Anyone else hate the Netflix series release format?

Anyone else hate the Netflix series release format?

Binging limits first impressions and stifles discussion and community forming.

positive:
Can binge watch
No hiatus

Negative:
No time to get attached to the series as you normally would
You have to wait more time between seasons
"stifles discussion and community forming"

Why don't you just ignore threads about it and watch at your own pace? If you want to watch one episode a week then do it, don't make everyone else revolve around you.

To be honest I don't get how normalfags have the time to "binge" watch like 12 episodes. I barely have the time to watch maybe one or two episodes a day going to college and having a part time job

Seems like you are the normie, feglord

I would be out drinking with friends and having sex instead of studying and working if I was a normie you filthy normie

I don't like watching the entire series in one sitting but defintely enjoy the freedom to watch whenever and however much I want anytime instead of just once a week.

>stifles discussion and community forming

yeah you can binge watch if you don't have a fucking job or anything to do.
fuck communities you watch shit for you not to talk about cute boys with 40-50 year old men online. jesus christ.

>fuck communities
What are you doing here if you don't like to talk about what you're watching?

One episode per day is best of both worlds imo

I do watch at my own pace, but avoiding spoilers is difficult, and I'd prefer to be part of the discussion from day one. There's a kind of a camaraderie and culture that forms in threads about shows with regular release schedules. And I feel that sleeping on something is crucial in familiarizing yourself with it and forming a complete opinion on it, which is why I also don't like reading books in one sitting.

Plus a lot of things from early episodes of a season get overlooked because everyone wants to discuss the biggest and most important episodes/plot points.

which is why Lynch is going to revitalize television this May.

No. Id rather not live my life by broadcasters scheduler I want to watch when I want to watch it.

Yes, we need "community" like /got/, huh?

Is he still doing that meme protest, or did he give up on that?

I feel like three days is the sweet spot where it's enough time to discuss everything from a single episode without going into dry territory, while also giving people time to catch up if they don't manage to watch it on the airing day.

i'm here for the memes.
he got arrested in the first week and i don't think he's shown up since. it's still goin though.

top kek

I simply never went to a /got/ thread because i have 0 interest in it, so i don't know what's the problem.

People like you say that and then end up sharing 30 posts a day on Facebook. Bet you don't have 15 minutes to walk a dog or an hour to go to the gym? Lazy excuses, a show can be watched 1 episode a night before bed so easily.

And besides even if netflix didn't exist people would still wait for the whole season to air and just watch it anyway. That's the culture we live in now everybody wants it now.

Discussion ruins shows. Who needs a thousand autist's predicting shows week by week and inevitably getting one of those predictions right. It just ruins the experience.

Are you the guy that raged in Westworld threads?

Good angle I didn't think about, and a valid point. I watched Westworld across 10 days with my brother, not caring much for the discussion, and had a much better experience than most, from what I could see reading forum posts complaining about how accurate predictions spoiled the show for them.

It's good for most shows

Something like LOST on Netflix would be awful though

I like it. I normally watch like two episodes at a time, then resume when I have more time.

I actually end up waiting multiple weeks for shows on the DVR so I can watch a few eps at once.

This. When I finally watched LOST it was just after season 7 ended. I binged the entire series, and never once had to waste months or years thinking up where could they be. So I wasn't let down by the ending not living up to what would have been years of hype.

Kill yourself normal fag, you're not fooling anyone

Nah, I watched 5 episodes of that turd after it finished airing and gave up. I've experienced this with other shows, so I haven't followed discussion since True Detective season 2.

I miss the days when there weren't literal faggots posting in every thread.

you no like feminine benis?

Binging shows is OBJECTIVELY bad.

netflix ended the golden age of television (the wire, mad men, breaking bad, lost, sopranos etc) and supplanted it with data gathered contrived trend riding formulaic sjw propaganda
still today All the best written shows are off netflix.

its shows are inherently flawed. they suffer from poor pacing and rushed writing and tend to cater to fan service instead of storytelling
what did you expect from a company making formulaic shit from harvesting your data?

it's obviously going to ride a trend of views and subscriptions

it springs out of an echo chamber of enthusiastic millennials who have a ceaseless optimism for anything remotely related to the internet, technology and the future
the only reason its shows are successful is because it carved out a market of fan boys of the company itself

The decent products are things it resurrected from other networks. Anything home grown is cheap and badly written because it's produced by a computer. they just check off criteria to see if it it fits their data formula and away they go.

