Tfw too intelligent for linear communication

>tfw too intelligent for linear communication

Thanks for spoiling War of the Worlds jackass

i wonder what the aliens farts sound like

or do they just smoke cirlces out their butt

spoilers: those space ink circles WERE their farts

It would just be a picture of broccoli because like time farts are a flat circle so your farts are just a picture of what food it was a few hours ago.

I can't believe I have to tell someone who watched this masterpiece this 'trivia' (it was extensively covered in the Blu Ray commentary)

>super advanced aliens communicate in smoke like fucking Apaches

Dropped

>advanced
LMAO

Prince Kassad. Damn, Starcraft II is just so technically superior.

>now you have the ability to experience all your life non-linearly, so you know every good and every bad moment of your life from the beginning and there's nothing you can do to change it
Well, that's a fucking shitty gift. Should have given us the weapons against alium invasion fleet instead

>finally get away from Sup Forums and all the fucking braap-posting
>go outside to light up a smoke
>suddenly alien spaceships decend from the skies, landing in the street
>one of those things oozes out of the ship and attempts communication with me
>cig falls out of my mouth as I hear it about to speak its first word to me
>BBBBRRAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP
>mfw

is this a scene from arrival? if not, where is pic from please?

Don't we have weapons already? Isn't that why they're teaching us their jackson pollock language?

It is

They are teaching us because their pollock language told them so. In fact it's not exactly clear whether they are sentient at all at this point or just follow their language instinctively. With the ability to foresee your future, sentience is irrelevant. Maybe that's why they ignore simple questions, they can't answer any of them anyway, they just do whatever they remember.

Well they said they're teaching us because we need to help them later

Where. Are you referring to the short story?

surely such an existence would destroy any individuality one might have

Didn't one of them say they're teaching us because they need our help in their future?

I don't remember them giving out simple answers like these, unless you actually know hectapod. I may have missed something, but the movie certainly didn't focus on that.

It was in one of their exchanges after the montage of learning. It wasn't as clear cut as that, but that was the gist of it from what I remember.

meow meow meow miawok. meow meow miawok meow. miawok meow meow.

Abbot tells Louise in the scene from OP'S pic that they need the humans help 3000 years in the future.

That was Costello. Abbot is death process

shut up Generals was the best RTS

Why didn't she tell Ian about that? Felt weird that she never said anything about what happened.

I liked that the filmmakers were intelligent enough to not include any sudden alien attack/invasion desu

I don't remember this. I guess my rip had no subtitles.

I'd like to see them make Childhoods End into a movie.
A bunch of giant alien spacecraft that come to earth and just hover there for decades, not doing anything, just observing us, while mankind loses its collective shit beneath them.

>IT WAS LOVE ARRIVAL, THE POWER TO SAVE HUMANITY WAS LOVE AND UNITY ALL ALONG

This movie was boring. I waited some twist or turn of events for the whole time and it never came and the whole thing just ended up feeling safe and flat

bravo denis

I keked, user