Fuck James and fuck blue people.

Go! Quaritch!!!

Based Jim will finally BTFO of capeshit forever.

what the hell is the madman planning

Cameron hasn't been good since The Abyss

Never doubt the Cameron

They're already moving the release dates around to avoid conflicting with Star Wars

honestly cant wait

great move writing the fifth movie and having the ending that far in advance.

>wastes over 20 years on space smurfs

wow

>Avatar 2 does okay
>Avatar 3 barely breaks even
>4 & 5 get cancelled

Calling it

Avatar release date was more likely moved from dec 2017 because they havent even started filming and its now February 2017

I dont get it

>you will live to see the second avatar shitstorm. and possibly the third fourth and fifth ones.

I can't wait to go see avatar 4 when I'm fucking 57

Yes, can't wait for another 3 hour >muh 3D wankfest

its Cameron
he'll pull it off, somehow

So is it going to Avatar 2? A2: Day of Reckoning? Avatars?

I hope each movie will be in a different setting in some way, I dunno

i'm with you,man. i never understood the appeal. i guess it's the family film aspect? parents don't mind watching this type of half-cartoon blockbuster with their kids? very safe story-telling. nothing wrong with that, just not my thing.

He has waited too long.

Jesus fucking Christ. Are these going to be the biggest flops of all time? Who is asking for 4 more avatar movies? Literally no one

well its virtually guaranteed one of them will be an underwater adventure

Avatar 2 will join the pantheon of delayed sequels alongside Anchorman 2, Zoolander 2, Bad Santa 2 and Independence Day: Resurgence

Predict the box office

>Avatar 2
3.5 billion

>Avatar 3
3.7 billion

>Avatar 4
4 billion

>Avatar 5: The Grand Finale
7 billion

>every single avatar film somehow sells more than the last

how would Sup Forums react?

It was massively popular for the 3d things back then. I think I paid like 12 eurodidoos for a ticket. It was average though the CGI was groundbreaking at the time.

>Avatar 2
1 billion

>Avatar 3
400 million

>Avatar 4
straight to DVD

>Avatar 5
straight to SyFy

should have waited until he'd written them all to make the first and then done them all back to back if he was gonna go full autism with it.

People only cared about Avatar because 3D was making a comeback in 2009. The only way for people to care now is if Cameron makes the first VR movie.

This has to be the trial balloon that has the studio panicking

You forgot

>Avatar 4: part 1
>Avatar 4: part 2
>Avatar 5: part 1
>Avatar 5: part 2

"Hey you know what would be really cool? FOUR more avatar movies!" said literally no one.

But I guess they figured they spent all this money on CGI 3d models and might as well render some more $$$

avatar 2: the company brings in terminators
avatar 3: hide in water, brings in abyss
avatar 4: company introduces aliens to pandora
avatar 5: jamie lee curtis dances sexy for some reason

well, alice in wonderland was a terrible movie

yeah but you cant really make a franchised out of being "technically impressive", right

right

Nah, Amber Heard's bullshit can be blamed for this.

aliens vs navi would unironically be a movie I'd watch the shit out of

>avatar 5: jamie lee curtis dances sexy for some reason
bwahahaah

So was Avatar

Of course not.

But Donald Trump was elected president, all bets are off really. I'm screencapping this guy just in case

Who /pro human/ here? Fuck blue niggers.

I'm sure this faggot trash franchise will make money but i hope it bombs. Fuck camereon and fuck hollywood

>because 3D was making a comeback
3 large scale tv manufacturing companies have halted all production on new 3D tv's cuz they know it was just a fad and shit.

>mfw we will never have prime Jim to write and direct alita anime kino

>The only way for people to care now is if Cameron makes the first VR movie.

why does this sound like something he'd actually do?

Will abatap return?

Will "0/10 you're just butthurt" overcome cunnyposting?

Can you fucking imagine, it'll just be like a training mission on call of duty

>But Donald Trump was elected president

The main reason these movies will do well, bullshit that shows humans as dregs of living life tend to do well when the republican are in power.

I was about to correct you but then I realized it really is 2017

what the fuck

>avatar 5: jamie lee curtis dances sexy for some reason

top kek

Bring me the copypasta!

Human's were the good guys

here pal
if that was in the movie and the military nuked the tree the movie would be a classic but cameron wanted a saga so he made it as normie as possible

Based Rob Rodriguez is taking a directorial role for that movie. Why you no liek teh mexican. He will make cinema kino again.

Neytiri is cute.

CUTE!!!!!

Cry more

You make me cry

The only thing good about Avatar sequels is the potential return of abatap.

