Why do people who don't understand film still offer up their useless opinions on it?

Why do people who don't understand film still offer up their useless opinions on it?

>Why do people who don't understand film still offer up their useless opinions on it?
My friend that is the entire reason Sup Forums exists

But like... look at this. Could you not understand it any harder?

> top critic

I feel like this is a good opinion but said in the most reductive and retarded way possible.

Is all gore "horror material" now?

Impressive. Is as if someone asked my aunt to write a review. Also, I fail to understand where the "mansplaining" is. At least, my aunt would dismiss the word "mansplaining" as bullshit.

Here's one from your Uncle, too

I agree with this though. I'm sure her full review is about feminism or something but this snippet is pretty accurate.

>itt

>I fail to understand where the "mansplaining" is.
Director portrayed models as evil.

How is saying that it's unfunny a criticism? It's not meant to be funny. It's meant to be shocking, but only to complete the metaphor. It's not hard to understand and it's so tight that i don't understand why anyone would be actually angry about it.

He just does simple concepts and brings them to life vividly. It's really not that deep...

>mansplaining

Maybe she could womansplain it better

I don't try to be sexist, but women shouldn't write reviews.

>Why do people who don't understand film still offer up their useless opinions on it?

The point of a critic is to offer an opinion on films. This includes "the idiots opinion". And if the majority of their readers are equally as illiterate when it comes to understanding movies. The critic is doing their job well.

I mean seriously, what the fuck did he mean by this. Can he seriously not analyse a film past it's plot and acting?

I don't know. Why do people review books they never finished?

because writer in uk knows so mush about fashion world of los angeles? whole point of "mensplaning" is a man explain to a woman something she already knows and doing it in a condescending fashion, yet who would that apply to a movie that has male audience and whos "speaking" is not directed at any specific individual

This shit made me laugh like fuck

TND, Tomorrow Never Dies? visually cool things can't be funny? is she saying it takes itself too seriously?

>mansplaining
word that needs to die. along with fuckboi,bae,on flick and rest of this nu-language

point of a layman critic is to offer up opinion. profanation critic who gets paid should be preforming analysis of everything from symbology,film history to genre trends,affordability/worth.

>devoid of human interest
What does this mean? people went to see it so obviously their is human interest, does he mean that since the movie is about bitches there is no human paragon of virtue to back?

read a book or two

The Neon Demon.

explain it to me

>no mention of cuck, Jew, parentheses, shill

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post.

Couldn't a feminist interpretation be that the thing that causes the women to act like this is the male gaze? Therefore the movie is showing the damaging effects of the patriarchy on young people. But no, why bother thinking about anything that hard I guess.

>mansplaining
>top critic

all of that is mostly contained one or 2 sites while the other shit is everywhere in the outside world. also must I list every word, can they fall under the rest?

That's literally hammered into the plot of the film. There's like 3 occasions where the models are hanging on the words of a photographer like their gospel and clearly claw at one another in order to gain their approval. It's like the OP reviewer wasn't even watching the same fucking movie

a lot of modern offensive things are only offensive from a certain point of view/with a specific interpretation. when there are other interpretations the writer will go for the offensive one because it lest them write a post/article and get views/cash

Yeah i have to agree, just considering that one scene where the two guys are talking about whether natural or unnatural beauty looks better. That's pretty much the motivation right there for that American girl to want to kill her. God these reviewers are fucking stupid.

>He gets the movie
>For him the point of the movie is its problem

I have to talk with my uncle Peter

I think she just wanted the opportunity to use "mansplaining".

yep, but if the movie is not ADVERTISED as having such aspect, is overlooked.
Anyone could be a critic nowadays.

Who?

Not a single word on how we're supposed to believe Elle Fanning could ever be a model ?

