Did anyone watch the Jets/Pats game today? Thoughts on this "fumble"?

Did anyone watch the Jets/Pats game today? Thoughts on this "fumble"?

Other urls found in this thread:

nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000717652/C-J-Mosley-makes-interception-fumbles-into-end-zone-for-touchback
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/15/nfl-saw-clear-and-obvious-evidence-of-seferian-jenkins-fumble-failure-to-recover/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I still don't get it. He maintained possession.

>It's a Patriot's cheat and refball episode again
So tired of these reruns

As a Pats fan, they got lucky.

why can't the patriots stay out of controversial plays. fucking cheaters

He clearly had possession as he was "going out of bounds", and he wasn't even out of bounds. Horrible call.

Most Jets moment of the last few years. We'll hear how this ended a for sure super bowl run for the next fifty years.

Was at my dad's place and he actually shut the game off after it.

Pats fan.

That was bullshit.

RODGERS

OUT

What was the explanation after the review? Did they call it a td on the field?

Kys

The explanation was that it was because he didn't have possession as he went out of bounds.

That's pure bull shit

Pats would've won anyways

Jets fan. Refs got it 100% right sadly

>leaf
>not a bandwagon pats fan

Nice try

go watch hockey fag.

He lost possession. the ball was clearly out of his hands while crossing the line. it left his right arm, left his possession entirely, then he went to get it with his left arm but didn't get possession till he was out of bounds.

no possession no score.

it was a weird play, but he objectively didn't have possession

Pats fan. Refs get it 100% wrong happily

he never had it in his right arm. it spun around twice and then fell back into his left arm.

Either the call was bad or the rule is bad. Things like this are why nobody likes NFL anymore.

This.
He caught the ball, turned up field and took several steps.
We can rule out a call for incomplete.
He lost possession (ball dropped out of his grasp) before he cross the goal line - > fumble
He does not regain possession before ball goes out of bounds - > touch back
He regains possession but it becomes inconsequential as touch back has been established.

Weird play, sucky situation for Jets.

just when i started liking football again

Well the picture clearly shows he doesn't have possession. He regained it midair and landed out of bounds. What's problem here?

How is it so hard to understand?

He fumbled into the endzone and then went out of bounds(can't regain possession out of bounds)

It's the same as when these idiots dive for the pylon and drop the ball before they get there and it goes out of bounds

We see people fumble into the endzone for touchbacks every year and you idiots always get confused

I blame the announcers for not knowing how fumbles work and confusing the public that was watching

The real problem is that it was overruled when there really isn't clear enough evidence to overturn it.

this shit only happens in favor of the (((patriots)))

>has to write an essay to defend a single play

Lol the NFL is fucked

He had possession, got like 3 steps in bounds, lost possession for ΒΌ of a second, regained possession, part of his body touched in bounds, then landed out of bounds.
That's a TD. End of story.

no, it only happens when dudes fumble through the endzone

nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000717652/C-J-Mosley-makes-interception-fumbles-into-end-zone-for-touchback

literally the same thing

have to write an essay to explain it to morons

>he fumbled into the endzone

thats literally it, but you "people" don't understand

its like every nfl fan thats not a pats fan is a drooling moron

>literally touches in bounds before going out of bounds

Please don't trigger Patriots fans, they don't believe in bad calls.

Its a shitty rule, offense should get the ball at the one when the offensive players has obvious possession

im done with the nfl. fucking ref ball

yep you can see he clearly has possession.... wait no

Pretty fucking egregious it goes from 7 points for the Jets to Pats touchback.

If it's not clear then the call on the field stands, which is a touchdown

The NFL is rigged.

Not when the Patriots could lose a game as a result.

(((patriots))) win again because of an overturned call!

>clearly regains possession in the air
>then happens
Delusion

>If it's not clear then the call on the field stands, which is a touchdown
The replay CLEARLY showed him LOSING possession

it was IMPOSSIBLE to see him regain it

FUMBLE

see

>Pats refball
Shocker

Can you regain posession mid-air, though? You have to touch the ground in bounds and have clear control of the ball for a reception to count. Same would apply for recovering a fumbled ball. You can't recover it out of bounds and unless you maintain control and it's clear you did, the ball is still fumbling. It was on the ground under his body in the endzone before he could regain control. That's a touchback.

Wow the play ended with him mid air? Wtf I love the refs now!

That's not a fumble...

>people having to write and deliver keynote addresses to defend this call

The fucking state of this game.

Seriously. Fuck this league so hard. It's clear they want their big markets like New England to succeed so they make the calls go their way.

I'm 40 Jets fan for life. I'm convinced Bob Kraft has a pic of Roger Goodell sucking a dick.

1/2 second later ...

>new england
>bigger market than new york

may have found a flaw here

wow that's clear possession in bounds
how much money do you think kraft wired the nfl during that review

can possession be regained in mid air?

doesn't matter, can't regain possession in midair

You can if you hit in bounds before going out of bounds, which he clearly did

He lost possession a second time says the NFL officiating crew. Keep rolling the film.

