13 Hours

>13 Hours
>Lone Survivor
>Black Hawk Down

Why do these things always end up a total shitshow? Is the CIA and support forces really that fucked up?

Is Hillary in the movie? Or was it made to absolve her?

theres a drone watching everything and Jim says that washinton sees everything. They dont do anything so u gotta put it together

Politicians making the rules.

all 3 were good movies.
idk the real stories though.

Dr. P spoke highly of it, and even MITMichael more or less approved.

If these operations went smooth no one would really care about it.

i watched 13 hours and how close does it represent reality. Is a small group of highly trained cia soldiers capable of taking on 100's of soldiers in that movie, or were many artistic liberties taken? I say this with respect to their skills and service, but they pulled off some Call of Duty esque things.

Because there's far more operations that you never hear about. Shit happens and things go wrong.

A Green Beret won a medal of honor in Iraq for holding off an ambush of a hundred plus shitskins.

There's a reason they're so selective about who they pick to even start training. Training takes years and not everyone passes.

Most soldiers are just meat shields but special forces or operators spend years training to learn shit that the knowledge of 100 meat shields combined will never know.

This as well as the Geneva and Hague conventions, but you wouldn't want to fight in a conventional war without them.
I just wish that combat with terrorists granted immunity to the Geneva and Hague conventions because it would solve the insurgency and ISIS/taliban/AL quaeda problem.

You always remember the worst things.
We never hear about successful operations very long because they're not as interesting.

If Davy Crockett had a .50 BMG and a nightscope the Alamo would have been different, granted, but these stories always have the same elements

>shit chain of command
>shit communications
>shit supply chain
>shit equipment or lack of intel

It's always the little things that screw these guys.

>Is the CIA and support forces really that fucked up?

Because like all public sector organisations, the CIA just a bureaucratic clusterfuck for the most part. A lot of people mistake fuck ups caused by competing and petty career interests as part of a global mastermind plan.

Rented this from redbox. Forgot to watch it. Should I bother or return it?

>shit chain of command>shit communications>shit supply chain>shit equipment or lack of intel
>Little things

Uhhh, those are key elements.

>operation
civilian military pro detected. link your dd214 and ill link mine.

The supposedly anti-war liberals are actually against committing to a properly thought out war. They take victory for granted because they cannot understand that in combat, the enemy gets a vote. This is how Obama tried to invade Syria using exactly the same nonsense concepts that Bush had tried in invading Iraq.

shit happens when you are actually doing stuff. But i guess we can just look at the track record of modern germany to see how succesful their policy of doing nothing is.

>A Green Beret won a medal of honor in Iraq for holding off an ambush of a hundred plus shitskins.

They're probably his neighbors now, getting free money

I've never been an operator but I've been 11B and I can assure you that plenty of officers that are in charge are fucking stupid. They spend all day at a desk and have no idea what they're doing which leads them to make terrible decisions. Even the special operators have superiors to listen to.

You can't say "actually Sir I think if we do it like this instead" in the military without serious repercussions. It's not a perfect system.

in some cases the people they're shooting at have no idea what they're doing. have you seen all those syria combat videos where isis/rebels/actual syrians literally peek out of a corner, spray with a machine gun with 0 support, then walk back into cover?

If these movies are even a hair close to the reality of what actually happened, we've definitely got the best soldiers on the planet.

They don't care about winning they care about spending

13 Hours was the movie Michael Bay was born to make. I liked it a lot.

Some people like to use guys like Fellini or Bergman to determine if someone is patrician or not. Not me. I use Michael Bay since he's actually well known and supremely talented. I'm of the belief that if you don't like any of Michael Bay's movies, you've been brainwashed by critics and film snobs.

>what is sarcasm

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

You have a better word for them pog?

movie is b-tier with z-list actors

its alright

They're well trained professionals with years of experience versus a bunch of shit kickers who picked up an AK.

Numbers can only get you so far.