>Remain in Light
6,5/10 -
>Kid A
6/10 -
>Merriweather Post Pavilion
>The Money Store
n/a
>American Football

Attached: Piero_Scaruffi.jpg (1200x1647, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_Author
scaruffi.com/ratings/10.html
aln2.albumlinernotes.com/The_Black_Saint.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

""""Sup Forums-core"""" is actually good

wow

It's true!

So apparently Acip Rap by Chance the Rapper is as good as Remain in Light

Pet Sounds is also a 7/10.

i don’t get his rating system. he’s clearly biased towards older music. i guess a 6 is REALLY fucking good on his scale.

>Radiohead pleb has to do mental gymnastics to defend his precious band
kek
KEK

>i guess a 6 is REALLY fucking good on his scale.
it means it's good.
>Albums are rated on this website as follows:
>10=best ever; 9=a masterpiece; 8=buy it now;
>7=buy it eventually; 6=buy it if you are a fan

older music is better

New music is just a shittier rip-off of old music.

>7/10
>6.5/10
>9/10
>6.5/10
>7/10
>8.5/10
>9/10
>7/10
>7/10
>5/10
>7/10
>9/10
Based Scruffs.

Attached: 1516470298084.png (2140x980, 600K)

Did he change MPP? I could’ve sworn it was like a 5 before

>Scaruffi Influence
TMR, Loveless, Spiderland
>P4K Influence
MBTDF, Lift Your Skinny, MPP
>Fantano Influence
The Money Sotre
>Other (too big to fail)
TVU, ITCOTCK, Sountracks, Aeroplane, Remain in Light, Kid A
>N/A
American Football

Scaruffi's a horrible reviewer but you have ousted yourself as a plebeian. His rating system makes sense, its not inflated

No, a 6 is a just good or decent. There's a few albums from the 2010s that he has rated with an 8, one of them with an 8.5.

>Scaruffi's a horrible reviewer
Surely you understand the irony of calling someone else a pleb when you say that, right?

No, he's biased towards the 1990s if anything.

ding ding completely correct

>Kind of Blue a 9/10
What? There isn't a single rating in his page about Davis, how do you know that it is a 9/10?

Loveless and Spiderland are equally p4k and fantano influenced

He has a separate section for overrated 90's musicians.

Attached: overrated.png (238x210, 7K)

It's in his top 10 jazz albums and A Love Supreme and Black Saint are two of his favorite albums of all time, just assuming that's what he'd give it.

Scruffy gave MBTDF a 7.5 though, very high for his scale

He doesn't know anything about theory and describes music almost identically to Fantano, only Scruff uses more intellectual words. He just spouts fluffy sounding nonsense without any real theory dissection. Not only that, he actually believes the critic is the real artist! He has that posted on his website! I mean who takes this guy seriously?

I think he’s just assuming that

Oh, alright.

He's also listened to more music than Fantano ever will.

How the fuck is MBDTF better than remain in light or kid a?? You literally can't defend this

Ok? He's still a shit reviewer

>Not only that, he actually believes the critic is the real artist! He has that posted on his website!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_the_Author

Public Enemy: It Takes A Nation Of Millions (Def Jam, 1988)
cLOUDDEAD: cLOUDDEAD (2001)
Erik B & Rakim: Paid In Full (1987)
Dalek: Negro Necro Nekros (1998)
Wu Tang Clan: Enter the Wu-Tang (1993)
Afrika Bambaata: Beware (Tommy Boy, 1986)
Cannibal Ox: The Cold Vein (2001)
De La Soul: 3 Feet High and Rising (1989)
Cypress Hill: Cypress Hill (1991)
Fugees: The Score (1996)

These are his top 10 hip-hop albums, pleb or patrician?

Attached: Scaruffi.jpg (770x1027, 141K)

He have >8 to Joanna Newsom and Julia Holter

>not a single rap album higher than 8
maybe he's onto something....

Why are albums he rated 7.5 lower than ones he rated 7?

Kid A is unironically the best one there and I'm a patrician

Which album(s)?

He does that in all his lists, I don’t get why

scaruffi.com/ratings/10.html

8.5/10
•Joanna Newsom: Have One On Me (2010)
8/10
•Impossible Nothing: Phonemenomicon (2016)
•Janelle Monae: The ArchAndroid (2010)
•Julia Holter: Tragedy (2011)
•Pyrrhon: The Mother of Virtues (2014)

8 for Ys and 8.5 for HOOM, and 8 for Tragedy
Also gave an 8 to the Janelle Monae album believe it or not

Happens in a lot of his lists, he's aware of his mistakes but he doesn't seem to care too much about it.

