What happened to Will Smith?

His son fucked his shit up

he disappeared for like 5 years after hancock

Collateral Beauty looked like a disaster from the first trailer.

How can mirrors be real if box offices aren't real?

they keep putting the word COLLATERAL in american movie titles. instantly makes it sound boring

>he forgot about this epic Cruise kino

Not even Scientology can fix this shit

too much oscarbait

this
His annoying garbage kids fucked up his career. I started to hate him too after pushing these shit kids into movies.

He got too rich for a black man.

easy.

don't expect a powerful comeback after entering hiatus off an underwhelming release his son, whether you like him or not, actually achieved minimal relevancy within the music scene during his father's career absence, further pushing Will away from the spotlight.

Will Smith is a comedic actor. Someone seems to have lied to him and convinced him that he's a good dramatic actor though.

Hollywood only makes about two good movies a year these days, you can hardly blame Smith for that.

Holllll up, ayo hol up, u sayin we sum finna failin careers n shit?

Kevin Hart and The Rock happened. They started filling the gap for action comedies that Will Smith used to make.

because he's an arrogant dickhead?
They wanted him in Independence Day 2 but he wanted some ridiculous amount of money and they told him no and killed off his character.

Whatever happen to Eddie Murphy? The last movie he was in was haunted mansion i think?

the Trump curse has claimed another.

I think Norbit was after the haunted mansion

UNIRONICALLY THIS

WORST TRAILER IVE SEEN IN MY LIFE

LITERALLY THOUGHT IT WAS A PARODY

>FINALLY WE HAVE BECOME COLLATERAL BEAUTY

POOR ED NORTON

never even heard of this flick

he was part of one of the worst box office disasters of the 2000s

How come he don't want me man?

I thought the film looked fucking awful.

Got nothing to do with Will Smith, just that it's a shit film. People don't want romantic dramas with shit like OMG IM LOVE BTW AND I GOT YOUR LETTER OR WHATEVER thrown in.

He's had a string of flops: After Earth, Concussion, Focus etc. He's saved by being part of Suicide Squad, but his days as a stand alone box office draw is over

His latest big budget movie was A Thousand Words in 2012 (another box office failure).

Shrecked?

ALL OF THOSE WERE BETTER THAN HAMFISTED BEAUTY

EVEN TELL DE TROOTH, HIS LAST OSCARBAIT

He defected from the jew faction and moved to the scientology faction.

>budget: $36 million
>worldwide grosses: $80 million (so far)

sure, it underperformed and it was critically panned, but it's not exactly a "box office DISASTER".

He kept starring in dogshit movies. He remains a children's actor.

he's black and the white man still controls the world

You're forgetting the marketing cost during the holidays. Studios are not in it to barely break even, especially with a costly star like Will

I don't think they spent a lot on marketing, compared to many other movies.
They were probably hoping for some oscar buzz.

The ads were everywhere in december. Aside from Super Bowl, the most expensive period to market a movie. You're really underestimating the marketing costs for this shit flick

Why'd he stop doing comedic roles? That was always his best talent.

Maybe you're right. I don't live in the US, after all.
Still, the title of the article is the usual clickbait shit. A box office disaster is when producers lose tons of money, not when the movie makes a small profit over time.

bad thetans

XENU = SATAN CONFIRMED

LISTENING TO SOME OF THE SCIENTOLOGY JARGON IS HILARIOUS, THEY MAKE UP HALF THE WORDS

Are you suggesting doing that turd would have bettered his career?

No, you're not wrong. He's jut an idiot. Sup Forums invents new math for every film they want to spin as a bomb.

A 10 million dollar flick now has to clear a billion to break even according to Sup Forums math.

Mr. Church was well recieved, right?
I haven't watched it, still recovering from the-trailer-spoiled-me-the-whole-movie-so-ill-try-to-forget-about-itytis

Tom was robbed of an Oscar tbph

Honestly this
And frankly "star power" is pretty much dead at this point. It doesn't put asses in the seats

The only real "star" now is probaby the Rock.