I don't hate Scandinavians, but why are they seen as "superior" on this board?

I don't hate Scandinavians, but why are they seen as "superior" on this board?
It was the shittiest part of Europe for most of the time it was inhabited, and they only became better thanks to advancements from somewhere else they adopted and the fact their isolated position enabled them to not get conquered.
They were generally crude and violent people for most of their history.
What exactly makes them superior?

Viking memes mostly.

Because of the viking memes. Sort of like how Serbs are idolized for the remove kebab meme.

WE WUZ OIL AND SHIET

Actually, Norway really got its shit together after WW2, the oil was just a really nice extra.

why so mean, niggermountain?

>What exactly makes them superior?

That little sliver of Russia which lies at their doorstep.

I don't see a lot of people on Sup Forums saying Sweden is superior...

I know.
I'm really not, I'm just asking a question.

They where indeed just a bunch of barbarians, no history and no culture in comparison with the rest of europe. When they were barely able to write and read we were building a wonder city of 1 million inhabitants (Rome). But for a serie of fortunate circumstances the followed a path that eventually bring them to became the wealthiest european region. It's just how history and luck works.

Everyone on Sup Forums is an expert on Sweden didn't you know?

Yeah sure Petersen.

You know that italia is more rich than all the scandinavia combined

Because some people think whites are superior and also see the birds as the purest of the whites hence they must be the best. Ignoring, as you said, that they were the niggers of Europe until about the 18th century when these sorts of racial theories developed. Before then germanics and nords were obsessing over their links to the ancient Romans and all sorts of weird shit came up in an attempt to prove it.

Finland and Iceland aren't even part of Scandinavia

We were a great power for a while though. Also a fuck ton of inventions and contributions to science if you consider the amount of people.

No but people are seen as "superior", and I really don't see that superiority in history.
For example look how Swedes acted in Poland and Germany in 17th century.

Fucking autocorrect. Birds is supposed to say Nords

WE WUZ VIKANGZ

The holes in Swiss cheese are causes by little particles of hay that get trapped in the cheese making process. Over time, these pieces of hay, when combined with the bacteria, cause little pockets of gas that form, which causes the cavities to form.

As the cheese making process became more industrial, and therefore, more sanitized, the holes in the cheese started to disappear. No one was sure at first, until they went back and did the research..... The cleaner the cheese-making environment, the less hay there will be.

No hay, no holes.

Because we went from being the poorest region to the richest in the span of 50 years, in part thanks to oil, in part thanks to good businessmen and in part due to the Marshall plan.

Another thing is that education has been strongly supported and that our averrage person is educated either as a blue collar like electrician or smith or at an university or other higher learning institutions.

+ we have good wages due to a high level unionization, yet our unions aren't southern siatans that strike everytime a new labour reform is passed. So there is a reasonable balance between the workers and the business owners, which turns into more wealth for everyone.

Beacuse the übermensch orginated from here.

And so is France. But I don't even have to explain the fact that their welfare and the quality of life is far higher than ours. Or at least then the italian one.

Not really superior, but they're very intelligent and capable of building advanced civilizations.

Sweden in particular had a powerful empire and to this day is really good at engineering and science.
Historically, the only thing holding back Scandinavia is their low population, per capita Scandinavians are impressive.

>They were generally crude and violent people for most of their history
>It was the shittiest part of Europe for most of the time it was inhabited
These are objectively false

Are you trying to say that you were in fact kings and we were still in caves when you built the colosseum?

Geographically no, culturally you are. Finland was ruled by Swedes for centuries.
Not saying that's not true, but it was you picking up on advancements from elsewhere, it was nothing native.
It's still impressive but it's just like last 150 years out of 1200 years of Scandinavian history.

It really wasn't. Norway was in an economic slump post WW2 and was the poorest country in the Scandis aside from Iceland, who had the excuse their entire population was the size of a city.

Norway was literally shitting themselves until the oil came through and they made good use of the money by investing in EVERY facet of their economy as a result.

Norway was laughably poor by western europe standards until the oil drilling began.

>This

my nigga :^)

Was Sweden the first nation to march on Moscow and get utterly BTFO or were there any before?

So as a venetian i'm half superior? Das good Rudolf. I'm the cousin that can cook and know art and shit, i like it.

Wow classic American poster - knows nothing of history or the outside world.

