Things you like that make it seem like bait

I genuinely liked Prometheus.

I liked the Happening. I tend to like anything Marky Mark is in including Planet of the Apes.

I liked that movie too. The Alien human ancestors were cool as hell.

i agree with you both.

Not too bad, I like it

I liked Rick & Morty and don't understand all the hate it gets here. nice cartoon to watch when drunk with some funny jokes.

Me too, I don't get the Prometheus hate

I liked the theatrical cut of Alien3 the best (the non-CGI Ripley/dog alien version).

I loved The Revenant, revenge stories are my guilty pleasure and the bear scene was pretty top

You liked a movie that won best director and best actor and was nominated for best picture yet it is somehow suppsed to be considered bait.

It gives people an excuse to feel more adult because >cartoons while also discussing every minor detail of Star Wars or whatever the hot new movie that's cool to hate at the time is

RLM thought it was bad therefore that became the general consensus here and saying anything positive about the film outs you as a plebeian, obviously.

Mr Nobody is my favorite movie

It was ok. But your favorite? You must not watch many movies.

Kinda tied with The Fall and Matchstick Men. I was made for this thread.

The Big Lebowski is based and reddit can never take it away from me.

Tarantino is probably my favourite director. I am 22 btw.

>I am 22 btw.
No kidding.

what did you mean by this?

I think Lord of the Rings, as one big thing, is one of the best movies ever made.

Man of Steel is masterpiece, BvS is worse but still very good.

>it's a "graphics designer whips up some super complicated, non-practical, hard to see due to transparency futuristic user interface" scene

whoever says noir movies are his favourite movies is probably lying because they are all overrated

I almost cried during Transformers. Not sure which it was but they were capturing bumble bee. And I was bit drunk.

I cried during V for Vendetta when everyone appears with the masks and marches against the police force. Fight me.

John Wayne is the model of a man that all men should aspire to be and people who think the character of John Wayne is dumb or think that they're obligated to hate him because they like the Eastwoodian silent edgelord murder cowboy better are wrong.

Anchorman is one of my top 5 favourite movies

I almost cry everytime when something nice happens, when it's related to friendship, because deep down I know, something like that will never happen to me

don't watch Big Fish then

I did. I cried like a bitch

Alien 3 Assembly Cut is my favorite of the trilogy. Aliens is the worst and a clear downgrade from Aliens in order to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

5 centimeters per second?

you can recommend something too, I still haven't shed more than a single manly tear in 20 years. I need to cry my eyes out someday.

last movie I cried to was Peppermint Candy, dunno why, just hit a special spot deep down

I genuinely like Man of Steel. I don't think DC make good movies and I think JL will be shit, but I honestly like Man of Steel.

Despite it's flaws, I liked Dark Knight Rises a lot, I think it was the last good capeshit to be released in recent years

any movies about being a social wreck and oneself? inb4 He was a quiet man

hating oneself*

Well, as I said, Peppermint Candy is about a guy who commits Sudoko at the beginning of the movie and you find out why he did it, the rest of the movie.
Maybe Ben-X is about an autistic teenager who plays video games.
The Hunt is about based mads beeing accursed to be a pedophile and his life is getting wrecked.
Pursuit of Happyness also counts?
Does the Road count as being a social wreck dunno.

those are the first that get into my mind.

It wasn't alien 5
I do like it though but that's 90% of the complaints

also, technically Donnie Darko counts as being a social wreck hating himself

one of my favs :)

damn, I'll kill myself one day

>Total Recall (1990) is the better comedy
>Total Recall (2012) is the better sci-fi and movie

i actually enjoyed the Hobbit movies. notice, i said ENJOYED, not that the film was flawless and perfect in every way.
it was a fun sidestory to go along with the LOTR movies and despite the silly CGI, nonsensical love-triangle plot and super mario physics, i actually had a good time with the movies.

It's a great movie that I've watched multiple times. It has issues but they don't ruin the movie.

I think the Engineers are great, I think the whole concept of Prometheus with humans being the dangerous creation that the "Gods" want to wipe out is pretty cool.

No time travel or goofy mind reading aliens that want to teach us to better ourselves. They are just cold Engineers.

I enjoy Girls though I don't care for Lena Dunham's shenanigans.

I just wish it was one big fun adventure movie, no serious dark shit. The Hobbit is a fun book for kids, just make a fucking Silmarillion TV series.

I cry every time I watch Fearless

Desolation of Smaug is a great movie. It's fun, it has feels, it has romance, it has the barrel scene, the forest scene in the extended is excellent.

>it has the barrel scene

ayyyy

FUCK you