Why does this Super Bowl feel so weird?

This was the largest comeback in Super Bowl history, and one of the most epic comebacks ever, and yet....It seems like most people don't remember this game so fondly. It seemed to leave a sour people's taste in a lot of people's mouths. Why? I never hear people fondly remember this game as one of the best games ever, or even a particularly great one. A lot of people just didn't like it. What made this different from other comebacks? Do people really just hate the Patriots so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

fivethirtyeight.com/features/who-hates-the-patriots-the-most/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>wall of text
>not a sport

What? Do a google search on the greatest super bowls and this one is pretty solidly regarded as top 5 at very minimum, and #1 ever by many accounts.

I sort of know what you mean about the general lack of continued buzz about the game, but that has a little to do with the fact that the Patriots were and are so hated in general.

Why do you spam every American thread?

Free (You)s, making you mad, creating a legend.

just ignore him breh. since he can’t be shot and he knows it, it’s the only outlet he has.

>be american
>get shot
lel

>It seems like most people don't remember this game so fondly. It seemed to leave a sour people's taste in a lot of people's mouths.
Because everyone hates the Patriots. It was an amazing comeback we just all wish it wasn't the Pats who made that comeback. It's like the Yankees or the Lakers making a comeback.

>since he can’t be shot
Brazil's murder rate and gun crime is through the roof. It's like if Chicago was a country of 200 million people.

everybody hyped it up as the chocolate faces from Atlanta beating on that pussi white boi Brady and Trump so the comeback felt like oppression. Not even memeing it was all over my stupid normie ass Facebook

>be American
>can’t shoot shit talking Brazilians
>get shot
feelsbadman

I think it was the best game in NFL history.

I don't think it's that rare a thought either, but if it is, time will serve this game well. 30 years from now, it'll sound almost mystical to young fans.

Also Patriot hate is strong

fivethirtyeight.com/features/who-hates-the-patriots-the-most/

This, the political memes at the half were insufferable

B-T-F-O

Can someone explain to me why everyone hates the Patriots so much? I think the lack of buzz about this game afterward was due to the fact that everyone desperately wanted the Patriots to lose. Why does it seem like most NFL fans absolutely LOVE to see them lose? Do the Patriots just win too much, and it's boring?

>do the Patriots win that much
Of course they have been dominant for two decades but as a fan I don't get the hate for that because two owl loses and all the playoff losses against broncos and ravens balance things out but I guess if you're say a steeler fan then it's pretty hard not to hate them.

>Can someone explain to me why everyone hates the Patriots so much?

1. 5 Super Bowl wins in 15 years
2. 7 AFC Championship wins in 15 years
3. "Cheating" scandals, that often weren't actually cheating but provided an easy narrative for people to latch on to
4. Brady looks like a 1980s high school movie villain and has a supermodel wife
5. Belichick is creepy
6. Boston fans are insufferable, part of the Pats hate has to do with Red Sox hate

I fucking hate them but I acknowledge that most of the hate comes from them being good. The Cowboys deserve the same level of hate but since they haven't won in so long we just laugh at them instead.

>creating a legend

What? I'm not even a pats fan and this was the best super bowl of my lifetime. The Edelman catch is something I'll always remember. The insane Julio Jones catch too. Going for two on those last two drives. In the FOURTH quarter. Five rings. God damn.

@78981738
>creating a legend
haha, epic jokes on the 4chin :)

The game seemed unreal. How could Atlanta not make a single play down the stretch after how they played earlier in the game? It was like they were throwing it. That and the usual Patriots hate, of course.

>One team chokes for an entire half
>The other team then chokes for an entire half

Yea, super entertaining game.

This. There isn't much fun about watching a team totally shit the bed. Collapses are not usually very entertaining.

Compare this game with the eagles/giants comeback game in 2010 (Miracle of the new meadowlands). It was really entertaining because it's not like the Giants totally shit the bed and choked, the Eagles just made really amazing plays

Both teams made good plays. Watch it again

Matt, shouldn't you be getting ready for your game?

Some folks in my family only watched that super bowl to see Brady get beat because they viewed the pats as trumps team

1. They win a lot
2. Their fans are scum
3. A lot of people hate them because they are white and their qb, coach, and owner are Trump supporters

XLIII was better

1. Patriot hate/saturation coverage of the Patriots for both football and non-football reasons.
2. Aren't the Falcons one of those meh teams? Don't like em, don't hate em, don't care. Replace the Falcons with the Giants in that game and you'd still be getting daily reminder threads to this day.

The game itself wasn't great. It was essentially: Pats suck for a half and then Falcons suck for a half

A great game usually has a lot of lead changes while this only had one lead change and that was in OT

>giving the BR free (You)'s

when are you faggots gonna learn?

Exactly. 49 was better overall.