"The original line was, 'You don't know the truth, Obi Wan killed your father...

>"The original line was, 'You don't know the truth, Obi Wan killed your father. And [Irvin Kershner] said we're going to take out that line and put, "I am your father" [in post-production]. I didn't tell Harrison, or my wife because It would be terrible if she said something to a fan and it got out. When we saw the first screening Harrison turned to me and said "You never told me that".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_5Iv_sazoGg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=_5Iv_sazoGg

Around 17:00

user I think you're lying

Do you think Lucas recognizes he's a fraud and his entire fortune, career and success is based essentially on having competent people around him to fix the hot fucking mess his autistic mind conjured? Or is he just deep af in denial and actually think he's the genius mind behind the OT?

I take it back I didn't see the video I'm sorry op I'll suck yo dicc

Some people just get really lucky user

Today I will remind them

I would rather be lucky than good

>"You never told me that".
read that in his voice

His impression of Harrison Ford is pretty good.

George Lucas created Star Wars. If you like Star Wars and hate George Lucas you are a misguided, entitled shit. He gave you what he wanted to give you and you expected more. Well fuck you. Star Wars is brilliant and it came from George Lucas.

Star Wars: The Last Butt

Its like any tabletop game.

The GM can make the most vibrant and amazing story, filled with detailed and vibrant narration, but if the players are shit then its wasted and becomes forgettable.

A lot of fantasy creators like that. The genre is filled with hacks like JK Rowling, GRRM, and Lucas who come up with these amazing, grand story universes which could be really exceptional.

But then they write the nitty gritty detailed plots and it all falls apart.

Writers like Tolkien, Pratchett, Gaiman, etc are few and far between in the genre.

How would Brendan look like with a manly beard, a nice tailored suit, a haircut, getting fit again, etc. Can he be unjusted?

>Star Wars is brilliant
It's okay
Just okay
That's all
"Ok"

>2012
>looks happy
>2015
>looks like fucking Slavoj Zizek
What happened? What went wrong?

lol at calling Rowling and GRRM hacks. They write fiction for general audiences but they are still competent writers.

You don't know bad writing if you think they're bad.

You should watch The Muppet Show episode with him on it. He's fantastic at impersonation, it's partly why he went into voice acting. It's too bad the Joker voice fucked him up permanently.

COMMON KNOWLEDGE

Got dragged back into Star Wars
But he might get out of it soon

That's a lie, because the guy that played Vader (inside the suit, that is) was telling everybody about that "twist" years before Empire Strikes Back. I don't have the photo of the interview now, but the date it's so close to the original Star Wars that they refer to the sequel as Star Wars 2.

Do you honestly think there would be a Star Wars without George Lucas? And are we ignoring American Graffiti, Indiana Jones and Industrial Light and Magic (the guys that laid the groundwork for Pixar?). Do I even need to mention he's giving up most of the money he's made for charity?

George Lucas is objectively a better human being than you by a wide margin and any argument otherwise is basically "MUH STAR WARS".

for a guy who was a total dick in his 30s through his 50s, bill has turned fucking remarkable in his whatever the fuck age he is now

If Disney is bunch of jews sucking souls, then how do you explain pic related?

>but they are still competent writers
Rowling had ghostwriters and GRRM has been trash since he wrote Wild Cards in the 90s.

Jews are also plastic surgeons

I hope Hamill gets another round of JUSTing before he goes

>I killed your father. I was a good friend.

Ive seen the interview you're talking about. It was released a few months after Star Wars came out, the sequels are referred to as Star Wars 2 and 3 and he even references further sequels, as well as the Darth Vader is Luke's father reveal, and one or two other things iirc, that ended up being bogus i think

>Indiana Jones
Steven Spielberg
>ILM
Do you honestly think that Lucas has contributed anything to ILM other than money?

I think Brendan is too far gone, he's broken from the inside.

Except the fact that none of those collaborators created anything remarkable without Lucas with them.

I bet you even think TFA is a good movie.

PURE IDEOLOGY

Brendan's psyche is gone.

Star Wars stole Pulp Sci-fi.

Well yeah, it was a Flash Rodgers and Buck Gordon copy. The irony is that both Flash Gordon and Buck Rodgers got remade because of Star Wars.

A bafflingly large amount of rich and famous "innovators" have stolen concepts from others and had competent people perfect them for them. It's nothing new.

>Do you think Lucas recognizes he's a fraud

Yes and no.

He is very well aware that the original Star Wars was a moved saved in editing by his ex-wife who cucked him, and a pair of much more talented editors that took his personal edit and threw it in the garbage before salvaging a movie from the mess. Lucas -hates- Star Wars (1977) because the final product that a whole generation fell in love with was nothing like what he wanted to make.

So in that respect he knows that a lot of his success is due to other people. However he openly admits that his favorite films to write were Episode II and III which is wrote very quickly and had a lot of fun with. They are also unarguably the worst written films in the franchise including Episodes I and VII, and RO. He really doesn't care about what the majority of people think and is just a old kook that did his own thing because he's a multi-billionaire and he could shit on a plate and sell it for $10m.

But he's also a multi-faceted guy. He was the one that personally went out and got Kershner to direct Episode V because he knew that Kershner would do exactly what he did, make a really damn good movie. He also plans to donate most of his money, he regularly pisses off his rich yuppie neighbors, he sold LucasFilm to Disney with the understanding that Disney wouldn't lay off everyone because he cared about the people that worked for him, he is notably generous with gifts and gave away a lot of his movie profits to his employees, and he's arguably one of the most genuine people you'll ever meet. He is what he is.

But he's also a mediocre to bad director, a terrible fucking writer, has some kind of mental tick that drove him to keep fucking with his original movies which angered fans constantly, and he honest to god can't understand why people don't like Jar Jar Binks.

Pic related is a fantastic read btw.