Netflix accrued its market by gathering products from other sources in film and tv.
And through heavy branding and marketing it as the future of television it won over a large percentage of the kind of millennials who cast no critical eye on innovation

as the intention is to produce shows viewers can marathon, it inevitably leads to quality over quantity.

its viewers think themselves too smart for already rejecting traditional broadcast cable providers failing to see their emotional attachment to the new one

Netflix user data means they're making shows from literal meme entertainers. you could probably have worked that out by the number of their youtube videos were shared on reddit beforehand. in that time netflix was gathering market data

In the end it amounts to name dropping more than show running

They need to focus on what writers want to make and not what people want to watch.

They just pick up stuff that would have been made (or not) regardless. Many Netflix Originals writers have praised the freedom they have in their jobs.

Well done, user. Well done.

HOWEVER

Sort of. But the "SJW propgaganda" stuff is bullshit. That's just what millennials want, it's not propaganda.

>watch series on Netflix
>completely forget most of the episodes three months later

>Lost is part of the golden age of television
>mfw

I could seriously feel my brain flexing trying to make sense of this

>it's a normalfag tries to fit in episode

Another point, do you think this format will be the death of shows with one storyline per episode formats? It seems that the binge watch format generally better facilitates shows with overarching narratives throughout seasons.

Women in power. Evil white man! Interracial relationships. All common in netflix originals.

No I prefer it because I don't treat a series to the binge style but it gives me flexibility to watch as many episodes as I have time for.

Between my job and other entertainment I'm consuming I can watch when and how I like.

It's why I haven't watched a television series on television at the time it releases since like 2006. I don't have a DVR either so streaming was a godsend when it finally started. There was a huge time where I never watched television shows at all.

Thanks to streaming/piracy I can actually enjoy it.

However, releasing episodes at time is retarded. I lost interest immediately in that new Top Gear thing on Amazon because I don't feel like waiting on a new episode and then I just forget about it and lose interest.

Dropped it after how Bojack season 3 turned out.

If not copypasta yet then thank you for your retarded opinions. I'm gonna use this in the future.

>If not copypasta

Any post that's longer then a sentence and has the word SJW in it is copypasta.

There's no arguing against this. The binge-release hurts discussion, and it sucks as somebody who actually likes discussing shows.

I think it's actually a poor financial choice for Netflix as well. Look at the word-of-mouth popularity Westworld got. It wasn't even a good show, and yet it had some of the highest ratings of anything on HBO just because people were talking about it. Now, we don't know the comparative popularity of anything on Netflix, they will probably never release their analytics, but I can't imagine the binge-release helps them. It's the comparison of a ~3 week discussion period vs an 8-10 week one. What is better advertising?

I feel like they're going for the "good guys" public image, since having shows release over almost three months would force three months of subscription on the viewers. They're trying to be all about freedom and choice.

What didn't you like about it sempai?

>College

I study STEM at uni and we have so much free time. There is also no point in going to the lectures, you learn almost nothing from them.

>hiatus between season
and those are fucking long.

>Binging stifles discussion and community forming.

good

I want to watch shows at my own pace, and I hate waiting a week for new episodes.

I wait for non-netflix shows to fully be out before watching the season. I can't do the weekly shit anymore it's horrible.

>people actually fork over shekels for cuckflix

Why are 90's born guys such faggots? Why do you want to see that shit user?

They should release comics the same way. Let the artist draw 500 pages and then release. This way you will have consistency instead of changing artists in the middle of a story arc

Let's be honest, it's not like their shows are actually "community" worthy anyways.

Stranger Things is probably the only show that would've benefited from a weekly release.

Same here user. They can fuck off with their forced faggotry.

I share a netflix account with about 8 people and I'm not the one who pays for it. Get some friends.

What? You all chip in $2 each? Why not just down load those shows for free faggot?

Netflix should invest more into their original programming and take advantage of the trend toward streaming media. Daredevil was shit. It looks like they spent 500 bucks on a camcorder and filmed their friends. I even like Marvel movies but haven't watched any of the Marvel stuff on Netflix after the first half of DD

Why the fuck do you watch tv if you don't want to discuss it? It's the only justifiable reason given that tv is almost entirely garbage.

Amy Sherman-Palladino fought for Gilmore Girls to be released seasonally (the episodes are all named after seasons) but they wouldn't allow it.

it's probably cheaper for them to get it out the door with only one big promotional push, then move onto whatever they have next on their plate.

it sucks, but at least the work stands on its own.

