youtube.com/watch?v=N9xmaJURJzU
youtube.com/watch?v=rZlB2tRyvQw
youtube.com/watch?v=exN_pTylv2s
youtube.com/watch?v=SxDqR_23Puo
musictheory.net/lessons
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Debussy - Richter

youtube.com/watch?v=SoqSqW0YW7A

I asked in the last thread but didn't get any responses: post your favourite Good Friday music.

youtube.com/watch?v=fT1y0_9qpeY

Poulenc

youtube.com/watch?v=OG_pMHOF8ME

youtube.com/watch?v=sCgT94A7WgI

Faerie's Aire and Death Waltz

youtube.com/watch?v=KABLsViSRn4

avant garde masterpiece

Hey I have an honest question, so I went to community college and my teacher said I was talented and creative. I had a heart to heart with her and she said if I wanted to continue I'd need to go to a 4 year or study under a composer, because she can't teach me everything I need. Like does this mean she thinks I have potential or was she just like being nice. Typing this I know it sounds weird, but I'm just looking for another opinion. I know other teachers have complimented me on my composition chops

People don't actually like atonal music. It's just hipsters trying to look cool.

Attached: Rachmaninov.jpg (1000x756, 46K)

dubs confirm it

Post a sam ple.
Unless you want to emulate Mozart or Bach I'm suspect of how much creativity you can learn in school. I feel like that is more about just having listened to tons of different types of music and experimenting on your own. Theory and shit can be applied after the fact, but to initially write something unique and

Attached: DIS21C[1].gif (473x477, 53K)

I'm afraid to post a sample because I don't have it copyrighted. All though I could post a piece that I signed the copyright away to, I entered it in a contest.

Schoenberg
youtube.com/watch?v=U-pVz2LTakM

/classical/
Bachtards fuck it up edition
>inb4 how do I into classical
>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. Too lazy to write up a description for this, but it has a little of everything
mega.nz/#F!pWR0zABY!xCwF1rEfXiyEy5HuhTDP0Q
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

youtube.com/watch?v=-cPchmU-pB4

youtube.com/watch?v=AnS1i9bVGHU

Attached: Capture.jpg (844x551, 44K)

Wagner
youtube.com/watch?v=SQO7QIgNvA0

Post an audio sample then.

Also no one is going to steal your work. People post uncopyrighted works here all the time. Especially if you haven't even studied composition formally, no one is going to care.

>dad tries to look like he likes classical
>"look son, i am listening to the festival overture by shostakovitch, the season concertos by vivaldi, holberg suite by grieg and prelude to (too lazy to check) by debussy :)"

Attached: 1521611051159.jpg (600x600, 77K)

youtube.com/watch?v=fznr2ulZd1Q

youtu.be/wXh5JprKqiU
new to classic, this is the first time music has made me cry. what else goes with this feel

Attached: litter test.gif (241x182, 756K)

Wagnerliszt

youtube.com/watch?v=fb2rX7-pmL8

It's been too long since I've listened to this one

>Hey I have an honest question, so I went to community college and my teacher said I was talented and creative. I had a heart to heart with her and she said if I wanted to continue I'd need to go to a 4 year or study under a composer, because she can't teach me everything I need. Like does this mean she thinks I have potential or was she just like being nice. Typing this I know it sounds weird, but I'm just looking for another opinion. I know other teachers have complimented me on my composition chops

I'm a classical composer with an album out

She probably thinks you have potential, teachers don't usually tell their students that unless they mean it.

Here's the other thing: You don't need to go to school to learn composition. I went to college for economics and taught myself composition while studying under a private instructor for $80 per month.

Going to college for composition is good for networking though. You can get in the system and meet classical musicians who will perform your compositions and stuff like that. But besides that, it's kind of a waste. Not worth $60,000 of debt.

Wouldn't do it if I were you, but that's just me.

youtube.com/watch?v=VBAtf5o9er8

Have some cute light pieces:
youtube.com/watch?v=VRp0IZHLelsJ
youtube.com/watch?v=qOTswEtRKGkJ

Here are easier to like pieces that may appeal to you
Stravinsky's Agon
youtube.com/watch?v=N9xmaJURJzU
Schoenberg's very Romantisch PC lapses from atonality a little, as I understand, but nothing is perfect.
youtube.com/watch?v=rZlB2tRyvQw
Fine isn't as well known but he was part of the (Hebraic) Boston school of composers and produced some fine neoclassical, atonal and atonalish compositions. The other members are worth investigating and most took a couple of entertaining swings outside of tonality.
youtube.com/watch?v=exN_pTylv2s
Perle is a bit academic-sounding but I find his music appealing right off the bat. Not sure what he'd be categorized as.
youtube.com/watch?v=SxDqR_23Puo

That being said, it does happen to be true that atonality was a Jewish plot to destroy the classical Western tradition and herald in the domination of Jewish-marketed degenerate negro-based forms of music.

holy fuck

Attached: 1487441297748.jpg (612x380, 71K)

what is the most captivating opera?

I haven't watched/listened to enough to make a definitive judgement.

I found Bartok's Bluebeard's Castle to be very captivating though.

How do I go from listening to classical because it sounds nice to actually understanding it? An example is listening to Zeppelin and liking when the man hits the drums versus understanding what Bonham is actually doing and why it sounds nice.

Wrong. I thoroughly enjoy late Scriabin, Sorabji and some Schoenberg and Berg pieces for example. People actually like atonal music. It's also just hipsters trying to look cool. And massive faggots who can't understand the fact that people enjoy different things.

Believe me you dont want to understand it

give me the power

musictheory.net/lessons

this shit is too deep. i didn't have to learn math to know what bonham was doing. are you sure it has to be this hard to understand why the violin sounds one way in this part and different in another?