Beleib in god fugg:DD

I wish I could make the call to a higher power, but it all just sounds retarded. Right now I relate to orthodox christians the most, but i cant get over how goofy the whole thing is
>God made a situation where free will appears to be a thing, but he already knew what was going to happen, making the whole idea of a test of faith superficial
>there are several thousand deities
>no objective evidence(here i am not saying i would reject my own subjective experiences)

Show me God Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IkVC1gZInxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=j0LhabQJ_-w
youtube.com/watch?v=4NQOnjswuFI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_atheism
haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/.premium-1.669381
shj.org/
myjewishlearning.com/article/secular-humanistic-judaism-rejecting-god/
myjewishlearning.com/article/must-a-jew-believe-in-god/
huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/23/atheist-jews-judaism-without-god_n_978418.html
thehumanist.com/magazine/september-october-2014/humanist-living/jewish-atheists-and-koufax-jews
secularpolicyinstitute.net/numbers-the-rise-of-jewish-atheists/
newadvent.org/summa/1010.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>God made a situation where free will appears to be a thing, but he already knew what was going to happen, making the whole idea of a test of faith superficial
why is this an issue? free will and foreknowledge aren't contradictions
>there are several thousand deities
what's your point?
>no objective evidence
as is all metaphysics

Humbling yourself and allowing yourself to look stupid is how you'll get closer to the divine

no objective evidence?
look at many worlds theory. if everything that could possibly happen is happening simultaneously, god could exist as the mechanism that holds that system together.

that would give that "god" perfectly logical and scientifically explainable reasons for that "god" to be all present, all knowing, and all powerful

Okay, we can speculate, but what about god the pragmatist? The one in the old testament that was talking to fuckers left and right

this is all just speculation though. Many worlds theory is ad hoc. What OP seems to be saying is that he wants to believe in God but can't find hard evidence for the belief. He's misguided in thinking God is empirically verifiable.

>Show me a God

again, if there's every possibility happening at every given time, then there are scenarios where, depending on which of these "many worlds" you're in, some literal voice from "the heavens" may have come and said an infinite number of things to humanity, including nothing at all. there would exist an eventuality for every possible conversation it could have had with man.

>free will and foreknowledge aren't contradictions
Yes, they are

If God created us with the foreknowledge of all his creation's actions, then we are basically just carrying out God's massive computer program and our free will is a lie

nigger

>what is compatibilism

if that's the case then OP should look into remote viewing, inducing out of body experiences, etc. that's the only observable thing i can think of that would kinda be "evidence" of god in that way.

>>no objective evidence
That's why it's called faith.

Look. Just start with the basic idea.

God is good.

That goes both ways.

All goodness comes from God.

That good in the universe, even if this is a fallen flawed one with evil, is God shining through.

Just believe there is good in the universe first. That is God. From there you can debate on the details.

One thing I like about Orthodoxy is how they somewhat leave some of the mystery of the Lord. Reminds me of what I've heard of Buddhism a bit. For all the crazy dogma and history in the church, there's also a good deal of awe in the unknown mystery of God.

sacred geometry as described in genesis maybe?

not a good idea because these experiences/hallucinations can easily be interpreted to be something they are not. Look at all the psychedelic guys who go off the deep end.

Best approach to God imo is reading scripture, reading theology and apologetics. In any worldview, you always have to put faith in something.

Perhaps if we were given free will for its own sake,
but we were given it to make a choice which God respects. Since God is Love, this is the offer. When you listen to your conscience to choose what is true and good, you have heard the voice of God. Faith is an ongoing conversation with the Eternal. It is by faith that we enter this mystery.
If we reject it all, God respects our wishes.
He may have created us against our will but He won't save us against our will.

>sacred geometry
I'm not familiar with these stuff, but I'm guessing its similar too how sunflowers grow petals in Fibonacci sequence and other natural stuff arranging themselves in golden ratio, and forests growth patterns as fractals and stuff.

Of course these are interpretations as well.

I've never hallucinated from remote viewing, and I've never heard of anyone that has. but i disagree that it can dangerous or be interpreted as anything besides a spiritual/physical link between observer and observation.

Jews are promoting atheism
And its the default position of bluepilled liberals, sjw's and other degenerates

youtube.com/watch?v=IkVC1gZInxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=j0LhabQJ_-w
youtube.com/watch?v=4NQOnjswuFI

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_atheism
haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/.premium-1.669381
shj.org/
myjewishlearning.com/article/secular-humanistic-judaism-rejecting-god/
myjewishlearning.com/article/must-a-jew-believe-in-god/
huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/23/atheist-jews-judaism-without-god_n_978418.html
thehumanist.com/magazine/september-october-2014/humanist-living/jewish-atheists-and-koufax-jews
secularpolicyinstitute.net/numbers-the-rise-of-jewish-atheists/

Matthew 23:13 King James Version (KJV)

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

yeah, but specifically i meant that in genesis in the bible, the series of events also fit into the basics of sacred geometry.

I assume you're talking about predestination. I had the same exact question when I asked about it. Time is in theory man-made, so God would be outside that spectrum of time. Imagine you have a snow globe and shake it up, nothing happens on the outside but the inside is affected. That's essentially how God would see our universe.

Yes, time is the apprehension of movement.

newadvent.org/summa/1010.htm

Many theologians posit God "outside of time". Fair enough, but I prefer to say as Aquinas that God is simply not subject to it.