So Sup Forums, which are the best DS9 episodes?

So Sup Forums, which are the best DS9 episodes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kY4uXDHBjMs
youtube.com/watch?v=TREQGl54BU8
youtube.com/watch?v=acF2f3XLfCo&t=124s
youtube.com/watch?v=TkzEp1qF8sM
ankhstream
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

duet
in the pale moonlight

the ferengi ones

Imagine being Bashir in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Miles O'Brien, you fuckin' fine, all talented with your horrific childish accuracy and your lack of strength. I would totally play darts with you, both my normal human persona and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in his operating room. Like seriously imagine having to be Bashir and not only stand there in that bar while Miles O'Brien flaunts his horrific darts game in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing his sweating brow and funbling fingers, and just stand there, throw after throw, hour after hour, while he attempts to bullseye. Not only having to tolerate his pathetic skill but his haughty attitude as everyone in the bar tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, MILES O'BRIEN THROWS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to stand there and watch his hamfisted, pathetically aimless throws fly into parts of the dart board you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later Kira's sweet Bajoran pussy for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies on Earth. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his furrowed brow as he concentrates on that next useless attempt, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to pretend to be normal and bask in his "talented (for that is what he calls himself)" darts game, the skills he worked so hard for with Worf and Quark in the previous months. And then Miles asks for another game, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the Odo and his security team could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Bashir. You're not going to get your parents arrested over it. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

you already know

would a ferengi centric show work?

not really, have only watched it once so forget some parts and episode, just wanna find out what other people think

maybe if they changed em a little, more depth and longer lasting conflicts, aslo there are lot of they homeworld and custums that we dont know anything about

Empok Nor - Crew find sister station to DS9, one of them goes full on 'heeeeeere's Johnny'

Civil Defense - the crew accidentally trip the old Cardassian security protocols.

The Siege of AR-558 - crew are caught in the trenches of battle.

Way of the Warrior - Worf! Space battles!

The Trouble with Tribbles - Nostalgia

I cannot give a single fuck about the plight or tribulations of Bajor. Who seriously cares about Bajor?

I CARED FOR BAJOR

any episode where it is spent it quarks bar

Who mourns for Morn?

Good examples

To add:
Improbable Cause & The Die is Cast
Our Man Bashir
Homefront & Paradise Lost
Blood Oath
In Purgatory's Shadow & By Inferno's Light
The Visitor
Far Beyond the Stars

all of them.

especially the magnificent

>tfw I'll never watch for the first time DS9 again

maybe you should

*blocks your path*

The Dominion War ones were good until the Prophet Space Magic near the end.

youtube.com/watch?v=kY4uXDHBjMs

yeah but i only want ds9 episodes and peoples personal opinions on them

Well in the pale moonlight is probably the undisputed #1 episode

I enjoyed the ferengi time travel episode

This one's at least in the top 5

Mah Ferengi

I generally like the klingon episodes and how they related to the other factions

I liked Explorers because it had some bonding between Jake and Ben

youtube.com/watch?v=TREQGl54BU8

youtube.com/watch?v=acF2f3XLfCo&t=124s

It's Only a Paper Moon is the comfiest Trek episode.

Bashir was super smart and athletically gifted but he still enjoyed human interaction. He enjoyed the camaraderie and O'Briens salt-of-the-earth point of view even if he had to lower his game to spare his feelings.

Don't talk shit about the best bros in Trek.
youtube.com/watch?v=TkzEp1qF8sM

Little Green Men

I love the ferengi race as a concept but toward the end it got a little thin.

They kept using the same handful of characters over and over. Made the Ferengi empire seem small.

>Quark
>Rom
>Nog
>Zek
>Brunt
>Moogie

BEST TITLE

Watching ds9 for the first time and just saw "Hard Time" last night. How the fuck can they allow that level of cruelty on TV? Poor O'brien.

Is that the one when he comes out of prison and tries to commit sudoku?

who /Rejoined/ here?

>Quark
Always on the station so it makes sense he'd come up often.
>Rom
See Quark
>Nog
See Quark
>Zek
Klingon Chanicillors show up all the time. The same applied to the Ferengi
>Brunt
FCA
>Moogie
See Quark

The Visitor and In the Pale Moonlight are my two favorites.

Honorable mention to Duet and The Adversary

It gave him an excuse to get absolutely smashed because it helped him pretend to be normal.

Honestly I hated the way they handled his genetic engineering. They should have played up that in his case it simply made him normal.

I liked it because it was like the Ferengi had their own cheap sitcom within the show.

i rewatch it every year or so and its still a fantastic experience each time

just skip some of the truly awful episodes like move along home / the muse / profit and lace etc

Probably, yeah. There were a couple episodes after his genetic engineering was revealed that they started writing him like Data.

>We have only a 36234223.3% chance of success

Profit and Lace

>I cannot give a single fuck about the plight or tribulations of Bajor. Who seriously cares about Bajor?

Not a fucking clue.
From day one when they showed us "The Bajora" and Ensign Ro, to the formation of the Maquis, and later still into DS9 they were always, AL-WAYS whining self-righteous little pricks about everything.

>Ensign, that earring's not uniform-
>THE OCCUPATION! MY CULTURE!

or

>What do we know about the wormhole aliens?
>Commander, that is the TEMPLE of the PROPHETS! I will NOT sit here with my sweaty cous and my chafed brow wrinkles while you demean MY PEOPLE and MY FAITH!
>*faint Changeling harumph heard in the background*

They never depicted them as anything other than that almost EVER. I can't think of a single moment, although I'm sure there were some rare few I'm forgetting.

>avoid the first season
have fun.