>community forming
go back to redd it queer

great argument

Some people are perfectly happy with their own mind for company. I feel no need to discuss music, movies, shows, games, or any other thing with anyone else. Most of everything is terrible doesn't mean there aren't great things out there just waiting to be experienced.

>I'm gonna use this in the future.
That's whats needed here user, more faggots reposting stupid shit. Thanks for nothing.

>Let's be honest, it's not like their shows are actually "community" worthy anyways.

Very true. Low budgets, scripts that have been passed over by any worthwhile studio, demographic-driven content that results in monstrosities like pic related, why anyone would think a netflix show is worth "bingeing" is beyond me.

go back to redd it queer

What worthwhile series do they even have outside of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt?

The Crown?

>inb4 unbreakable kimmy schmidt is bad

Sup Forums doesn't need any more general faggotry user. fuck off with this bullshit.

No, one person pays for it. The rest of us just have his account info.

It really isn't a lot of money and you really can share it with anyone you trust.

The thing about netflix is you can check out things you would never bother to download. You can watch all types of garbage tv to fill the hole in your life without any commitment.

hemlock grove

>Why the fuck do you watch tv if you don't want to discuss it?
is this a serious question, being asked on Sup Forums of all places?

You can stream anything for free anyway. I used netfilx for a couple of months but it's catalogue is garbage so I wouldn't bother paying for that garbage again.

Netflix doesn't make shows, they buy them

>I share a netflix account with about 8 people and I'm not the one who pays for it. Get some friends.
>No, one person pays for it. The rest of us just have his account info.
>The thing about netflix is you can check out things you would never bother to download. You can watch all types of garbage tv to fill the hole in your life without any commitment.

I haven't gotten around to watching any of their originals yet but I'm not fond of the idea
I think a half-season with a break in the middle or even like, a bundle of 5-7 episodes at a time would be better while still accomplishing a lot of what they want to do

Why does Sup Forums generally seem to hate UKS and yet seems to generally like 30 rock.

30 rock is better but the humor style is so similar, you can't tell me you like one and not the other without sounding like a total retard

well that's nice, but you also got a fundamentally different experience from most people
if ever you try to talk about it with people who watched it as it was airing you're likely to hit a sticking point where you don't understand each other's viewpoint

Any good movies on ameriburger netflix right now?

>series
>tv
>binge

I only watch movies outside of like 4 tv shows I've seen

30 Rock was great because it was an ensemble cast, more or less. UKS is like if Kenneth had his own show.

Who gives a fuck you stupid shit? You can watch it at any pace that suits you. Fucking 90's born retarded faggot cunts.

yes, that stuff
you laugh, you scoff, you call it virtue signaling, but most of them like this shit inwardly as much as they do outwardly
why? now that's a question worth finding out
my theory is pretty much just The Pendulum
you know, the way things tend to go one way with people and then go the other way

nexflix didnt make that show they just bought it, they really should stop slapping their brand label on every show they acquire

do you not understand that willpower is a finite thing, and you need a reason to use it? you have to decide to pace yourself and then never waver from that pace, and even if that isn't hard for you it'll probably reduce your enjoyment because you'll have more stress that usual in waiting for the next one

you don't need to have generals to have discussion
also fuck you
no one in generals ever complains about the people not in them, and they usually don't complain about the generals themselves

90's born faggots were a mistake. You're fucked in the head user.

Yeah I really love it when someone else decides when I watch things because of the legacy of an outdated format.

You and your faggot generals should stay on reddit user. You're fucking cancer.

I was born in 1988, fuckface.

literally how?
generals are self-contained
cancer spreads
generals can only get cancerous *within a general*

It's to entice people who don't have netflix to buy a months subscription for the latest hot topic. More often than not they'll decide to renew the subscription.

>Why the fuck do you watch tv if you don't want to discuss it?
what

There are fewer artificial climaxes at the end of episodes, or should be.

Why do you have the mentality of an add 16 year old? boo fucking hoo you don't have the will power to comfortably decide when you feel like watching a tv show. Please kill yourself you pathetic fuck

You need to go back faggot

>Who needs a thousand autist's predicting shows week by week and inevitably getting one of those predictions right.
Ok but hear me out, I'm pretty sure Snoke is the last Jedi AND the Jedi order dies forever in this movie and gets replaced by something else

thats the worst criticism I've ever heard of anything ever