Was he a pleb?

Was he a pleb?

Attached: 2a245a75f18fe243c7464e13f78eec44.jpg (1261x1920, 542K)

>a little too "new age" for my tastes
What did he mean by this?

>Huey's too black sounding for me

Nope.

Attached: 1262074700461.jpg (430x320, 11K)

He thought his music didn't have enough trips

Attached: WnQwwDr.jpg (816x816, 204K)

He preferred Collins to Gabriel Genesis, so yeah kinda

He said that so the detective wouldn't suspect him

no and neither are these dubs

Attached: vqGeMsr.gif (350x255, 1.78M)

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Fucking hilarious how hes telling the girls to do shit while explaining.

I guess he was so vapid with women he could only talk about useless music trivia

Dubs not intended but I'll def take those

Childhood is thinking indie is good. Adulthood is accepting that Jamiroquai is the greatest musical group the world has ever known.

You don't understand what vapid or what trivia means.

?

Dub threads aren't Sup Forums related, you nitwit

NO. imo

>Found this CD at a record store for $3
>Bought it because of the meme
>unironically a decent 8/10
Who else has had this experience?

He had a top tier taste. Check em

But it was vapid, the delivery was soulless like you had prerecorded thoughts playing without any active effort.
I love how what he is saying has substance but is ultimately rendered meaningless because he's an autistic robot

He was a yuppie so he was into whatever was trendy at the time. His criticism was not unlike the p4k review of that cupcakke album.

>meaningless because he's an autistic robot
Fuck you too mate

Im on the same boat m8 but this guy here is making me see some light

Attached: quote-out-of-your-vulnerabilities-will-come-your-strength-sigmund-freud-36-49-99.jpg (850x400, 46K)

thats the joke

yes but only because objectively Sports >>> Fore

Did you guys seriously not get the point that the protagonist is an utterly vacuous monstrosity?

What the fuck why can't i see my (You)s

But he didn't kill anybody

Attached: 7ef2e125-43fe-475d-bff4-5a2f7ffeb878_screenshot.jpg (1128x480, 35K)

He's pretty goyish and let's leave it at that. I don't think that BEE intended to portray an actual psycho, and if he did, he failed.

>mfw surrounded by dense goyish fucks

If anything, the psycho in the novel is the kikeish Culture of Critique slowly slaughtering 'murica by a thousand cuts.

Attached: IMG-3205.jpg (1000x1425, 418K)

Yes, but that was the fucking point.

Patrick was a pussy who only fantasized about being a psycho

He just quoted reviews from newspapers

>If anything, the psycho in the novel is the kikeish Culture of Critique slowly slaughtering 'murica by a thousand cuts.

lmao are you saying you think BEE is some red-pilled antisemite? in his podcast he talks about how he has a thing for jewish men and his last several boyfriends have been jewish. the novel, like pretty much all of his, is just an indictment of conceited, consumerist elite douchebags based off his father and his own experiences growing up in an elite family. the guy clearly has some kind of self-hatred complex about it

If American Psycho was set in present day, or at least the early 10s, what would /ourguy/ listen to?

Attached: tumblr_my8qsh7wv31ql8idao1_400.gif (383x372, 985K)

whatever wall street yuppies consider trendy, probably anything pitchfork-approved

MGMT.

Daft Punk

Whatever was big with late 20s/early 30s working professionals. Anything to make him seem inconspicuous.

Probably basic tier p4k indie, top 40, and rap

rap is too black sounding for him

He's 100% right about Genesis. Invisible Touch is an underrated album.

I am trying, to fit, in.

Sports tho

today he would listen to daft punk.

I was thinking Kraftwerk but yea

The point of Patrick Bateman is that he's an unreliable narrator. We don't know for certain is he is a psycho that can't relate or behave like a normal human being, or it's just his imagination. Also he might be going crazy, or everything he says is true but society is so over-run with materialism and nihilism that nobody cares.
Pretty much Patrick has no unique identity from anyone (hence why some characters call him different names) and the only thing that comes close to a unique identity is his consumer products. He's so vapid and unreliable that even the sex scenes, gore scenes, and "plot" becomes boring.