That's how it is with every "best of genre" list. An album higher rated on the list can have a lower score individually than one lower down the list for some reason. I guess it may be due to it being relative to only that genre or something and not in the grand scope of music or something.

Charles Mingus: The Black Saint And The Sinner Lady (Impulse!, 1963)
John Coltrane: A Love Supreme (Impulse!, 1964)
Albert Ayler: Spiritual Unity (ESP, 1964)
Sun Ra: Atlantis (Saturn, 1967)
Cecil Taylor: Unit Structures (Blue Note, 1966)
Ornette Coleman: The Shape of Jazz To Come (Atlantic, 1959)
Don Cherry: Mu (BYG Actuel/Get Back, 1969)
Carla Bley: Escalator Over The Hill (JCOA, 1971)
Anthony Braxton: Saxophone Improvisations (America, 1972)
Miles Davis: Kind Of Blue (Columbia, 1959)

Attached: lawpiero2015.jpg (700x525, 72K)

Scaruffi's highest rated albums of the 2010s

>8.5/10
Joanna Newsom: Have One On Me (2010)
>8/10
Impossible Nothing: Phonemenomicon (2016)
Janelle Monae: The ArchAndroid (2010)
Julia Holter: Tragedy (2011)
Pyrrhon: The Mother of Virtues (2014)

Thoughts?

Bro someone just posted this come on now

simple. he's a waifufag

Dance music of the 1990s largely rejected the simple, jovial, hedonistic approach to body movement that had ruled since James Brown invented funk music in the 1960s. Disco, techno and house had simply imported new technologies (both for rhythm and arrangements) into the paradigm of funk. The 1990s continued that process, but further removing the "joy" of dancing from the beats, and, in fact, replacing it with fits of acute neurosis. One of the most important ideas to come out of Britain was "jungle" or "drum'n'bass", a syncopated, polyrhythmic and frantic variant of house, a fusion of hip-hop and techno that relied on extremely fast drum-machines, epileptic breakbeats and huge bass lines.

Few genres of popular music underwent so many changes and reached such ambitious heights as jungle did. Within a few years, jungle musicians were already composing abstract and ambient pieces, integrating breakbeats with pop vocals, adopting jazz improvisation.

Attached: 81Q2GsUXT9L._SL1500_.jpg (1487x1500, 181K)

Attached: Nu7vZj9.png (690x1054, 245K)

Big brain nigga.

That Pyyrhon rating is spot fucking on. It makes Jane Doe feel like a ho.

what did he mean by this

Attached: 1522264971601.jpg (2048x1132, 569K)

he is merely a fan of big juicy booty.
perhaps he is patrician after all

Woke.

>they wuz fags
when will he write an article about black revisionists?

does anyone have that quote from him where he says something like "slander against the dead should be just as illegal as slander against the living"? (I can't remember his exact working)

I don’t know how music reviewes are taken seriously
Just shitflinging over “buh what an amateur” “no this is deep” “wow anybody could make this” “what a master of his craft”
Why even bother listening to music reviews by non musicians
What a waste

fuck that someone post the one about how hebephilia should be legal or some shit

"Why are there age limits? why is it illegal to marry a 12-year old? Helen of Troy was 12. Juliet and Cleopatra were still teenagers when they became famous. Most heroines of classic novels and poems were underage by today's laws. Thomas Edison married a 16-year-old. Medical studies show that the best age for a woman to have children is between 15 and 25 (lowest chances of miscarriage, of birth defects and, last but not least, of the woman dying while giving birth); while the worst age is after the mid 30s. And the younger you are, the more likely you are to cement a real friendship with your children; the older you are, the more likely that the "generational gap" will hurt your children's psychology. Therefore it is much more natural to have a child at 16 than at 40. In countless countries of the world women have their first child at a very young age, and stop having children at a relatively young age. Nonetheless, in the USA it is illegal to have sex before 18 (but, note, only if the partner is over 18, which is like saying that it is ok to rob a bank if you are a banker), while it is perfectly legal to get pregnant at 40 or (thanks to medical progress) even at 70."

classic and based

>why is it illegal to marry a 12-year old?

reminder thst it used to say "why can't I marry a 12-year old?"

wonder why he changed it.....

Attached: 1455987776502.jpg (700x522, 85K)

This but unironically.

>those hoverhands
>that bit lip
you just know he was hypin' for a pipin'

Guide to Scaruffi:
>8-9.5
It's really fucking good
>6-8:
It's either just ok or really good but Scaruffi is biased towards non-popular and older music so he just shits on it
>0-5
just ignore it. Not the album, his opinions. No one cares. The album is probably bad anyway

>TMR
>Really fucking good
Go away, Scaruffi.

