Why is it okay for Ireland to appropriate American culture (Saoirse Ronan, Eamon de Valera...

Why is it okay for Ireland to appropriate American culture (Saoirse Ronan, Eamon de Valera, My Bloody Valentine and Loveless, IRA weapons, Charles Parnell) but not okay for Americans to appropriate Irish culture?

As a proud Irishman AND a proud American, I find my Irish countrymen's attitude toward me to be offensive and hypocritical, quite frankly

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rV7x6PjHymU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>appropriating our culture
no one cares about that kind of shit here. "Cultural appropriation" is is a very American problem to make up. All we do is laugh at you for wearing head-to-toe green, dyeing your rivers green on paddy's day and getting very sheepish midway through asking a barman for a carbomb

>American culture

>he says in American English on an American website which uses the American internet to discuss American media, American politics, and American technology

>Argensimians
L M A O
M
A
O

because when they do it gets memed, e.g. Halloween

>Argentine culture
404 not found

that's not culture
CHI
even we have more culture than you

Kek. Aren't the irish supposed to shit on anyone? Stop being such a fag and take the banter. You seem more (faggy) american than irish.
This site is a copy of another japanese site and started as a place for anime discussion. Expect the american to take foreign things as theirs, i suppose

>American English

>language, art, politics, and technology are not culture
You clearly are still struggling with American English and should not be posting on this American website until you learn proper definitions of American English words

I dont see people worldwide listening to Argentinan music, watching aegentine movies and tv shows and dressing in argentine fashions.
I dont see argentina inspiring social movements worldwide

SHut the fuck up

I AM IRISH

I AM THE PRODUCT OF IRISH GENES AND IRISH HISTORY AND THE IRISH ISLAND

YOUR FAGGY SARCASM CAN NOT CHANGE MY GENES, BROTHER

>local man snaps under pressure

If you are not raised in Ireland or have two parents that are raised in Ireland you are not Irish.

Simple as that, Ireland and the US are quite different in many ways and are two different countries. You are born and raised in the US, you are an American.

A very important factor in Irish life is the notion of having thick skin. What you mistake for an offensive discouraging attitude is actually a playful jab at your ego, to make sure you aren't a self-absorbed shallow cunt. When you set yourself up or do something worth mocking its important that we mock, so that you become brave and strong enough to not be a whiney little safespace faggot. A lot of Americans that come here mention us as being ruthless and miserable cunts, but when they leave they learn to appreciate the honesty of soul and the trueness in our friendship
youtube.com/watch?v=rV7x6PjHymU

>IRA Weapons
top fucking kek

>Eamon de Valera
He was born to Irish and Spanish parents in the US and moved to Ireland when he was two. That'd be like saying Ted Cruz as president would be "appropriating Canadian culture"

>IRA weapons
>Using Armalites is appropriating American culture
>Using Kalashnikovs is appropriating Russian culture
>Using H&Ks is appropriating German culture

This is a bad thread and I feel bad for posting in it.

Nah that's just the kind of dumb memeing that says K'wanza Badawa is Irish but Seán O'Connor is not. Irish is an ethnicity first and foremost, and there are strong ethnic ties between Ireland and its American diaspora hence why everybody's grandparents had a picture of JFK.

I learned british english at school,I just got contaminated by shitposting with burgers
>should not be posting on this American website
you can't tell me what to do, public website
of course not, you barely know where is your country located geographically, imagine knowing about other countries
and about OP's topic
>muh heritage

lmao look at the inferior irrelevant argie having a spastic fit. hahahaha!

>I don't have an argument, the post

oh you're still trying to have an argument. I thought we all already understood you got BTFO by hence why you completely ignored his point

>hence why you completely ignored his point
what did I ignored? he said bullshit
all your SJW movements are cancer, mainstream yank music is cancer, we got a movie winning the oscar recently and many of our movies and soap operas are popular abroad but of course your inflated hollywood jewish shit is more global than ours, and you egocentric shits don't bother listening or watching anything that doesn't is in english

Fuckin neck yourself mick

Reminder that you're all appropriating English culture

>SJW movements are cancer, MAINSTREAM yank music is cancer, we got a movie winning the oscar recently and many of our movies and soap operas are popular abroad but of course your inflated hollywood jewish shit is MORE GLOBAL than ours, and you egocentric shits DON'T BOTHER LISTENING OR WATCHING ANYTHING THAT ISN'T IN ENGLISH

i guess you can say our culture is more influential than yours.

people is very receptive to decadence nowadays, so yes

t. Language is 40% french

>As a proud Irishman AND a proud American
t. Jamal de Marcus O'Connor
No one cares about your 3/64 Irish-Amerimutt ancestry