It's like having a thread about how to make a decent bathroom and inviting the Indians to give their input.

You really don't know what you're talking about, montenigger.

Of course it was a slump post WW2, the germans literally levelled entire cities and killed most of their population, and yes the economy was rising after WW2. Oil was a part of it but not the deciding factor.

Not an argument

Mediterraneans were always the real masterrace. Everything North was always regarded as savage/barbaric.

>powerful empire
Militarily powerful "empire". They were literally fueled by French money and had the luck of having several competent kings.
>objectively false
But it's true.
This is what I'm talking about, you people whitewash history.

And then the australian shitposter shows up

Yet, the truth.

Yes, that's how inventions, science and art works, nothing is made from scratch.

Mongols burned Moscow but it was pretty irrelevant back then.
Poles captured Moscow.
So yeah.
What did I say that was wrong?
Denmark was kinda better but Sweden and Norway were quite deserving of shithole status for most of their history.

They're the friendliest and most trustworthy people. They're also intelligent and good looking.

REEEEEE I tried to give quality input!!!

Nobody takes us seriously!!!

You cannot judge the future from the past

Lithuania was a very very powerful nation in its day, now their people come here for slave wages because we earn ten to twenty times their average salary.

And Denmark has been a united country for a thousand years, and at its height controlled England and later controlled Norway and Sweden plus a sizeable chunk of Northern Germany.

Not really

At one point before ww2 we had the worlds third largest merchant fleet

The mongols did, but they had much more succes

They were literally a Great Power, that is no small feat.

>But it's true.
>This is what I'm talking about, you people whitewash history.
No you retard, Russia was objectively worse.

>corrupt, lazy degenerates
>master race

No but you could say English progress was in big part thanks to English for example.
Everyone borrows but Scandinavians borrowed most of things and progress elsewhere allowed you to elevate yourself from poverty.

I'll also add they're hard workers, they're ancestors couldn't afford to be lazy or they'd die to the harsh environment.

>literally invent most inventions
>conquer all of the northern hemisphere at one point or another
>most intelligent and beutiful (and tall) people on the planet
>least cucked most right wing subcontinent in the world
every single civilization was initially founded by nordics (read: ancient egypt, the mayans, ancient Greece, ancient chinese and japanese, modern day america) then got co-opted and collapsed once the nordics fucked off back home
>still the most advanced and wealthy place in the world
>this little nigger from monteNEGRO has the audacity to even question the greatness of the superior nordic race
what even is your country

>italians
>romans

someone gets it

You have the wrong pic

Kiev was one of biggest cities in Europe in medieval period.
You have a really simplistic view of history.
Russia was a great power since early 18th century and owns 1/8th of landmass.
But you can't claim superiority on the basis of being at the top in present moment.

They're objectively the best looking people.

WE WUZ:
EGYPTIANS
GREEKS
CHI-FUCKING-NESE
NIPPON
BURGER
ETC

Are all Brits this clueless or is it just you?

>picking up on advancements from elsewhere

You'd be surprised on how many advancements and inventions that's been made in Scandinavia!

If you add together all nordic countries in the pic... it's not so bad

This. Well I got the short end of genetics but majority of girls you see here are all quite gorgeous with fit bodies.

That's to do with culture

Epic.
Maybe men.

>Geographically no, culturally you are
>t. absolute retard
It's the exact opposite. Geographically we are in the Scandinavian peninsula, but we do not belong to the historical and cultural definition of "Scandinavia"

He's American you're lucky if he can point to any of these countries on the map. He must have been the top geography student of his school

But wasn't that last 200 years or so?
Look I'm not saying you're inferior, the land you live on presented a huge challenge itself.
But I don't see any superiority either, except one invented by racial pseudo-science.

>Maybe men.

Even the average Nordic women that I've seen are beautiful.

Gays, progressive, feminists, anti religion literally degeneracy itself
>master race

Plus Scandinavia has a small population.
Per Capita, they're pretty great Can't you read Nigger?
That is from 1400 to 1950.

The premise of what you said was correct. The only people claiming the nords are the most superior are the people obsessed with aesthetics. They were euroniggers once upon a time but they're in a situation today where they're the wealthiest of the world. That location has changed throughout history and it'll change again.

Okay, I stand corrected.
That girl is not beautiful by any measure. But taste is taste I guess.

