Explain

Why are there so many good musicians that are male as opposed to female?

Attached: 1517768606868.png (347x306, 223K)

Who cares.

I do

Attached: 95e.jpg (288x266, 10K)

Ellie Goulding
Imogen Heap
Liz Phair
Kate Bush
PJ Harvey
Joanna Newsom
Jewel
K.D. Lang
Aretha Franklin
Diana Ross
Ella Fitzgerald
Christina Aguilera
Emily Haines
Hayley Williams
Kim Gordon
Kim Deal
Shirley Manson
Tori Amos
Lisa Loeb
Sinead O'Connor
Beverly Bremers
Dido
Fiona Apple (the other Fiona Apple)
Cat Power
Madonna
Annie Lennox
Grace Jones
Janis Joplin
Judy Collins
Stina Nordenstam
Bilinda Butcher
Hope Sandoval
Siouxsie Sioux
Florence Welch
Joss Stone
Susanne Vega
Adriana Calcanhotto
Celine Dion
Mariah Carey
Whitney Houston
Sophia Kennedy
Courtney Barnett
Lisa Alma
Jorane
Kimbra
Janelle Monae
Casey Dienel
Sheryl Crow
Khia
Alicia Keys
Lauryn Hill
Erykah Badu
Sade
Adina Howard
Edie Brickell
Alison Krauss
Norah Jones
Natalie Imbruglia
LeAnn Rimes
Donna Lewis
Jane Siberry
Alanis Morissette
Stevie Nicks

most of these suck

Which Genre exactly are you referring to???

Because oppression has kept women from believing that they are capable of making good music. This is changing now. In contemporary music, there are as many good female artists as male artists. In the future the good female artists will probably outnumber the male artists, as females are naturally better at art.

>females are naturally better at art

Attached: 1521550908538.jpg (413x395, 19K)

The Raincoats were mostly female and they were probably one the best post-punk bands ever

>as females are naturally better at art.
no

There are way more male musicians in general so there are way more good male ones. Also, women don't have the same cultural forces pushing them towards "achievement" as a way of attracting a mate so they have less reason to pursue something like music where success is a difficult and long road and the big pay off in terms of money is unlikely, and the smaller pay off - increased attractiveness to women - is irrelevant to them. Also, user had a good answer in the last thread. user theorized that because the female voice is a sought after musical tool, one that only female musicians possess, and one that can easily make the female musicians entire career, even if a female musician has a unique perspective, and varied tallents, and strong ambition to do great things initially, the temptation will always be there to just sing some girly pop songs and put their voice at the center of everything because it will immediately increase their chances of success and put them in a market that's not in competition with male musicians.

Sorry, but it's a fact that there is a superior but lesser-known female version of every male musician.

whatever helps you sleep at night, lady

Haha, I'll bite. Provide the superior female versions of the following musicians. Skip none, because your claim is that there is a superior female version of EVERY male musician:
Bach
Frank Zappa
Alan Holdsworth
Mozart
John Adams
Richard D. James
Rob Brown and Sean Booth
Qebrus

Kek. No reply to this: Not surprising.

Where the f****ck is Claire Boucher (a.k.a. Grimes)?

Busy getting into sick high quality artistic music, my dude.

Attached: grimes pleb.png (1126x253, 128K)

This list could be ten times longer and still pale in comparison to the size of the list of comparable male artists.

People take females less seriously, and only see women as sex objects. Therefore, people are less likely to care about a woman's music even if she is a musical genius. So not as much music by women actually ends up getting heard.
And if a female musician isnt conventionally attractive she's probably totaly fucked. Name five female musicians who are bona fide uggos.
But there have been many, many popular unattractive male musicians.

Unironically:

Me
me
me
Me
me
Me
me and Me
Me

it is impossible to respond such a question, involving literally billions of people, without getting and unclear and most likely wrong response

but hey, it's because they have a pussy

alot of them are "musicians" non instrument playing, non writing "singers" or front woman

this girl

I love you EB

What an awful list. Not a single one of them would I listen to over a male artist

Hildegard von Bingen is better than your favorite male artist