So, I just got through watching this, and Jesus Christ, there aren't even horror movies that terrified me this much...

So, I just got through watching this, and Jesus Christ, there aren't even horror movies that terrified me this much, I'm legit shaking at the moment.

Any other movies of this level of emotion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hmPUAk4G3xQ
youtu.be/cB0xxj-IeIQ
addedmovie.com/watch/0v8jo4Gw-manchester-by-the-sea.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Which emotion, rage? Or just any affecting film?

>that scene at the end where Mads winks at the camera

A bit too on the nose on the nose for my taste.

A true 10/10 kino horror film
> it can happen to any of us
If your a male

Amazing movie. I too was literally shaking.

You could watch other Danish kinos with Mads
youtu.be/hmPUAk4G3xQ

Rage, sympathy, emptyness.

I only felt angry at the others who immediately believed Klara, she was only a child, but the scene at the end where she hugged Lucas again got me pretty good.

I intend to, I've seen some of Hannibal, and after this I really need to follow Mads' work.

the teacher and the guy she brought in to talk with Klara had me rolling on my seat, i was so angry

True Mads kino incoming
youtu.be/cB0xxj-IeIQ

Yeah, the psychologist jumped to a conclusion way too quickly, but it's reasonable to assume that, it's hard to face the idea of a child lying about something like that.

>Rage, sympathy, emptyness.

Dancer in the Dark perhaps, if you haven't seen it. While I like Trier, that particular film didn't do much for me, but people generally do and those emotions feel compatible with it.

This and Whiplash made me more tense than the best action thrillers

I'll pen it for later, I've heard mixed things about Von Trier though.

what the fuck did I just watch?

The psychologist just pushed his conclusions into Klara, who just tried to answer what she tough he wanted to hear.

Dancer in the Dark and Breaking the Waves are the two Trier films that people generally still like even if they dislike Trier overall. The latter's the most emotionally film I've ever seen, but doesn't quite align with feeling emptiness.

Just had a quick look at Breaking the Waves, doesn't quite sound like my type of movie, I'll certainly look up Dancer in the Dark at some point, thanks.

The Danish language was a mistake.

manchester for the sea, except the only emotion is emptiness and it's ramped up to like 9.7/10

That's the new one isn't it? With Casey Affleck?

yup, just finished it

This is a good movie but very unrealistic. If you know Danish people they are the last type of people to behave like in this movie. This is the type of shit you see in third world countries.

Just had a look, and it's not on for long at my local cinema, on way too early as well.

I'll have to catch it on DVD.

addedmovie.com/watch/0v8jo4Gw-manchester-by-the-sea.html

The moment Klara nodded I knew that was the credits wrap for Lucas.

Did the teacher handle it properly? It feels like she made it worse than it needed to be.

As I said earlier, it's hard to imagine a child would know about that sort of shit, even hard to imagine them lie about it.

The teacher thought of the situation too simply, she probably didn't know much about Klara's life at home, and given what the psychologist said, it was impossible to see Lucas in the same light again.

The movie is about how quickly a lie can become truth.

What got to me is how quickly people turned on him and how completely oblivious Klara was about the seriousness of the situation. Then I have to ask myself what I would have done if I knew Lucas.

So basically this film unironically sent my noggin for a joggin.

>aww handsome guy has a problem: the movie

m8

But that's the sad reality, a simple accusation can spark a fire and before you know it your life is in shambles.

I like to take a neutral stance and allow evidence to present itself before I take a side, but it can be easy to be swept up in the mania surrounding such an uncomfortable matter.

it's been awhile since i've seen it, he murdered the little girl in the end, right?

>So, I just got through watching this, and Jesus Christ, there aren't even horror movies that terrified me this much, I'm legit shaking at the moment.
>literally shaking
The movie isn't even that shocking. Why are you such a pussy? It had such a forced atmosphere and complete lack of charm. Everyone just shits on the main character for 2 hours. It's like I was really watching Curb Your Enthusiasm or Louie.

Charm? You are aware the movie is about false sexual abuse allegations?

Yeah but the setting they film it in was beautiful. It didn't move me in the slightest. Clinical and sterile photography.