/who/ - Doctor Who General

The 13th Doctor edition

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forbiddenplanet.co.uk/doctor-who-5.5-figure-12th-doctor-in-hoodie-checked-trousers
forbiddenplanet.co.uk/doctor-who-5.5-figure-12th-doctor-in-hoodie-variant
twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/826906644139347969
forbiddenplanet.co.uk/doctor-who-10th-doctor-electronic-tardis-playset
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Hayley_Atwell
strawpoll.me/12250294
gq.com/story/ben-whishaw-doctor-who
bigfinish.com/ranges/v/monthly-series
abcd.com/file/4j24lk3f71bpiu0/WDV123.txt.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I WANT A MILKY MOMMY DOCTOR NOW

All hail the queen of /who/

Reminder that toys.
forbiddenplanet.co.uk/doctor-who-5.5-figure-12th-doctor-in-hoodie-checked-trousers

forbiddenplanet.co.uk/doctor-who-5.5-figure-12th-doctor-in-hoodie-variant

Which one?

If that vile smirking bitch of a character is ever mentioned again in the show, let alone actually appears, I can't guarantee I won't be sending my first hate mail to one S. Moffat.

Holey jumper

Reminder that the Mirror are reporting Andrew Buchan is the new Doctor.

Reminder the Mirror called the Davros S9 plotline a year before it happened.

Reminder that the Mirror also said Jenna would die in episode 10 of S9 before S9 aired.

Reminder that the Mirror said Capaldi was leaving months ago and was to be replaced with a younger actor.

What's the point in buying this cheap crap? I'd rather pay 50 bucks for a big detailed figure that they put real effort in.

That's not Andrew Buchan.

twitter.com/OldRoberts953/status/826906644139347969

Holy fucking KEK.

Damn I'm going to end up buying them all.

I guess I'm never getting an 8th Doctor now?

Yeah but post when they are wrong.
If you keep "predicting" things eventually you will be right.

They are reporting that Andrew Buchan is producers' favourite.

The Davros one is the only time they've knew something. All the other three were speculated by others before the mirror claimed them.

Trying to find some articles but can't. They've been right about just about everything and it goes back to 2013, when they revealed exactly how Smith's Doctor would regenerate (crack in the sky et al) the day after Day of the Doctor aired.

I love Jenna but I must agree, I wish they would stop reviving and revisiting characters that were supposed to be gone every two years. At least limit it to big anniversary specials or something, keep Jenna for the 60th or even 75th anniversary.

He blocked me. What does it say?

Agreed, but unfortunately we'll never get figuarts quality doctor whos so 10 quid crap will have to do.

He wasn't fired. He was ERASED.

He said Moffat didn't fire him

He didn't. Piss off.

mfw

Yeah but the Master came back previous series so it's logical Davros would be next.

A likely story.

I feel like we're all going to get our hopes up about Doctor Hayley only to be crushed in a month or two when the real announcement comes out :(

forbiddenplanet.co.uk/doctor-who-10th-doctor-electronic-tardis-playset
Is this worth £50?
How much was it first time round?

I remember getting this years ago, when it was originally released, for about £15. But those were the days when the figures were £5-£6. They're more than double now.

I'd say its an ok price because it's a good set. Sadly lost mine though.

Also
>releasing Tennant era merchandise when he left 7 years ago

doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Hayley_Atwell

reminder that this needs updates

I could picture Clala coming back for 12's regen as a 'dream', bit like the imaginary Amy for 11's regen.

>Hating on Clara this hard when Ashitdr and Shona exist

>>releasing Tennant era merchandise when he left 7 years ago
>tfw they will never make Capaldi Tardis
>tfw they will NEVER make classic Tardis

>Sadly lost mine though.
Got mine at Woolworths (deceased). I broke mine when I fell for the customiser meme.

Was it £20?

Mine's been on display since then.... man those were the days.

It's pretty cool.

I never bothered getting the 11th Doctor's tardis but wish I had now.

I like this Doktor kino.

Anyone in the UK want to sell me some of last years figures? Reasonable price?

I wholeheartedly believe that her body of work alone could help improve ratings.

Something like that.

The 11th Doctors Tardis never really appealed to me. But I've considered the Junk Tardis.

Shona was charming and funny and would have been a GOAT companion with Capaldi. And at least Ashildr wasn't used to ruin just about every part of the Doctor Who mythology.

What I learned from Robert Holmes:

If it doesn't get retconned every time it reappears, it's not Doctor Who mythology.

And boobs

Guys I watch Doctor Who for all the great science fiction and history stories and the great acting and the fun aliens and designs.

