Opinions on Ariel Pink?

Fav album, fav songs or just general opinions on his music?

personally I discovered him late 2016 and all 2017 I spent indulging on his music, it's... it's just so good

Attached: arielpinkHORIZ.jpg (633x356, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s9fmAtfPHzA
youtube.com/watch?v=yqQ_vR5qGpk&t
youtube.com/watch?v=FMH2AD2oBEk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mac DeMarco for people who "grew" out of Mac DeMarco

Attached: BTFO'd.gif (322x242, 1.32M)

I really like Black Ballerina

yeah that was a great song

He has like 20 fantastic songs and then another 50 pretty good ones

Ariel Pink is like the Mozart of pop. If he was better looking for the art hoes (and didn't have lyrics that liberals despise), he could singlehandedly define modern indie pop music. Nowadays, all the good looking young artists that are writing indie music all sing about the same shit; smoking, girls, sex, young love, being sad, etc. (Boy Pablo, Clairo, gus)

It's a shame Ariel Pink doesn't even feel any passion for writing music anymore, only doing it to get by.

>It's a shame Ariel Pink doesn't even feel any passion for writing music anymore, only doing it to get by.
wait, really? that's a shame

weird, i'm a huge liberal but i absolutely love his music. his lyrics and views while sometimes questionable don't seem to come from a place of malice so i don't mind them

you're probably just projecting

also isn't a lot of Ariel's music about sex/young love/girls etc lmao

but i agree on your statement of Ariel being the Mozart of pop though

pop genius

>good looking young artists
>gus
HA

Yeah, Ariel releases an album every couple of years every time he runs low on money. He really only exerts about 50% of his talent in his newer albums, which is still significantly better than most pop artists nowadays. If he were to commit all his energy to writing a full fledged passion project, then we'd have a modern masterpiece on par with pet sounds.
I was on a music discord server with a few trannies, they all hated Ariel Pink for being homophobic and transphobic.

"I could have been a Bobby Jameson. (Fame) is a state of mind. I don’t find it precious anymore, I don’t even romanticise it. I only make music because it’s a job. It’s been stripped of its romantic quality. I record very infrequently"

"My shit is like a chore, the side projects are what I live for. This is just work to me, and people don’t get it."

he is releasing modern masterpieces though

>young artists that are writing indie music all sing about the same shit
like they have always do for decades
wake up...

He should just join MGMT or make a supergroup to rejuvenate himself. He’ll fit in quite well with them

>and didn't have lyrics that liberals despise
but isnt he a mexican jew?

>He should just join MGMT

don't make me fucking puke

MGMT are garbage, ariel is a god

Are you completely unaware of just how racist Hispanics can be

>t. Hispanic

Pom Pom is such a pop masterpiece
Best song? white freckles, or Life in L.A.
I love everything about his music: his taste for catchy hooks, sweet pop, weird campy voices, etc.
he's still going strong, even after +20years of releasing albums, Bobby Jameson was really great. His EP with Weyes Blood last year was shit tho

>sometimes questionable
HOW?!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (960x960, 54K)

as a bedroom producer I have love hate relationship with his music

I can't help getting extremely envious and thinking I'll never be able to make anything this good.

Tears on Fire is a good song ruined by a meme chorus

you're either born with it or youre not

can't force it into existence, he won the lottery

>His EP with Weyes Blood last year was shit tho
>Tears on Fire is a good song ruined by a meme chorus
What's wrong with your ears? That entire song is amazing. The last song where he does a fake English accent is pretty good too.
Weyes songs were kinda boring but shes still a genius

Well Ariel likes them enough to contribute on their album and hang out with them.

he's collabed with a lot of shitty artists, not surprising

youtube.com/watch?v=s9fmAtfPHzA

i feel like hes overrated, maybe im just missing it. but some people act like hes a genius but his songs arent that great

youtube.com/watch?v=yqQ_vR5qGpk&t

i thought the exact same thing about "before today"

i was like this shit is overrated trash

then i sat down and listened to it

still think "Baby" is trash and "round is round" is just okay

>children singing

DROPPED

I'm seeing him next month.

He's fucking garbage.

But mgmt is not shitty

the absolute state of neo-Sup Forums.......

THE LITTLE GIRL AT THE END OF THIS IS THE MOST ADORABLE THING EVER also this is one of my favorite Ariel Pink songs

>makes the same album over and over again: the artist

Reissue your back catalog, man.

Attached: 4.png (240x238, 7K)

"Jesus Christ Came to Me in a Dream" clicked for me today

The title + the opening lines are very offputting, I didn't realize there was a great hook in there

alot of his songs are like that at first. A Tomb All Your Own sounded like gargled noise.

he's got a great ear for hooks and knows how to produce them well. a lot of his schtick is lifted from obscure 60s and 70s pop / rock groups. people who call him a genius don't realize where he's taking from. definitely a really talented guy, but his biggest talent is an ear for what to take from where, nothing he's done is original or groundbreaking.

baby is a cover

youtube.com/watch?v=FMH2AD2oBEk

>nothing he's done is original or groundbreaking.

shut up

he's created plenty of great original melodies of his own

a lot of artists have great melodies, what made ariel famous is his presentation of them, which was lifted from obscure pop albums from decades ago

Reminds me David Bowie, who also just treated music like a job and was really good at it

oh cool, name the albums

literally go on RYM and search by indie pop or lofi and look at the top albums

>baby is a cover
uh yeah i know, does that make it immune from criticism?

nothing those artists did was "original" either, nothing is.

everything, EVERTHING comes from something.

yeah yeah this is a shit quote but it's true: "good artists copy, great artists steal"-some hoe. not saying ariel stole anything but the best artists out there know exactly what to steal from their influences and mold them into something new.

delet this now douche

Everything before Before Today is full of unlistenable material with a handful of totally great songs, so when I think of Ariel Pink the majority of his output is a bit soured for me just because of my personal tastes. I think Before Today is his first album that I can listen to all the way through and not want to skip a single song, and I've heard everything before it so don't think I didn't give every LP a shot.

I think Ariel has a great approach to music in general, but the majority his output isn't for me.

Attached: johnholdingmatt.jpg (998x998, 108K)