Kane or Ronaldo

got to buy a birthday present for a 9-year-old soccer fan.
He "likes everyone" and when I said I'd get him a jersey Kane and Ronaldo were both suggested.
I don't know the players or the game so well as you guys, so I'm asking you who I should get.
Ronaldo seems like a pretty good bro kind of guy - I read the letter he wrote to help out the student in Florida who ran onto the pitch), but I don't know anything about Kane except that he seems to be the player of the moment right now in the press.

tl;dr Getting jersey for kid, so I want a great player AND a good person. Need a true role model.
Kane and Ronaldo were suggested - but if you have other names I'd like to know.

Other urls found in this thread:

sport-english.com/en/news/real-madrid/cristiano-ronaldo-yes-im-a-faggot-but-a-very-rich-one-5641409
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>good person
>footballers
'No.'

Imagine actually getting a Harry Kane jersey given to you on your ninth birthday.

Definitely Ronaldo. Maybe Messi, don't buy that kid a Kane shirt.

...but why?

Do you like the kid? if yes, then ronaldo

>buying him an english statpadder mouthbreathing fraud faggot shirt
Lol, buy him a Tsu/Messi shirt, you fucking retard.

Don't listen to the ABEs. Get the lad a Kane shirt.

Get him a Kane Madrid shirt since he’s going there soon

Ronaldo has autistic-level workrate and a decent guy off the pitch. If I wanted my kid to learn something, it's that hard work will always go hand in hand with how successful you want to be.

buy him a paulinho shirt
he is the true greatest

Is it statpadding when you score two against the current Bundesliga leaders?

Ronaldo is literally a homosexual. sport-english.com/en/news/real-madrid/cristiano-ronaldo-yes-im-a-faggot-but-a-very-rich-one-5641409

definetly TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The good thing about Kane is that he's pretty famous right now and plays for a small team so he's likeable. The problem with Ronaldo is that if the guy likes Barsa or Atleti he's gonna want to burn the jersey and that won't happen with Kane.
You could also look him up on social media and see which team he likes

Get him one with his own name on it.

Bruh, hows that a question? Get him a GODNALDO one and teach him how to TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

he'll be a legend with his friends

>tfw your dad buys you a literal faggot's jersey
t-thanks dad

Wearing this man's jersey totally won't get him teased in school.

This is totally the kind of masculine role model I'd like for my son.

>americhicanito ruining the thread

just

the way JFs talk about Kane you know he worries them

lol
he's literally 8 years old.
he's not on social media.
wtf?

I was thinking of that - but is that acceptable?
I don't want him to be the name equivalent of a full-kit wanker because of my present.

not my kid, for the record
he's my buddy's son

Kane's team and Ronaldo's team play each other tomorrow. Pick whoever scores more

get him one with ur name on, be your lads hero

Kane is not world class, how many times do you delusional bongs have to listen to this before you learn?

>England's Brave Harry Kane, a man from your country's motherland

>The Exterminator of Espanyol

>Ronaldo is a coalburner

Halal makes him a bandwagoner
Spurs makes him a hipster
England makes him a líder

Go with portugal

Loser*

Fucking auto correct

the true patricians choice

Mostly because Kane is a meme. But kids like trendy memes so either him or the lad Vardy are good choices, tho. Plus, both are anglos so it would be more fitting and easier to identify with for a leafy kid than with a portuguese guy.

This.

Burger kids always love the best player in England. I assume leafs are the same.

not even once. reminder that Sup Forums is holy TSUUUUU land

>"I said to him 'If we meet in Madrid, you'll see what I'll do'."
>"What are you going to do?" asked the team-mate.
>"Nothing, what am I going to do?" said Cristiano.
kek

You've changed the argument from "he's a statpadder" to "he's not world class".

Ask your fucking friend. Jesus Christ.

kids love TSUnaldo

>Ronaldo has autistic-level workrate and a decent guy off the pitch.
So is Kane. Kane also is married with two kids instead of spending his time going to nightclubs and not allowing his children to know their mother's identity the way Ronaldo does.

>Kane is not world class
>mfw

cute

Get him a Ronaldo shirt, guy is an all time legend and a pretty cool guy off the pitch.
You could also buy him the plain shirt without name/number.

DO NOT buy him a national team jersey from a country he does not come from. Tacky as fuck.

>mfw
never seen a skinny american desu

No one cares. Kane is overrated dogshit who plays like an epileptic giraffe

Nobody other than Messi has scored more than Kane in the top leagues this year. If anything Kane is seriously underrated.

>Choice between the GOAT and some shit statspadder

Kane obviously

>DO NOT buy him a national team jersey from a country he does not come from. Tacky as fuck.

What is wrong with this? Some retro international shirts look great. I wouldn't even wear an England shirt

Get him Ronaldo, he will still treasure that shirt 50 years from now. People meme about TSUU all they want nowadays, but when the next 2 decades of soccer are shit we are all gonna miss players like him

You sound like you need to give your wive's son a proper man's jersey, so buy him an Icardi!

What does Everton have to do with Harry Kane

i don't know much about soccer, but I've seen enough to know that this guy is a douchebag.

>imagine being this much of a cuck.

Get him a legit Ronaldo shirt and he will remember it for life he sticks to football

I remember my el fenomeno Ronaldo shirt when I was 8-9 years old

Good times

Kane is a cool player and it’s a cool jersey to have. But if he isn’t spurs fan he might not appreciate it as much.

+ kids will bully him when spurs choke as always

England shirts look like shit
Brazilian shirts are iconic

Kane has 20+ PL goals in 3 straight seasons, and he has 7 goals in his first 7 CL games. Among the top leagues he's Europe's 2nd-best scorer in 2017. What on earth does he need to do to convince you that he's world class? Assuming you're using the usual, vague definition of world class being top 5 in the world at his position, can you name 5 strikers better than Kane right now? Or 4? Hell, or 2?

That's mainly because Brazil actually won things, if England had 5 WCs and Brazil had 1 we'd all be laughing at the goofy bright yellow Brazil shirts while praising the based all-white England ones.

Although your shirts do actually look like shit.

>DO NOT buy him a national team jersey from a country he does not come from. Tacky as fuck.
But people do this all the time in Canada, in World Cup years especially.
We'll never make it to the WC because every elite athlete becomes a hockey player, so we choose a country, usually one where our ancestors came from, and root for them.
If that's tacky to you guys, well, I guess it's taky to you guys - but what would you expect us to do , just sulk about not having any connection to the WC, watching the world have fun and cheering for no one?
It's always great when someone wins an important game - if it's an unexpected team especially. All the people from that country, plus the people who choose to support that country will meet up immediately after the game and party in the street. Even non-fans will join in.

It's pretty cool, tBh.
pic related: 2006 WC celebrations in Toronto

Consider this: to kids today, Brazilian shirts mean nothing but 7-1.

Really.
Those jerseys ARE iconic...but in the same way the Washington Generals jerseys are iconic.

Doesnt he have a team? Buy him the striker from his team. If he doesnt have a team you should give him a peice of paper that says 'youre a faggot' on it

Get Messi

Trips for TSU

damn

Now you have to do it, op

get him a rppmey man united shirt. he'll love it