But now that Clala is no longer in it, it would also be nice to have a new qt main actress to waifu over. Am I asking for too much? Serve Ships doesn't do it for me

Put any more boobs on and it'll fall over.

>Shona was charming and funny and would have been a GOAT companion with Capaldi.

I just realized that Hayley Atwell kind of looks like a hybrid of Jenna Coleman and Billie Piper. Poetry.

I stopped collecting with Season 5 and by the time the 11th's tardis was out, I had given up at £10 a figure.
The Silurians were pretty cool.

Also never found a Silence closed mouth figure.

>Maisiefag

Forcing her ass in for the /got/faggots was a shit from the start, then they had to make her le immortal who outlives all other immortals XD

>Freshen yer pussy, Doctor?
>FRESHEN YER COCK, COMPANON!

>Serve Ships doesn't do it for me
Same tbqh. She just screams "Kids TV" to me, like she should be hosting a Saturday morning cartoon show. Maybe it's her outfit. I'll give her a chance to win me over though.

I've never seen Shona hate before. Explain.

Is Hayley's page on the wiki semi-protected or something?

If I try to edit or comment as an user, it tells me there's something wrong with my login session and I need to reload the page.

The 11th Doctor's TARDIS playset was awful - cardboard walls, and no electronic features. Plus all the proportions were wrong.

10th Doctor playset was GOAT. I'd love to have it again. Not paying £50 for it though.

A Capaldi TARDIS would've been awesome

I never even defended her. Just pointed out that she was less shit than Pancakes.

>NARDOLE: Help!
>DOCTOR: We can use the Tardis to hijack the controls and divert it into space! No bomb, no plan, no problem!
>NARDOLE: No, wait! Those things are out there.
>DOCTOR: The ship is crashing! They're not going to be worrying about us!
(The Doctor sonicks the door open and it closes behind Nardole, alone with Weeping Angels.)
>NARDOLE: Ooo! Oh!
>DOCTOR: Okay, plan B.
>NARDOLE: Doctor! Help me!
>DOCTOR: Oh, you'll be fine. This ship will have blown up long before they get to you! Don't blink!
>NARDOLE: Have you ever tried not blinking?... Doctor! What's plan B?
>DOCTOR: I have no idea, but it's going to be a very big relief when I think of it.
>NARDOLE: You are completely out of your mind! Doctor! They're getting closer!
>DOCTOR: Good!
>NARDOLE: My eyes have water in them! What are they gonna do to me?
>DOCTOR: Send you back in time or snap your neck! Whichever you like, really. But don't fret!
>NARDOLE: Why not!?
>DOCTOR: Have you seen your forehead, how it shines? It's a mirror! You'll trick them!

Still working for me

Yeah, I didn't know it was that bad but remember it looking bad and not worth the money.

The Doctor should just make a habit of always carrying a compact mirror in his pocket. That way he can just hold it up and make the angel look at itself — certainly easier than not blinking.
I'd never even thought of that.

If the Coke Doctor didn't think of that, it's hard to imagine any of his other incarnations will.

OMG!!! Andrew Buchan iz sexy!!! Thank God they got rid of that disgusting old guy whatever his name was. No one will ever top DAVID but now I can finally start watching Doctor Who again! YAY!!!

Anyone who is a Doctor Who fan knows Capaldi was the 13th Doctor. Don't let your autism get the best of you.

>Not trying to forget the 50th Episode and the War Doctor/silly Regenerations.

Big Chief

They look bad, especially for the price.

>A hot Doctor with huge tits

Why hasn't it been done already

>Classic Doctor Pops never
They're simple, but I like them.

Colin's tits were pretty big.

Exactly. I can only see this turning out favourably.

when I think moffat is doing a bad job at showrunning I just have to remind myself of the bullshit you guys spout here.

She looks like a Blue Peter presenter from the late 80s.

strawpoll.me/12250294

and you piss yourself laughing?

I don't care much about stronk women representation in media but it will change the dynamics of the show in an interesting way and we might finally get a male companion.

Why does every figurine have a freakishly large head now?

gq.com/story/ben-whishaw-doctor-who
>Remember the last time anyone cared about this show?

It's the chibi style. Supposed to be mass appealing and "cute".

He would be an alright choice but he is too much of a pretty boy for them to not write in a forced romance with whatever companion he gets.

Lmao. Can Moffat sustain so much hate?

>Whishaw's presence on the show would be a boon. Doctor Who has been struggling creatively and financially for a while now under the influence of Steven Moffat, whose cluttered and foolishly ambitious plotting have significantly diminished both Doctor Who and Sherlock alike. Still, there are reasons to be hopeful beginning 2018. This upcoming season, airing in April, will be Moffat's last, before Chris Chibnall takes over as showrunner. Chibnall has written for the show before, but more importantly, created and wrote the intricate, wonderfully acted Broadchurch. Chibnall's partnership with a prestige, well-liked actor like Ben Whishaw would for sure make Doctor Who a more appealing prospect for newcomers and older fans again.

