He killed millions

He killed millions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Skl71urqKu0
youtube.com/watch?v=op2hRvUgcms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That doesn't look like Trump

I'm an hour into this snooze fest right now and pretty dissapointed. I like the other Ghibli films but this one has a boring ass story, am I supposed to care about whether he designs a good airplane or not? The main character has no depth at all, no other characters to speak of. On top of this the animation is shit and it seems like they have used fewer fps than the other animes because it's choppy as hell.

This is the movie Miyazaki has been wanting to make his entire life and he made it for himself; not for the merchandise, not for the lowest common denominator audience, and certainly not for you. His father was an engineer who built planes during the war and he would watch the assembly of these mechanical behemoths and then watch these giant hunks of metal do the impossible and take flight. Planes were the reason Miyazaki started drawing in the first place. These planes were the inspiration behind all of the flight scenes in all of his other movies that you love. Frankly, whether or not you enjoy this movie is irrelevant.

Dude there's no way the IJAAF and killed millions of people ur dumb.

I'm glad this thread is making a comeback.

No, whatever personal enjoyment Miyazaki has gotten from making this movie is irrelevant to the value of everyone else watching.

Do firearms kill millions?

>No! It has to cater to me and my oversaturated tastes or else it isn't any good!

Typical millennial sense of entitlement.

I didn't say that you imbecile. I am saying that when discussing the value of a movie to the general public, whatever satisfaction Miyazaki gained from making a movie that is relevant to his fathers work is irrelevant. Are you actually too stupid to understand this simple concept?

You're a dull boy, Billy

>designs a plane
>never fully achieved his dream design
>current design gets turned into a fighter plane
Was there something they glanced over or did I miss something?

short version
youtube.com/watch?v=Skl71urqKu0

That's about it, surely deserved to be a 2 hour movie, for sure. Thanks Miyahacki.

The message was you can work your whole life to achieve a masterful ingenious vision and it can still be co-opted by the public will. Do you think Miyazaki likes knowing that characters he poured his heart and soul into and considers his children are seen by others as nothing more than sex puppets to be redrawn into countless sex scenes?

terveisin

>Miya-san
>Enjoying
I dont think so

I didn't think Chihiro was hot until Bubukka drew her and now I've fapped to her more than any Miyazaki heroine combined!

It's a "fuck you; you ruin everything" to weebs

Complete twaddle. Noone will watch this movie twice.

>Sup Forums still this mad at Miyazaki

People like you should be gassed

I have a friend who is really into miyazaki and she said this didn't feel like a miyazaki movie at all so I said pretty much what you did. She just gave me this blank look. mansplaining

How will they ever recover?

its boring oscar bait.

Miyazak is highly overrated

>plebs the thread the movie

Disgusting

You're saying this as if the movie doesn't foreshadow this, or otherwise tries to brush aside the wartime casualties. You colossal faggot. Not every movie is le epic blue pilled.

This movie really says more about Miyazaki than anything else.

When given the chance to make a more "adult" movie with a loose basis in history, what does he do? First, he makes it about an autist. Then he hires Anno to voice the main character, so that absolutely nothing in the film will have any emotional impact. Then he throws in a cheesy sub-plot about a dying wife to spice up the history a bit.

Ghibli have made a decent movie for adults before, it was Only Yesterday back in the 90s. But that was Takahata, not the manchild desperately trying to pretend he isn't a manchild, Miyazaki.

the ending was pure kino, only retards disagree

This movie was missing a 3rd act

Takahata is GOAT

see also: Grave of the Fireflies

At least we'll never be subjected to Miyazaki's son directing a movie after the travesty that was Tales from Earthsea.

>Tales from Earthsea
that movies was almost as bad as Howl's Moving Castle

Kys weeb

Or perhaps Miyazaki is attempting to recreate that same sense of wonder that inspired him for all to enjoy?

No, that couldn't be. You must know more about entertainment than this celebrated visionary.

If that was his intention then he failed miserably.

gook should have been executed.
That's for Pearl Harbor

By any metric the film was a success. Unless of course you would like to post an alternative source?

This was unwatchable

OP is a retard. You could say same thing about Henry Ford.
Great /kino desu. Probably one of the greatest movie by Miyazaki

You say Ghibli not Jibli

it should be unless youre under the age of 7
>b-but muh nipponese colonel sanders

>This video contains content from Fremantle International, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
How do I get around this

I feel like that Ghibli always does one cool fantastical movie followed by a very boring character driven slice of life which doesn´t have any real obstacle nor plot

This was delightful, which I cannot say for most of the Ghibli stuff. For example, When Marnie Was There...also fuck everyone who said Nausicaä was good. It was absolute garbage, nowhere near the level of Totoro.

Top tier Ghibli was Laputa, though.

>Nausicaä
>garbage
>liked Ponyo
opinion trashed

>Nausicaä
>not the most boring piece of shit
I bet you liked Earthsea you tremendous faggot

just stopping by to say that Nausicaa was worst Miyazaki movie by far...

youtube.com/watch?v=op2hRvUgcms

It was decent until the last half.

also the mom is pretty hot

The fucks boring about it?

dont talk to the pleb

*inhales deeply*
AAAAAAANNND MILLIONS!.......

>IJAAF

No such thing, warplanes were operated by the Army and Navy.

>dumb millenal americans can't understand the meaning of persuing your dreams no matter what

enjoy telemarketing and office job to the rest of your miserable lives

>I'll get you, and it will look like bloody accident

>At least we'll never be subjected to Miyazaki's son directing a movie after the travesty that was Tales from Earthsea.
He's already directed another film you utter casual

>Grave of the Fireflies
But that was also shit

go back to capeshit, sonny

>That repainted corsair

What did Miyazaki mean by this?

t. jew

Its a A5M/Ka-14

t. amerishart

I pity you, I really do. Maybe if you seek help you can actually enjoy something though, but I don't know. You could always kill yourself, subhuman ADHD fuck

Kino's Delivery Service was Ghibli's best.

I've read the same thing several times and still can't decide if it's sincere or just some bad joke. If it's supposed to be serious, then how come he's so shit at drawing planes? The ones that copy real designs look like cheap toys, and his own "artistic" models are basically flying vomit. Does he secretly hate planes because his father molested him or what?

>watching Nausicaa

You should have red the manga