Why don't we punish China with economic sanctions for global warming?

Why don't we punish China with economic sanctions for global warming?

Other urls found in this thread:

global.nature.org/content/clearing-the-air-china-now-leads-world-in-clean-energy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Probably because they can punish you harder

>hurr durr let's do sanctions on China for pollution
>capitalists and establishment hate it as they cannot use sweatshop laborers

>caring about Global Warming

Why should I care if my great great great grandson might have to deal with 50 degree weather in winter? I already deal with that on a daily basis.

fpbp

t. Ayn Rand
Enjoy your hell

I'm not a Russian you piece of shit

China is actually doing a lot to reduce emissions. Worth a read: global.nature.org/content/clearing-the-air-china-now-leads-world-in-clean-energy

>Why don't we punish China with economic sanctions for global warming?
Because they produce less carbon emission footprint per person than your country.
Should not blame the problem on the countries that pollute more and have less people living on it? Like France, for example...

>VW vehicles hit a record high of 10.3 million units in the global market, and 3 million units in China last year
Germany will oppose the sanction since 30% of VW cars are sold there

"Because it's racist"

>Germany will oppose the sanction
And?

Because they are only doing what we did 150 years ago.
It would be really hypocritical of us to punish them for trying to become a developed country

The chinese economy, for me, is full of spirit and very efficient. They're gdp per capita is already pretty high, followed by a very high gdp growth. Miraclous economy i think, beside the irish economy. I'm no economic expert though.

We didn't know in 1850, now we know and THEY know.

So what do you suggest? Chinese stay poor farmers forever while the west enjoys the fruits of industrial society?

China has way more people than america or Canada. Still produces less green house gases per capt that those countries.
Should we punish China for being a continental country with a huge population? Or Canada and America for fuels like there is no tomorrow?

this
they don't have Veto power

We could just nuke them and solve all of the problems

but noooooo people will call America evil if we did that.

Also worth pointing out that the demand for steel and coal is actually dropping in China, due to a massive amount of construction already done. Bad for Australian exports but better for the world overall.
They are investing heavily in more "green" alternatives, mainly due to the economic benefits of moving away from fossil fuels and into the emerging green technology markets.

Yeah enjoy literal Fallout if that happens

That would only more problems. In this instance, nuking your country would have a greater international net benefit over nuking China. Your nation is in decline, user.

For fucking sake. If you want to punish someone. Punish countries with more than 10 million metric tones per capt.
Bunch of retarded people who can't read a simple statistic and cry because the second biggest country in the world, with the biggest population in the world, produce little more green house gas than America.

Dunno, per capital they don't pollute so much. So are we saying this as a nominal factor or per capita? Are we going to look at this historically or only in the last 50 years?

Finally someone who is not complete retarded.

China takes care of punishing itself by having a severe water shortage and poisonous air.

nah m8 nuclear winter via destroying China and Russia is the only way to go

I guess the "Australian" poster is a lemon face.

1. Because they produce less carbon emission footprint per person than your country.
2. Because China is actually doing a lot to reduce emissions.
3. Because as it stands right now, you NEED to pollute if want to develop. The entirety of Europe, America, Canada and Australia already polluted much more than China has done ever since the Industrial Revolution.
4. Because unlike America, China is actually committed to the Paris Agreement, and is set to reach their goal ahead of schedule by at least 5 years.
5. They also pledged billions of dollars to help poor countries develop without polluting.
6. And finally, because they can punish you harder.

That's why

>6. And finally, because they can punish you harder.
I assume you don't try to imply this to America?
We could make China our bitch if we wanted. And if they try to revolt send in Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea to butt fuck them into submission

>We could
Of course you would

bitch i'll move to china and rape Xi myself

I don't think your fat-scooter could cross the Pacific.

Ah the famous American bravado. You couldn't make china your 'bitch'. There are enough nuclear weapons on both sides to make this strategically worthless. so let's just relax and dial it down a little okay?

Mate Russia, with it's nearly 2,000 nukes couldn't win a nuclear war against America, or even make it unviable to start the war if certain circumstances played out. Such as an invasion of Estonia or Poland.

So how the hell do you think 200 Chinese nukes would do that.

>We could make China our bitch if we wanted.
Yes, yes...
America totally depend of Chinese build things. You industry is dead and you just re-sell Chinese goods.
How did you plan to shoot them, if they produce the lead, coper and nitrated of your bullets?
America is not the only market of china. The entire world is. If you stop producing goods there, and start to produce goods in America, the price will triplicate and you will have material shortages because they control most of the rare materials that you expensive gadgets requires.

As always, American education post.

They are not the worst offenders.

>american industry
>dead
To foreigners unironically believe this?

MADE IN CHINA.

i don't think so
they have you by the balls with the monopoly of rare earth

Mate you didn't go to nuclear war with Russia.

Nuclear policy of china is never to strike first. They only have enough nukes to punish anyone that uses nukes on them. And 200 is plenty able to wipe off every American city. You don't even have a nuclear treaty with china, they don't have to tell you the number of nukes are in their hands or their delivery systems.

the us pollutes more lmao

How many of those things are made in china?
People will not pay 3x the price just because it's write "made in murica" on it. They will simple change brands for europeans (if they want quality)or chineses (if they want cheap).

nobody wants a nuclear war because that would most likely mean the end of civilization as we know it

it's not about wining the war what would matter, it's about what would be left after that that worries everyone so much

Why do chineses value money more than their own lungs?

Because global warming is an idee fixe.

You tell me.

this has literally never been an argument against what op is suggesting in the history of ever

I don't think so. This is a lie to chock to sell newspaper.

/thread

>I don't think so. This is a lie to chock to sell newspaper.

>Third worlders like him him or him coming to the defense of China as always.

>t. American under à proxy
Come on bud, just look at the smog above big cities like Lyon and Paris...
It's been proven that pollution lowers life expectancy, why so shill tonight?

Don't forget that western countries outsource their pollution to China.

one for LA
one for San Francisco
one for NY
one for Seattle
one for mississipi
and america is over