Agent Carter had a male companion, separate from the two eyecandies for the ladies (or at least the homogays), and that worked. Doctor Who can copy that.

As long as they don't also copy the American pattern of "The action lead is a hot chick, so every antagonist also needs to be a hot chick" like Supergirl, Birds of Prey, and, sadly, even Agent Carter. Let her keep fighting an old man in a wheelchair, a crazy-looking middle-aged Scottish lady, etc., just like her male predecessors, and I'm happy.

Congrats on causing 15 minutes of dead air on /who/ as everyone leaves to fap and then ask serious questions about their lives.

>and that worked.
But it got canceled

Speak for yourself. I didn't have to leave to fap.

Yes, but that might have something to do with putting it in the timeslot of an inferior show that's on hiatus for 8 weeks and not advertising it…

I'm pretty sure if you put Doctor Who on during a break in the middle of Class season 2 and don't tell anyone, it's not going to get great ratings, Mr. Grade.

we have to enjoy these female doctor edition threads while we can, it won't be very long until they announce the next doctor and they're another male

speaking of that, does /who/ think they'll do a countdown show like last time? I remember I missed it because I was staying somewhere for the weekend and when I got back /who/ was talking about how capaldi was the new doctor. but even then, when i watched the countdown it was still kind of exciting. I hope they do it again because this time I can actually watch it live

those were good times though, I remember downloading and watching all of the thick of it to try and get an idea of what capaldi was like. as sad as I am to see him go, it's still exciting times. a new showrunner and a new doctor on the horizon

I dont understand this.
Any decent female actor would generate so much hype that ratings would rocket up into the sky.
What are the risks?

It turns out to be shit?

That's the same risk with any Doctor, isn't it?

Alt right redpills (the majority of Sup Forums) will complain about the BBC being cucks.

That's not a real risk though because it won't affect the show or its ratings, it'll just make Sup Forums a little bit more unbearable.

And this whole thread liked the idea of femDoctor since Capaldi announced his leaving. Even the thread would be alright.

Unless they can somehow convince the BBC they represent an important segment like Mary Whitehouse, nobody will listen to them.

Someone mentioned that the live announcement show was only really riding off the hype of the 50th anniversary and probably won't be repeated

Last time I was here this thread would have been full of people having epileptic fits over the thought of a female Doctor. What happened? Did Sup Forums leave? Do we just love Atwell and her big beautiful tits that fucking much?

In the end everyone is ok when it comes to great actor who is charismatic enough to be the Doctor, female or not. Even if you are an alt-right shitter.

>Ugh... Sup Forums.

How brave. Fight the good fight, Tumblr.

I really can't decide who I want more as the new Doctor: Hayley Atwell or Craig Ferguson.

In honor of the passing of John Hurt, I present the first three volumes of the War Doctor's Big Finish adventures. If you enjoy this series, I highly recommend you visit the Big Finish main page and support them by purchasing some of your favorite stories.
bigfinish.com/ranges/v/monthly-series

abcd.com/file/4j24lk3f71bpiu0/WDV123.txt.txt
>Replace ABCD with mediafire
>Follow the instructions.

Also a previous user posted this idea and I think it's a rather good one. Give yourself five minutes and construct 13 episode titles for your theoretical series. I'm also going to suggest we take it one step further and also include which Doctor you would love to star in your series. If you want to take it one step further, include a one to two sentence description of your favorite titles.

1.The Grove of Skulls
2. Anywhere and Everywhere
3. The Burning Hands of Sarn
4. Belly of the Beast
5. The Forgotten Companion
6. The Wheel of Eternity
7. Gambler's Folly
8. Metallic Harvest
9. The Knight of Nightmares
10. Writher
11. Sudden Death
12. The Tomb of the Lost Lords (Pt. 1)
13. Gods of Yore (Pt. 2)

If I had to pick a Doctor to star in this series, I'd actually go with 7. I'm not normally a fan of this Doctor but I built a horror esque theme throughout the season and I feel a manipulative skilled Doctor would be necessary.

I love Atwell, but she doesn't scream Doctor to me. You want a non-famous Tilda Swinton. There's nothing otherworldy about Atwell. She's just prim, proper, pretty, posh and plump in all the right places.

>listens to this Gareth masterpiece today
>there's a giant jelloid alien in it
>it's played by Matt Lucas

Gareth saw everything coming.