It is also contradictory that only homosexuality is brought up. Incest was commonly practiced in all ancient societies, and even in quite developed ones like Egypt. Polygamy (or, better, the extended family) is indeed "natural" for primates, and was practiced in all societies until the West decided it was bad and the Christian colonial powers slowly eradicated it from the rest of the world (well, almost, because it is still practiced in many places). Sex with underage girls was practiced everywhere until very recently, and it is biologically "natural". In fact, many of the most famous women until relatively recent times got married at very young ages (Helen of Troy was probably 12, Juliet of Romeo's fame was 14). And countless very important men of the past married wives who were much younger than them. Gay lobbies limit their historical "evidence" to famous gay people, but it would be more honest to add that many other sexual practices that are banned today, from sex with a minor to polygamy to incest, used to be more widespread and more widely accepted all over the world than homosexuality: if gay marriage should be legalized, then why not polygamy, incest and sex with underage girls?

Scaruffi obviously condones support ricemixing

Attached: bf4c9fd708c24321a67f1e34ea243edc.jpg (770x584, 76K)

He changed Soundtracks to an 8

o wait nevermind im retarded

Was American Football shilled or something? I never see any Sup Forumstant actually talk about it

THE

is this literally your first time here

FACT

Attached: 8DIYvd4.jpg (1988x1988, 638K)

Pretty patrician tb.h

I've been here for about a year now

He's just pissed that the fags are calling the ancient romans (his ancestors) homosexual degenerates. As he clearly says, they have to give the full context of man-to-man relations in ancient rome/greece: It was mostly pederasty and grooming, not so much a strict lust for hairy med cock

based

Attached: hanc047.jpg (700x712, 154K)

How tall is he?

Newfag

Based

THIS IS RUNNING ON EMPTY

Attached: 144587113219465400_a580x330.jpg (580x330, 79K)

5'7" tops

Attached: 196.jpg (700x525, 99K)

Attached: scaruffi browsing mu.jpg (700x525, 107K)

>why even bother listening to music reviews by non musicians
>He doesn't know anything about theory

You all need to read the liner notes from Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
aln2.albumlinernotes.com/The_Black_Saint.html

>Piero Scaruffi graduated in Mathematics, did research in Theoretical Physics, worked on the Internet before it was called Internet, and managed an Artificial Intelligence Center before deciding that he was better at thinking than at doing. He now calls himself a cultural historian. He has lectured in three continents on Cognitive Science, History of Knowledge, and Innovation. He has written books on a variety of topics: rock and jazz music, consciousness, artificial intelligence, history of science, besides original poetry. Two of his books (“A History of Silicon Valley” and “Intelligence is not Artificial”) have been translated into Chinese. He has lectured extensively in China since 2015. He founded several interdisciplinary happenings in the Bay Area, including the Leonardo Art Science Evenings (LASERs) and the Life Art Science Tech (LAST) festival. His latest book, written directly in Chinese with Jinxia Niu, is titled “Humankind 2.0 – The Technologies of the Future”. An avid traveler, Piero had visited more than 160 countries of the world as of 2016.

is there anything this man can't do

this image is so strange

Is he buddies with Jaron Lanier?

>Psychologists interpret behavior and/or ideas communicated by words and behavior - why not apply this skill to music? It's certainly a refreshing approach that Mr. Mingus suggests.
Scaruffi does NOTHING like this
It also shows me why he doesn’t review jazz like he does rock, it would show him as the hack he is

smart losers

Reminder that if you only check out Sup Forums meme critics for their numbers, you're being the pseud. Either read the reviews or just stop.

did you even read past the first paragraph?

anyone reckons he knows Sup Forums? or at least heard about us once?

Attached: 1503655790594.jpg (300x400, 28K)

I think I remember him talking about how we stalk and harass him

Remain in Light isn’t the best Talking Heads album, so he has to rate it accordingly with the other scores in mind. Kid A is simply not that great of an album, and you realize it after you’ve listened to a wider range of music.

I emailed him with the same question he simply said that the lists hadn’t been updated for a while.

ok.. well what makes mbdtf better then, huh? (both those albums SHIT on it btw)

Have you read his review? MBDTF is a hip-hop/pop masterpiece, that isn't hard to understand unless you listen to the project with a bias.

its fucking garbo, dude.

>MBDTF a masterpiece
Lol.

Spicy opinions you fellas got there. Fuck any real sort of discussion I guess.

He's too fucking lazy to update his own list? I'll do it for him, it'll take 5 mins per list tops. What a fucking hack

>I emailed him
Based, did you send it in English or Italian?