>We have only a 36234223.3% chance of success

Don't you realize that was the death knell of Bashir's character development?

That episode with the EMH creator and his parents was like a huge part of his character arc and it all gets crammed into a corner and is let out in occasional lines like 'stand back dare way behoind da loin ya' genetic freak!' or 'Captain, our chances can be squared then postulated inversely..' you know, just casually mention it to remain the viewer he's genetically enhanced.

The character had a lot of potential and that is why I feel the Dominion War singled out the best characters for the writers and the rest were rarely expanded upon.

>I liked Explorers because it had some bonding between Jake and Ben
Can't think of a more filler and inconsequential episode in the series.
Even Dukat's arrival at the end seemed ridiculous.

>just skip some of the truly awful episodes like move along home

Stopped considering this user sentient there.

>How the fuck can they allow that level of cruelty on TV? Poor O'brien.
Because it's O'Brien. No pokeiko famine or Cardie death sentence will end his suffering.
No, only O'brien himself can end his horror.

>be O'Brien
>live in a communist utopian society where nobody has to work
>work anyway and complain about it constantly

>Irishman
Found your problem

>until the Prophet Space Magic near the end.

I prefer high ground Dukat to fuck a Kai before I die Dukat

>OI CAKEHOLE ME DOGS EH BAIRKIN
>REPLICATE SOME EGGS AND
>MIIIILLLESSS, WHERE'S TARKASIAN OIL DIFFUSION AMPLIFIER????!!!!!
>ME BOLLOCKS YE RIGHT CUNT I OUGHTA!!

>re releasing DS9 with this nice box art
>not Blu ray
FUG

I don't like bluray of old shows desu unless it has really outstanding kinematography (such as the X-Files) 2bh, it just kinda reveals the cheapness of the sets and costumes.

House of Quark
Profit and Loss
It's only a Paper Moon

>"2,b,h" now ALSO autofilters to desu
Wow it's like you WANT us to come up with even yet more annoying permutations to circumvent this word fascism

Wouldn't X files be better watched on DVD in a dark room for added creepiness?

I love my TNG blu rays tbqh, DS9 would look loads better in HD.

I'm not sure what the current highest quality version of the X-Files is, there was a european HDTV release a while back though that looked stunning even in 720p rips.

Not to change the subject but there is no ceiling to prime Jillian in high def. 4K is not enough

>They never depicted them as anything other than that almost EVER. I can't think of a single moment, although I'm sure there were some rare few I'm forgetting.
Horse hit. Pic related is one of the all time great trek antagonists.
The episode where Kira has to investigate Berial and uncovers evidence he was a collaborator only to find out he was covering for Kai Opaka, who sold out her own son to the spoonheads.
The season one finale with the military coupe of bajor covertly backed by the spoonheads.
Kira evicting the old man off the moon of Bajor

There are plenty of good Bajor and Bajoran centric episodes.

I don't understand this at all. You want shekels for marketing the series in an all new release but are their new extra features? Is it the same as the original DVD?

If so, I couldn't possibly be bothered.

Have to agree. Only thing taken away is some of the alien prosthetics.

Blu rays were released, the upgraded version is streaming, encodes are floating around on torrent sites too.

I haven't watched them yet, last watched the series in 2013 on DVD boxset I got.

>Is it the same as the original DVD?
I think it is, just keeping the stock fresh, and maybe trying to fund a blu ray release.

Kai Winn is arguably the best ds9 character in terms of her actor's portrayal of the character. It was damn near perfect;she always elicits an angry response from casual viewers. Her character is sad underrated but I think that poster is mainly right in that the Bajoran status quo remains as eternal victims. The terorrist freedom fighters that Kira meets up with were more off the beaten path in terms of Bajoran personalities are concerned.
Kai Opaka was also more of a strong religous leader than a touchy feely one holding fast to war crimes of cardassians every other sentence.

I always thought The Siege of AR-558 was the most underrated episode of the series.

It really makes the war more personal, instead of nameless ships being blown up with nameless crew.

someone post the version with the n word

I dont understand this. First season of DS9 has some slow episodes but overall it's very good.

Season 2 is worse than Season 1 IMO

Remember that time Tuco Salamanca was in Starfleet?

If almost any alien species, including Cardassians, are allowed to just pull up to DS9 in their ship and stay there, why are there never any terrorist attacks?

Since it's 350 years in the future and populations are HUGE, what's to stop the Obsidian Order from just sending a few Cardassian prisoner suicide bombers to get rid of Sisko, who's basically guarding the wormhole?

free trek stream at
ankhstream dot com

then click on GUEST tab at top to go to correct channel

The Obsidian Order doesn't exist to eliminate Cardassia's external enemies, but rather it exists to eliminate Cardassia's internal enemies.

Specifically, the Obsidian Order exists to eliminate anyone who opposes the Obsidian Order.

Ship registries are checked and background checks are run of anyone on board. Known criminals are not allowed, and in the entire show very few Cardassians are allowed on the station.

greetings from

I liked Explorers because it had some bonding between Bashir and O'Brien.

JE-RU-SA-LEM!

But I have netflix

JEWED
E
W
E
D

>DS9 would look loads better in HD

Yeah, it does.

In no particular order:

>Whispers
>Civil Defence
>Profit and Loss
>In The Pale Moonlight
>Duet
>Tribunal
>Armageddon Game
>Second Skin
>Improbable Cause

I also really liked the Bajoran coup mini-arc which never seems to get any love: In The Hands of The Prophets / The Homecoming / The Circle / The Siege

But then you get stuff like ToS and TNG remastered with modern/updated effects where the old stuff was

take dis dax fans