College Athletes

What do college athletes end up doing after they graduate if they don't go pro?

prepping bulls

>if they don't go pro
like 99% of them you mean? they graduate and get jobs and contribute to society

>major in communications
>require help from school to pass their classes

what kind of jobs can they expect to get?

>What do college athletes end up doing after they graduate if they don't go pro?
The exact same thing everyone else does when they graduate minus the crippling debt. The overwhelming majority of college athletes don't make it to the pros. And that is assuming there is a professional league for your sport (swimming).

>muh scholar atheletes

they usually work in sales.

there's a sales guy at my work who is an ex-nfl player.

well if they rape folks, they usually end up in prison

Finishing school, building a small life, and contributing to their community. Occasionally shitposting on Sup Forums

>coach
>high school gym teacher
>personal trainer
That's pretty much what happened to everyone I knew who got a sports scholarship

Blacks in film is a tough class

It IS really funny when black student athletes take BLACK EXPERIENCE IN LATIN AMERICA and are just bored to fucking death learning about poetry from a slave living in Dominica.

lots of them coach whatever sport they played

if they were good at the school, boosters often get them an easy job like
every year a few cfl players retire, then become insurance salesmen around their alma mater and then get called back

seems like a lot of athletes have both parents who were collegiate or olympic athletes, and then get their athleticism from them

ever watch Workaholics, OP?

Go to hell carolina!

GOAT

If you're charismatic, many places will overlook a bullshit degree and just mark down that you have one. Plus most college athletes realize they won't be able to make pro and actually focus on school to a greater degree than the ones who have pro potential.

They end up taking your job because they're more Alpha and physically gifted than you.

so, what we've learned here is that

athletics allow (American) universities to enrich themselves
while allowing the most of the athletes to pretend they got an education...
...until it comes time for full-time employment, at which point their lack of education betrays them and
they are left with an enriched alma mater,memories of muh glory days,
and a career that didn't require a university degree in the first place.

mfw they gave up 4 years of gainful employment to make money for a university instead of themselves.

a lot of public sector unions are full of failed/amateur male athletes

parks board, cops, firemen can all be good paying jobs that are a lot easier to get into if you have some connections

a former lacrosse player told me he was offered assistant fire chief to move to another city back when it was all amateur

thats the rub though. a college degree is the new high school dipolma lots of places require it anyway

except most students pay to go to these universities to learn something completely unrelated to their job, especially the schools with big athletics programs

at least the athletes get all the stacy's on campus

You're conflating male football and basketball that attend "top 25" schools with all the other scholarship sports. Basketball and football are the major money makers so they get special treatment.

>a career that didn't require a university degree in the first place.
That is true for a lot of people who don't major in math, science, or engineering.

The vast majority aren't division I athletes so they go about their shitty little lives then lecture me about how I never played "real" sports.
Bitch you were in a division iii liberal arts college in new hampshire suck my fucking dick.

selling cars

>Is Black
>Gets a D in "Black Experience"

What did he mean by this?

>playing sports as a kid
>teammates dad starts to get involved
>after a few seasons becomes an official coach
>team introduction at first practice
>he says he played international soccer
>ask him about it later

>I played on my college team and we played a friendly against el salvador

he was an accountant

Played div3 college football. Went to the combine and got as far as a rookie mini camp. Now I'm doing sports medicine and work as a Surgical Technician during the off season.

That's about all the info I'll give out.

NO NO NO - PLEASE GIVE US MORE!!!
PLEASE!!!!!
Like your sister Janet's address and your credit card number and your mother Joanna's and your father Denis' passport numbers and whether the guy from McConell Appliance who replaced the heating element in your dishwasher on July 14th, 2017 from 1:30 to 2:45 had body odour or not. PLEASE TELL US

if they were contributors to a big time football/basketball program they get cushy jobs doing jack shit

>Fall 1998
>Black Experience
>D+

>Fall 1999
>Black Experience
>D

How the fuck did he get worse?

Jannet (2 n's not 1) moved out to Newfoundland years ago. dont talk to her anymore since she went apeshit on mom. credit card is 4186 4642 3856 9214. Mom and dad don't travel. Maintenance guy was from sears and smelled like Camels and WD40.

She still single?
Also: going to need the cvv number on that credit card, bro.

Last I knew she was engaged but she's a raging hormonal bitch, probably scared the poor dude off.
Also: what's that?

Remind everyone that they played QB at Ohio State

>black experience
>D

sell medical equipment and threaten to beat up people on /heem/

>How the fuck did he get worse?
Isn't that the Black Experience?

Why is everyone butthurt that he got away with it? He and the roastie were both drunk and he just fingered her... Meanwhile some Tyrone robs the house and kills the parents and kids in it execution style, or some Jamal rapes and kills some teen white girl and you can never see it in the media...

>Meanwhile some Tyrone robs the house and kills the parents and kids in it execution style, or some Jamal rapes and kills some teen white girl and you can never see it in the media
Are you implying the media ignores black crime? Are you retarded? They love that shit. It happens so often that you only hear about the ones people might know, like high profile athletes.

Most of them get real jobs. They're getting an education after all.

Talk for the rest of their lives about how they played in college

Was he actually part of an active roster or just some practice player?

Either way, he was making good money at the time

Hey a lot of the college lacrosse players work on Wall Street 'contributing' to society. Its a nice little club they've got going on.

Try and bang chicks at the bar by saying you were a college baller

radio

That's because there is no dream of hitting it big as a professional lacrosse player. It's truly just a game for them, not a career.

That's true for 99% of college athletes only the top 1% could even dream of going pro and much much less actually do

I'm sure every starter dreams of going to the the NFL, NBA, or MLB. Other sports just don't have the revenue to support athletes who do make it, so it's not worth structuring your life around it

Depends where they went to undergrad. Plenty of those comm majors went on to Wall Street from my school, especially if they played football.

But you? Yeah you're gonna need that econ degree.