I was at the game, my bro in law is a jest fan and I'm an iggles fan. There wasn't a good playback on the jumbotron and the fans were booing/cheering so loud you couldn't hear a word the ref said.

Then the call was bullshit. Robot refs when

Yes it was

Just post a fucking webm

The Jets are still the Jets. They still would've been behind? They are still the Jets. The fact that anyone e this is the chets wouldn't have choked is laughable. They just let 21 pts unanswered by a feeling pats team before this. Fuck right the fuck off

do you not know math

Do you not know math?

Why must the bad guys (p*triots) win?

First off I thought they had 14 at that point so fuck you. Second the pats get the ball with anything more than 45 seconds and the Jets lose. So fuck you 2x. Enjoy the rest of your season buddy.

The Jets had the final drive of what should have been a tie game. Against that defense, they absolutely could have reached fg range. Admit it, the Pats needed massive refball to eek out a win vs the >Jests

more like Jests need ball security lessons.

If the Jets had scored a TD on that drive, they would have been down 3 points still. Obviously a blow for them, but they still would have been behind.

Yeah, if they got the TD, plus the FG they got on their next drive, they'd be tied, but the fumble changes the entire course of the game. The Patriots wouldn't have been so conservative if they only had a 3 point lead. The Jets were fucked anyways.

If the Jets even win another game I'll be shocked.

He fumbled the ball in midair and regained possession, this isn't some catch where he has to establish himself inbounds

Also, it was the right call by the refs, so the what ifs don't matter.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/15/nfl-saw-clear-and-obvious-evidence-of-seferian-jenkins-fumble-failure-to-recover/

Tony Corrente:

"The final shot that we saw was from the end zone that showed the New York Jets' runner, we'll call him a runner at that point, with the football starting to go toward the ground. He lost the ball. It came out of his control as he was almost to the ground. Now he re-grasps the ball and by rule, now he has to complete the process of a recovery, which means he has to survive the ground again. So in recovering it, he recovered, hit the knee, started to roll and the ball came out a second time. So the ball started to move in his hands this way ... he's now out of bounds in the end zone, which now created a touchback. So he didn't survive the recovery and didn't survive the ground during the recovery is what happened here."

Anyone complaining about this doesn't watch enough football and has trouble understanding the rules.

100% the right call

he had possession (for a long time)

then he fumbled

then he recovered the ball out of bounds

Hi Tom

>So in recovering it, he recovered, hit the knee, started to roll and the ball came out a second time
oh woah, didn't know this. is there video of the 2nd loss of control?

>it's a "Tom Brady throws an incomplete pass on third down oh wait lol defensive holding/pass interference." episode

my favorite part of that episode is when they show the replay and there is always a defensive hold/pass interference. great tv

When the rules stipulate that looking at a receiver cross is an automatic first down, yeah it happens a lot- just never to the Patriots.

and this is why the nfl is shit. the rules are unintuitive and overly technical

no because it didn't happen

Yep it's a fumble now stfu

Yes, what you describe is a TD. But that's not what happened.

The refs called it right. The rule itself is kinda silly tho.

The basis is, the fumble went out in the endzone. So the next play starts there. But you can't start a play in the endzone. So something else has to happen. And a long time ago they decided that it would be a touchback.

Fuck the NFL. It's unbelievable how such a wealthy organization could have such shoddy, incompetent officiating. This was one of the most blatant examples of refball I've ever seen. I guess they have to protect their franchise darlings that bring in all the cash.

And I know people will read posts like this and think "Haha! U mad!". Shut the fuck up, this shit is unacceptable. The NFL sucks, the officiating sucks, the presentation sucks, the organization sucks...It's all garbage. I don't know why I even keep up with this anymore. Week after week we see the most outrageous refball. I was never one for a conspiracy mind, but it's getting harder and harder to believe this is legitimate. Either there is some fixing going on, or the refs are wholly and utterly incompetent, which is inexcusable for such a wealthy league.

This is bullshit. I am this close to being fucking done. Fuck the NFL.

It's a bigger FOOTBALL market and that's all that matters. Los Angeles for instance is not a big football market since most people there don't give a shit

I was there (Pats fan). Nobody thought that would be the call, nobody. I definitely disagree with it. The boos were absolutely the lifestyle I have ever heard

New York is an enormous football market. you don't have a leg to stand on here.

Gotta keep Brady strong did anyone else know with this "win" he has yet another career milestone*

PAts are the better team and probably would have won either way but it wasn't nearly conclusive enough to overturn.

wasn't expecting anything from the jets season so it's whatever, just funny to see them almost choke to another literally who jets quarterback while they have tom fucking brady.

>Jets crying about this call
>let the Patriots outscore them 24-3 after going up 14-0 and dominating them for most of the first half

Regardless of the call the jets were losing this game anyways

yeah but there was also the robby anderson no call and the bad PI call from gronk when he grabbed adams face mask.

>Doesn't know how math works

There was also the no call on the intentional grounding from McCown and no call on the DPI in the endzone on Gronk.

It was the right call, look at the ref explanation, but even if you assume that it was a shitty call, there were shitty calls/no calls on both sides. Jets had a chance to win at the end regardless and they choked.