"Unfortunately, among the things I heard about his departure as director, I heard a few specifics that, if true...

>"Unfortunately, among the things I heard about his departure as director, I heard a few specifics that, if true, lead me to worry there is at least a chance Affleck could also walk away from starring in the picture. I don't feel those concerns are as likely to bear fruit, and I still expect Affleck will finish the screenplay as planned and then start prepping for the role by getting into 'Batman shape' to ensure he's physically and mentally prepared for the role. That said, I do believe there's a chance now that Affleck could depart the project as an actor, winding up merely serving as cowriter and producer."

>"Even if Ben Affleck does see The Batman through to the end, which is likely, the odds, based on what he has heard, have increased that the actor/director could leave the DCEU behind after that movie"

Mark Hughes, Journalist, especially superhero films, & Hollywood

Source: movieweb.com/the-batman-ben-affleck-exit-role-dc-films/

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/batman/batman-v-superman-and-justice-league-scribe-has-reportedly-rewritten-the-a148593
youtube.com/watch?v=8zPjK3ocK2E
strawpoll.me/12248053
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Yeah, I'm so involved that I am writing it to make sure it's a good movie, but playing Batman again? Fuck that!
Imagine being retarded enough to believe that clickbait

its a good thing for DC IF they decide to cancel their capeshit and let Marvel do their thing in the next 2 years.

in the mean time, let them plan ahead for their films, have each character different from one another, and basically just stop trying to compete with marvel at this point, they should just take their own pace with no rush

>Yeah, I'm so involved that I am writing it to make sure it's a good movie

Yeah, about that...

comicbookmovie.com/batman/batman-v-superman-and-justice-league-scribe-has-reportedly-rewritten-the-a148593

oh look it's another "insider" click bait article who wants to see dc fail.

Mark Hughes is a DCEU fanboy.

I think we should acknowledge that Ben Affleck is clinically depressed. People like to meme about Keanu Reeves being a sad fuck, but Bin Afflecki seriously might kill himself.

Affleck is dead. Batman and the DCEU kill him

He always looks depressed. Specially when someone mentions BATMAN. Just look at him, he hates it.

youtube.com/watch?v=8zPjK3ocK2E

another one bites the JUST

DCEU IT'S DEAD... DEAL WITH IT!!

Are you a fucking idiot, mark Hughes is the most reliable person when it comes to dc shit. He's the most journalist and called out critics. Take off your pathetic fanboy glasses you nigger

He's starting to remind me about his character from Gone Girl

Remember when DC apologists said Affleck would definitely direct this. Good times.

Batfleck is the only interesting thing DC has. That sewage line of meta human movies is dead on arrival.

Ben "if he's white get him out of my sight" affleck
Ben "now flowers for the twin towers" affleck

Anyone got more

Not even memeing, but I feel like the Muslim "ban" had something to do with this. I think Ben will take a career in politics and social "justice" after JL

What do you have against Aquaman? Oh no he's brown and he chugged a bottle of booze aaaaaaaaah

I know what would cheer him up. I needs to get back to his roots of directing Boston crime movies. There's like 5 or 6 more books in the same series as Gone Baby, Gone. Get your little bro Casey on the horn and lets get Patrick Kenzie back in action for fucksake

Wonder Woman and JL have to be amazing to keep the DCEU alive at this point. If they are just okay or average I think this shit is over

Has anybody read the book? Saw the movie yesterday and felt like a mess because of so many plots.

At least Keanu has John Wick to keep him going, what does Ben have?

strawpoll.me/12248053

>tfw no more comfy PI movies set in Boston directed by Ben and starring Casey

>What do you have against Aquaman?
He's aquaman... What more reason do you need to hate him?

You! I like you. You're a clean thinker.

Bin Al'Fleq is a shit actor and a literal moron.

It's now over... What do you expect if after JL (even yet it will be amazing) DCEU and WB have to recast the main character?

Kek

>Ben Affleck
Sorry Bin Al- fleck your muslim apologist astroturfing hast JUSTed you with the American people.

Even Libtards hate you now. Well done.

DCEU R.I.P. Why?

>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice was big meh
>Suicide Squad it's one of the worst superhero movie
>Aquaman director James Wan is “feeling a tremendous amount of trepidation” about the project (own words)
>The Flash loses its first director
>The Flash loses its second director
>Warner Bros. completely reorganizes the DC creative team
>DC has a undevelopment characters problem
>Ben Affleck steps down from directing his standalone Batman movie
>Ben Affleck steps down from acting future DC movies

WW it's the only lonely shot. If this movie fails, everything will fall and heads will roll

To make kino is suffering. True artists arent happy.

BvS was the 21st century American Kino to end all Kino, and Bin Afflecki's happiness was sacrificed to make it happen

GEORGE MILLER AND VILLENEUVE IN THE RUNNING

Fucking this. Affleck is well aware of the memes.

literally who cares
it's going to be shit either way
at least if there's a big bust-up behind the scenes we might get an interesting story about the making of the movie, since the sory IN the movie is guaranteed shit.

Not the user you're quoting, but:

>jumping right to racism

Did you think the issue might not be that user hates Hawaiians, bit that it's a fucking Aquaman movie? The punchline of the justice league? That's doubtless going to be really gritty and edgy and violent so the ads can say "THIS ISN'T YOUR FATHER'S AQUAMAN". The whole DC movie universe is a disaster

>inb4 wahhhh marvelfag

Thinking something is shit doesn't preclude me from thinking something else is shit

James Gunn Recommends Jeremy Saulner to Direct Batman

Why do we never hear insider shit from Marvel BEFORE the movie comes out?
The only one was Thor 2 and they still got a pass for at least trying

This you idiot

Because Disney is WAY more anal about locking down insider shit than WB.

Stuff leaks from WB constantly, not just their superhero movies.

Nothing leaks from Disney, including their superhero movies.

Hi, Mark.

>it's bad because some site says it's bad
Wew.

He played the guy who was superman and killed himself. It would be such poetry. I kinda hope he does.

Except he didn't, nogg.

That's really not true at all. The major difference between disney and WB is that WB tends to get ideas and stick to them. Meaning, like BvS. WB wanted to make a BvS movie for 10 years. It was always talked about, always on the radar. There was absolutely talk of a Bale/Routh BvS movie in 2007. That's one example, WB is like that, with their producers, and how they workshop ideas with writers, directors and actors and so on.

Disney DOES have leaks. All studios do, there's fucking studio spying. It is not a coincidence Shrek looks like a combination of Mike and Sulley from monsters inc. Or the similarities between Despicable Me and Megamind. Its actually crazy insane behavior. Difference is, Disney is more flexible. They change stories to fit better. In Frozen, Elsa was the villain, in Zootopia it was going to star the fox, Captain America 3 may not have had IM or spider-man at all. When you have a project that you've worked on for 5 years and the end result doesn't look like what the initial plan was, then "leaks" don't look very accurate. WB tends to stick to their plan. So their leaks end up holding true.

>itt idiots really think WB will drop franchise of movies already receiving cult status plus generating them money, Oscar nominations and awards despite all controversial stuff

Yea, George Reeves never committed suicide before, it's highly unlikely he would have been the type to commit suicide. People that commit suicide usually have a habit of doing it.