>buddy invites me to an EDM music festival
>no exposure to EDM, better do some homework
>Rolling Stone Magazine's "20 Best EDM and electronic albums of 2017"
>16 out of the 20 aren't even on piratebay
>Most of the artists don't even have one single album on piratebay
Is this genre some sort of joke?

Attached: tiesto.jpg (267x200, 18K)

EDM fans donĀ“t care about albums

Good edm yes, most is created in the momment.

this
most popular EDM artists only release singles with an EP every now and then.
EDM fans prefer a constant stream of singles over the conventional album every 1-2 years.

So how do I get into the genre if I don't want to download a bajillion individual singles one-by-one? Offline listening is a must, so no spotify or whatever

you download music off public trackers? that's literally the worst possible way to download music. movies and software, sure, but music? the selection is bad, it's not the musicians fault there's just a lot more music out there than there is pretty much anything else

Til now I've mostly been focusing on classics, and "not on piratebay = the critics are full of shit" has been an extremely useful filter so far

>EDM
>EDM Festivals
>Rolling Stone Magazine
>Downloading albums on TPB

Attached: 1521014546310.jpg (360x374, 19K)

>rolling stone
>2017

Attached: 1520138100376.gif (286x286, 1.51M)

at least use rutracker ffs

>2017
ive got news for you user

dj mixes

>Offline listening is a must
what, do you live on an island somewhere?

i spend 8 hours a day at a desk job with only corporate wifi which can't be used to listen to music
any particular recommendations?

Well then I guess they don't want you listening to music at work, do they?

I think DJ Sprinkles is a good way to start, that's who got me interested in electronic music. So I'd say Where Dance Floors Stand Still or Queerifications and Ruin

You know Spotify has a download for offline listening option right

>2016
>rolling stone
>EDM albums
>pirate bay

>piratebay
>reading Rollingstone for """EDM"""
>EDM Festival

Sorry but I think you and your friend might be gay.

lol

Which festival? If it's a mainland US summer festival there's like a 50% chance it's gonna be some mostly-dubstep wankfest all about the dropzz bro; with some actual decent artists sprinkled in here and there. If you like drugs, camping, large police presence, and totally-not-a-ho-but-I-could-really-use-a-bump-*wink* type women, then it's a lot of fun. Got sick of it real fast myself, though.

dude just take some drugs and you'll be okay

this has got to be a troll post.

What albums did you not find?
Maybe we have them.

>do some homework
then just check who's in the line-up, then go their soundcloud page and check a couple of latest sets (livesets, radioshows, etc)

>getting your music from piratebay

How does it feel to have plebian "flavor of the month" normie taste and being ignorant of an ocean-sized pool of good music ?

Those festivals are for taking drugs and dancing along to the same 120 bpm beat over and over. You don't need to do any "homework"