Slavery in East Asia

>China - The Hongwu Emperor abolishes all forms of slavery in 1368

>Japan - Toyotomi Hideyoshi bans slavery except as punishment for criminals in 1590

>Korea - Slavery abolished by Japanese Empire in 1894, but it survives in practice until 1930

>Slavery abolished by Japanese Empire in 1894

Really makes me think..

Wow... Chinese are so moral and Japanese so cruel

Slavery isn't necessarily bad, poor starving people sometimes willingly let themselves become slaves just so they could survive.

Even if I conceded that inane point that wage slavery is like actual slavery, being a wage slave is still pretty fucking "bad". It's not a condition that should exist. To say nothing of fucking welts-on-your-back actual slavery.

yeah but slavery implies that you cannot break it. if you are a wage slave at least you have the right to quit at any time.

You still need to feed a slave or he/she will die you know.

So you're saying the only way to live a "bad" life is to literally die. If you are not actually dead, then your life is good, or at least not "bad". Is that correct?

>Slavery isn't necessarily bad
Ahmed please

he was using your country as an example

>Japan - Toyotomi Hideyoshi bans slavery except as punishment for criminals in 1590
Except most population had not names besides "farmer" or "miller" like in human hive and any samurai could decapitate you at will.

After the Portuguese first made contact with Japan in 1543, a large scale slave trade developed in which Portuguese purchased Japanese as slaves in Japan and sold them to various locations overseas, including Portugal itself, throughout the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. Many documents mention the large slave trade along with protests against the enslavement of Japanese. Japanese slaves are believed to be the first of their nation to end up in Europe, and the Portuguese purchased large numbers of Japanese slave girls to bring to Portugal for sexual purposes, as noted by the Church[citation needed]in 1555. Sebastian of Portugal feared that this was having a negative effect on Catholic proselytization since the slave trade in Japanese was growing to massive proportions, so he commanded that it be banned in 1571.

Japanese slave women were even sold as concubines to Asian lascar and African crewmembers, along with their European counterparts serving on Portuguese ships trading in Japan, mentioned by Luis Cerqueira, a Portuguese Jesuit, in a 1598 document.
Japanese slaves were brought by the Portuguese to Macau, where some of them not only ended up being enslaved to Portuguese, but as slaves to other slaves, with the Portuguese owning Malay and African slaves, who in turn owned Japanese slaves of their own.

Hideyoshi was so disgusted that his own Japanese people were being sold en masse into slavery on Kyushu, that he wrote a letter to Jesuit Vice-Provincial Gaspar Coelho on 24 July 1587 to demand the Portuguese, Siamese (Thai), and Cambodians stop purchasing and enslaving Japanese and return Japanese slaves who ended up as far as India.
Hideyoshi blamed the Portuguese and Jesuits for this slave trade and banned Christian proselytizing as a result.

Some Korean slaves were bought by the Portuguese and brought back to Portugal from Japan, where they had been among the tens of thousands of Korean prisoners of war transported to Japan during the Japanese invasions of Korea (1592–98).[15][16] Historians pointed out that at the same time Hideyoshi expressed his indignation and outrage at the Portuguese trade in Japanese slaves, he himself was engaging in a mass slave trade of Korean prisoners of war in Japan.[17][18]

Fillippo Sassetti saw some Chinese and Japanese slaves in Lisbon among the large slave community in 1578, although most of the slaves were blacks.[19][20][21][22][23]

The Portuguese "highly regarded" Asian slaves like Chinese and Japanese, much more "than slaves from sub-Saharan Africa" The Portuguese attributed qualities like intelligence and industriousness to Chinese and Japanese slaves which is why they favoured them.[26][27][28][29]

In 1595 a law was passed by Portugal banning the selling and buying of Chinese and Japanese slaves.

>be chinese
>meditating in park like good chinese
>didn't get memo that Falun Gong is no longer good chinese meditation, now dangerous cult subverting the CCP
>cops beat me up, break a rib, and send me to labor camp
>Spend decades making santa hats and fake christmas trees
>lungs are now filled with red dye and blood
>still the healthiest guy the prison doctor has seen in years
>sends me to get my organs harvested next week

At least I'm not a slave.

>falun gong exclusive dips on meditation.
Anyone who believes in that cult deserve to die imo.

CCP should do the same thing to Christfags.

dude, falun gong is not a good example. they literally believe aliens are on the planet manipulating humans.

source?

>>About Aliens. Li claimed that extraterrestrial aliens are actively intervening in human affairs.[63][64] Li claimed that aliens developed and introduced the technology used by humans today.[65][66] Li has denounced modern technology as part of an alien plot against humanity.[67] Li believes humans are being impersonated by alien agents.[68]

geezes i found more garbage.

>>Li: Of course there is not just one reason. The biggest cause of society's change today is that people no longer believe in orthodox religion. They go to church, but they no longer believe in God. They feel free to do anything. The second reason is that since the beginning of this century, aliens have begun to invade the human mind and its ideology and culture.

>>Li: The aliens come from other planets. The names that I use for these planets are different . Some are from dimensions that human beings have not yet discovered. The key is how they have corrupted mankind. Everyone knows that from the beginning until now, there has never been a development of culture like today. Although it has been several thousand years, it has never been like now.

>>The aliens have introduced modern machinery like computers and airplanes. They started by teaching mankind about modern science, so people believe more and more science, and spiritually, they are controlled. Everyone thinks that scientists invent on their own when in fact their inspiration is manipulated by the aliens. In terms of culture and spirit, they already control man. Mankind cannot live without science.

>>The ultimate purpose is to replace humans. If cloning human beings succeeds, the aliens can officially replace humans. Why does a corpse lie dead, even though it is the same as a living body? The difference is the soul, which is the life of the body. If people reproduce a human person, the gods in heaven will not give its body a human soul. The aliens will take that opportunity to replace the human soul and by doing so they will enter earth and become earthlings.

crazy af

CCP is also a cult

If falun gong is a religion, they obey 上帝?

that's called a job
le kek xd

In what way? China is sovereign country. They might be Authoritarian but willing to give its freedom to do what they want as long as they don't challenge CCP.

>Freedom
>As long as...

It was basically only I can treat peasants as slaves.

Falun Gong is essentially the American branch of Scottish Rite Freemasonry planted in China.

Yes, freedom has limits. Just like you are not free to murder niggers without consequence.

The falun gong is a poisonous cult. The CCP on the other hand made China the largest economy on earth by GDP PPP.

>deng xiaoping on the other hand made China the largest economy on earth by GDP PPP.
fixed

Actually I was thinking of Thralls.

Where did you think deng xiaoping got his factory workers from, lol?

Freed labour from agricultural and healthcare reforms under Mao, idiot.

It's a literal cult that worships its leader

chink do not use korea flag

Is there a differnece between slaves and thralls?

No, just different name.

but at least it wasnt like kidnapping tons of africans and whipping them to work
and Korean "노비" could have their own property
also it was common thing for 노비 to marry 상민 which is just normal people
what did you do during history class?

Wouldn't it be slightly better than African slaves? Anyone wouldn't want to be a slave.

And OP didn't mention any negative opinion about Korean slave system.