So are all 5 movies going to be about the blue niggers or are we getting HUMANITY FUCK YEAH the franchise?

Because its something he would do.

I hate Avatar but that movies legacy wont be remembered in pop culture, its going to be a technical evolution of CGI and how we film movies.

Its a tale old as time, yeah the guy who pioneers tech will be a god in his own time but there is a chance the things he made get ignored because of the advancements he used by most common people. Only the dregs of what ever replaces the internet will care about the details, I mean I was forced to see Avatar about three times and I couldn't tell you a single fucking thing that happened besides it looked cool.

Like no characters stood out, no action set pieces stand out, I couldn't even tell you the basic plot besides some cunt betrays humanity and has sent human advancement back decades because he was a cunt.

what will happen to Avatars 3-5 if Avatar 2 bombs?

given that literally nobody aside from him was willing to even make the gamble, its in absolutely no way his fault the rest of the movie industry doesn't want to adapt it

ITT: butthurt haters
Cry more

I just want it to be pic related

>finally releases Avatar 2
>only manages to pull in half of what Avatar 1 made
>most people have forgotten the basically blue human looking aliens

>Avatar 3 comes out a year later, but Cameron is no longer director
>straight to video
>becomes a cult classic becuase it is basically a mixture of Starship Troopers and Pocohantas

>Avatar 4 goes the same route as Starship Troopers 2

>No Avatar 5 because WW3 left America, especially California, in ruins.

Cameron is a hack anyways. Terminator was a fluke.

This is what happens when retards have too much money.

>especially California, in ruins
I cant wait

This.

2 will most likely do well, but it is going to dissapoint most people and leave them not wanting to see more blue people that aren't Smurfs.

3 will tank and push any future projects to the straight to video/tv market.

nah nukes would never be used
they have a ship going there at like 70% light speed, all they need to do to blow up a large portion of the planet it toss out their garbage halfway through the journey and watch it explode the shit out of the planet

0/10 you're just butthurt

>no way his fault the rest of the movie industry doesn't want to adapt it

No its a the fault of the viewer for not wanting to pay between 2 and 5 bucks for a gimmick that was poorly done in most cases and gave a good portion head aches.

The industry tried to adopt it, its was a trash gimmick that has been dragged out once again because most people don't remember how many movies tried it in the 80s or tv shows tried in in the 90s.

Don't try and act like the industry killed it, they bled that bullshit for all its worth till the consumer gave up on it once again.

>especially California, in ruins.
Thank fucking Christ.

you must be high, cameron movies don't tank

NeyNey posting everyney!

Is anybody genuinely hyped for the sequels??? It is really hard for me to find anybody online, or in my personal life who truly cares about this series.

to be fair there was resistance from the industry as well with many an "old guard" dismissing the techniques used

I can't wait for a CGI version of Jamie Lee Curtis dancing sexy for some reason. Will they also CGI Arnold in there as the Terminator?

Depending how much they need they could possible carpet bomb the place, there is no need to keep people alive.

Yeah sure, the guys who remember it the last few times it failed.

I smell Bloat.

>built wonders
Who needs wonders when you have huge Mother Tree and floating islands? Pandora is basically a wonder by itself. The rest of what he said is just retarded.

rarr, anons!

Kek
Light speed space sewage impact

>barely any mention of the abatap meme
Sup Forums is 95% newfags

just saying that objects moving at relativistic speed have so much energy behind them if they hit something its more powerful than a nuke

all you'd need to do to destroy the entire planet would be to, over the course of 12 hours systematically release shit from your space ship
no need for explosives of any kind, no radioactive fallout, and you need to go that fast anyways if you want to even get to the place

also as bonus point its literally impossible to stop because the attack happens several lightyears away from the planet

Who said anything about Cameron? He will jump ship the moment number 2 does worse than the first.

for you

They're all being filmed simultaneously. 5 will be done by the time 2 is released.

>they made like 7 harry potter films and they're making more
>they made like 8 star wars films and they're making more
>they made i don't know how many marvel movies and they're making more
>they made like 26 james bond movies and they're making more
>"im okay with this"
>james cameron wants to make four more avatar movies
>"whoa slow down there buddy"

lel

Fucking INCREDIBLE CGI.

>2009

Two (2) Thousand and NINE

you make sense

Literally my mom's nintendo.

>they made 0 good Harry Potter films and they're making more
>they made 2 good Star Wars films and they're making more
>they made ... 5, 6? good James Bond movies and they're making more
Looks like Avatar is going for the Harry Potter batting average

t. beta numale

Avatar prequel: A flying piranha story

Rest in piece.

I can't even begin to imagine what the hell they would even be about.

Did somebody say "belated sequel that no one asked for?"