Am I stupid for not understanding this movie? It was visually beautiful and the music was fantastic...

Am I stupid for not understanding this movie? It was visually beautiful and the music was fantastic, as well as Hugh Jackman being awesome as usual. But I just don't fucking get it.

yea me neither and i am pretty good at getting stuff.

i didn't get the concept that the sphere was a spaceship

This movie is so goddamn bad it pissed me off to no end.
I was mad for a straight week after watching it and get mad every time i hear it mentioned.

What's not to get?

You die, become part of nature, and live forever through the circle of life. It's immortality, but not as our human brains first imagined immortality to be.

One theory that I heard, that make sense, is that the only stuff that's "real" in the movie is the modern day scenes. We're seeing Rachel Weisz's story for the flashbacks and the Jackman character's continuation of the story is the future stuff.

I honestly prefer not knowing exactly what's going on though.

Shit son. The conquistador and the queen was the novel his wife wrote.

>this film is good
when will this meme die? i seen it once and forgot about it after. it's literally a film for hipster fags to gawk at and say they watch """intelligent""" movies
>also piss filter through the whole movie

read the comic.

it's just three different timelines that are in fact running in parallel, joined by the final act that transcends/affects all three at the same time.

it's a neat way to portray non-linear time.

Who in this thread has said that this movie is good?
Jesus fuck don't be that guy.

Here, I'll say it. The movie is good.

it's great. one of the best that year. you have shit taste.

Yeah it's a pretty good movie desu

It is good tho.

Either it's about a conquistador who found the fountain of youth and his Queen/lover living for hundreds of years, her dying in the present due to brain cancer, and him living into the distant distant future without her; OR it's simply about her dying in the present due to brain cancer and the rest of it is simply the story she was writing in the present. It's left up to you which is real.

>You will never travel through space with a bald naked Hugh Jackman in a bubble

It speaks for itself lads.

Top three aronofsky with Pi and Noah.

>he liked Noah

>he didn't like Noah
>predictable memeing
What an underage board

This movie is a masterpiece, oh you don't think so? Well fuck you, buddy, you're a pleb faggot.

That's what I took from it. It's a story about a man who can't come to terms with the fact his wife is going to die, even though she has accepted it and isn't scared. He finally comes to terms with the fact that they will be together again in the afterlife

Its showing different ways of how the fixation of curing death leads to not appreciating life fully.
We see this in the present as Hugh Jackman is stressed out and not making the most of life with his wife before she dies.

I suppose you could say that when the conquistador gets consumed by the tree of life he is being all consumed by serving his queen, that its killing him.

I suppose at the end when the future Jackman is at peace, its an acceptance of his wifes death.

A woman was telling a story. She had cancer. When she died her husband continued and finished her story. But the dude was more of a scientist than a story teller so it showed in the story telling.

My theology tutor kept saying it was a good film to watch about God or some shit. I ignored him when it looked like pretentious "it's up to yoooou to decide what's happening lol". No, fuck you. If you want to do a film about theology or whatever, it needs to have a intended goal, not a generic clusterfuck which is purposely done to be MysTERIOusOOooooooh.

Fuck you. Any film that is or attempts to be Kafkaesque is pretentious drivel.

This board is full of pleb faggots. I mean full of them 80-90% easy.

I love the movie and think it to all be real.

The conquistador segment is real, they die and wind up being reincarnated/carried on through bloodlines
The present day is real, wife dies, Hugh does NOT get closure in present day, promises to crusade to keep people from dying. Research breakthrough and discovery of seed supports this.
Future Hugh finally gets to xibalba, discovered key to eternal life on earth but comes to terms with the nature of life and accepting death. location of xibalba is a ripple in time and space, causing future hugh to appear to the conquistador, and the explosion sending seeds all throughout the universe in time and space.

Or something like that. Fuck you I liked it.

The final scenes are the last cool innovation in practical effects.

Other than that, it's a great movie to watch with your gf/bf/liveintrap. Guaranteed sexy time.

Theology is literally 'you decide' the degree

It's my 5th degree, actually. I just get bored, don't need a job due to inheritance and just do shit I find interesting.

Doesn't defeat my point that it's drivel of the highest order, where all poorly thought out scenes or camerawork or anything can be dismissed as some nonsense about God or "DATS WUT LYFE IS LIKE LOL".

There are better ways to get your point across without smoking a load of weed and watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory at x2.5, backwards, while Mongolian Throat Chanter music players in the background.

>Guaranteed sexy time

Only cause they're bored out of their fucking minds.

You need to watch it to understand, anything with themes of love and sadness are guaranteed sex.

Can you please donate $10000 to me over paypal so I can get out of debt? I would greatly appreciate it.

hey m8 can u give me 100 bucks pls

'dis. Immortality exists. That's what it is trying to say.

Bump

I thought the movie was an examination of dying. In the Spaniard tale you have someone who is seeking to circumvent death for the sake of glory. When he is on the cusp of death, he realizes living is the most precious thing.

In the modern story, you have a man who rejects death. Rather than accept his wifes death and spend time with her, he ignores her and focuses only on the future and curing her. In the end, his drive for immortality meant he ignored a life worth living.

The spaceman is one who longs for death, yet it never comes. To him, death is the gift and he wishes to reject living. Hes o much the opposite of the other two. Him being future Hugh isnt important to that fact.

it would've been a good story and all if the movie actually made me care about the characters of which it did not. the visuals are pretentious and the end results is a movie that is jumbled together in a yellow shitshow

Blame Brad Pitt. He left the movie and took half of the budget with it. It was originally much more expansive but they had to just work with what they had left. The graphic novel explains things a lot more.

This is a marketing meme, the graphic novel is nearly identical, the only real difference is that the conquistador timeline was originally a huge battle instead of 3 dudes.

The film doesn't look yellow in many parts. Dude colors. Dude sun

movie was supposed to make you care for characters journeys like existentialism does, not for characters themselves. not every movie is supposed to be a blockbuster with a distinct protagonist for audience to self insert to.

pretentious hipster garbage