>rightist
0 effort eh

Molly Bair is a model. Sure that raises more questions but Elle's fine..

ayy lmao

Shaking in my boots

are you implying alt-right is not closer to conservatives than liberals?
>implying milo is not based

>implying milo is not based

yeah, praise kek xddd

have a kek

What is there not to like about him?

hitler is at the gate

>can't try to see what the director has created through their eyes
>instead tries to jam it in their own worldview

modern """"""critics""""""

>mansplaining

Did she just cuntsplain to me what the director was doing with his movie?

user your problem is that you care. Stop giving a shit

user does not care, he reposts for (you)s

Is this supposed to be intimidating? You sissies are all talk, I went to a few rallies armed, and not one of you masked homos approached me. Come on, give me an excuse to put a bullet in your brain

>mansplaining
>top critic

Lately I've been disagreeing with RT ratings quite a lot but this is it, I'm done with RT.

>mansplaining fashion
Oh honey, most of the clothing in your closet was designed by men.

>antifa
>on Sup Forums

Do you know where you are?

Jew is a new slang word?
Shill wasn't used by Sup Forums for nearly a decade?

>white pride is something to be surpressed
What do (((they))) mean by this?

what language does she speak? "mansplaining" is some feminist made up word for "complaining"?

No. It's when a man gets so exasperated with how dimwitted a woman is that he explains matters to her in the simplest terms possible. And sometimes they catch on to that and are pissed about it.

what education or lack of it these autists had?

can't recognize they're more fascists than any healthily racists normal person?

if you can't explain it simple, you don't understand it either

How do i do that. I wanted to see what the discourse was regarding this film and it's all just bullshit. Makes me see how some people have given up on film as an artform.

>all talk

They genuinely can't realise how fascist they are. Advocating violence against people with a differing viewpoint, wanting everyone on your side freed, because 'they were doing the right thing'. Sounds like the early days of the Nazis to me.

How did my thread become a haven for Nazis?

That's what grinds my gears about some of these feminist reviews.

Some SJWs keep criticizing Game of Thrones because violence against womyn and misogyny, but isn't the actual point of the show/books that the patriarchal world they live in is not good? You're not supposed to think violence/rape/prejudice against women is something good in the series. These retards can't see the difference between condoning something and being critical of something.

could we recover it saying that 90% of critics should be gassed?

>Some SJWs keep criticizing Game of Thrones because violence against womyn and misogyny
Are you fucking kidding me. I bet some of them had a problem with the fact that the women in Fury Road were wearing sexually appealing clothing.

Yeah i'll buy it

Milo sucks. he's a walking contradiction.

You can't even write properly so I don't know why you're acting all high and mighty

All talk except when they outnumber you 20 to 1 or they're sneaking up behind you and running away as fast as possible.
Liberalism is the religion of pussies.

don't change subject,
also, it's not my first language

>also, it's not my first language
Not an argument

>The whole second part of this thread is all off-topic shit

can you electionfags fuck off back to whatever hole you crawled out of

Yeah man it's so fucking annoying

OP here, maybe start posting more examples of terrible film 'journalism' and they'll go away

Critic is the most overrated job. They sit around and mock others work. It would at least make sense for someone who has worked in the medium to be a critic but not for some random nobody.

How do we regulate them.

I guarantee that some hobbyists on Sup Forums know more about films than most professional """critics""" on websites like this.

This is just sad and embarrassing this many memes are out there.

Oh for absolutely sure. And that's not even taking into account the aspiring directors and film school students who take this shit seriously and know what the fuck they're talking about.

>fatally unfunny

I thought it was fucking hilarious, what is this one about? The extents of inhumanity this film goes about while trying to keep the style, the telegraphed imagery and so on.

A glib facsimile

>movie shows beautiful white women
>leftie critics hate it

Really made me think.

Does she even know what those words mean?

She reaaaally didn't fucking get it did she

Really made me meno-pause for a second and think

So if I call flicks fascist, does that make me a philosopher?

>Top Critic
>mansplaining

Just end it already, critics were a mistake

>they had a polite laugh at my shitty joke
>now im 100% sure they are nice people.
you have to be lobotomized to think anything about neon demon is "politically incorrect"

Why hide your face if you're the good guy?

how different would the review look if those 2 women had insulted her or in some way mad her feel like shit.