>not including greenland, svalbard and jan mayen

Go away nigger mountain, your opinions are shit.

I've travelled a lot of the world and I'd say Denmark Iran and Russia had the 3 best looking women. Just ridiculous the women you see everywhere. Poland and sweden were close up there

>That girl is not beautiful by any measure. But taste is taste I guess.

Spotted the fag.

i don't think they're superior, but you have to at least respect Denmark.

Agree on the first two, although I'd put Swedish women ahead of Russian.

The difference is the countries the Nordics/Scandinavians are competing against.

In today's terms our combined population is ~24m. That's extremely small on a world scale, and not even a good size in the European scale.

It's more about what the people did to defy odds, for example the Swedish Empire managing to crush the Polish Kingdom, or even be a foe to be respected by the Russians.
It could be the Norwegian trade empire which had the biggest trade fleet in the world at some point.

It could be a lot of things, things that aren't easy for small nations.
That said, you are correct that most of it is pseudo-science, based mainly off "racial purity" because of the genetic mutations we've had due to the area we live in.
Added in the reputation the Nordic people and countries have, you end up with this superiority shit.

>High levels of education
>Low unemployement
>Lots of science and engineering from Scandinavia
>Low corruption
>Low crime rate
>Good looking
>Tall
>Discovered a shit ton of elements

There is plenty to choose from. Per capita we're doing pretty fucking good m8. But i don't really think we're being seen as superior by the average Sup Forumsack.

Yeah that's pretty much my point. It's fetishism (is that even a word in English?).
No, I just don't find that pretty.
Their women often have blocky faces and tiny eyes. They look piggish.

Interestingly I thought these countries had the ugliest men too. Russians men look dumb as shit, like thugs (same with Poland). Iranian men either looked effeminate or like gorillas.

>monteNEGRO

That's true, the Slavs look like the propaganda posters, stereotypes and memes. I thought that Dutch men were the best looking.

I agree m8.
That's true. Slavic men are kinda ugly, it's due to feminine features.

>The mongols did, but they had much more succes

As repeated countless times before, the Mongols fought a bunch of rival principalities and scattered cities without central rule, the Swedes, Germans and French fought a mighty Russian unified and centralized state.

>it's due to feminine features.

That is fucking hilarious m8

Gr tralling brah.

People all over the world admired them in the 70s for their peaceful,advanced and equal societies.
From commies to yanks,not kidding.
The memes kinda stuck from there onwards as most people in Europe don't know about what's happening in Sweden for example.

I think the big issue is that the Mongols actually wanted to invade in Russian winter so they could feed their horses melted snow and use the frozen rivers as highways for their horde. They were he greatest pre-guns army the world has has ever seen.

>They were he greatest pre-guns army the world has has ever seen.

It is easy to be the greatest army when your cavalry forces outnumber the enemy cav by a factor of 10-30.

Avoiding both world wars while literally building the 3rd Reich with their iron and other ores, and housing fleeing German capital in the interbellum *might* have helped Sweden. Norway is huge, has little population, large hydroelectric potential and vast oil reserves put to good use, and not to fund palaces, golden cars and harems.
And Sweden was god tier in 16th and 17th century, exporting most of European copper and iron/steel (best Italian and German armourers imported Swedish iron ore), as well as timber to NW Europe. They had watermills and windmills powering their industry that early.

I don't know, maybe because they're one of the few first world countries in Europe
For all the memes about Serbia and Russia and Poland and every other place, those dumb fucking 1st worlders don't realize how easy they have it where they live so they take everything for granted. Essentially this place is "edgy teen forum - politics edition"

Russians and Poles do have feminine features.
We're a mix of Slavs and natives so we aren't representative.

Rus is a tribe with Scandinavian origin.
All 3-parts of Russia and Prussia are all have Rus origin. And that`s pretty much 2 most powerful european empires on the timeline.

That`s pretty much great contribution to civilisation.

IDK why new-made late scandinavian nations like finns, dutch, norway or priebalts are somehow superior to anything. Priebalts are not even scandinavian.

Pretty blond genes :)

Actually it was almost always the other way around. Subutai defeated Persia, Georgia (70k soldiers pre-prepared for a crusade) Russian principalities and their turk allies with an expeditionary force of around 15-25k.

That same force was used to protect their flank during their invasion of Surope and later crushed either the Bohemian or Hungarian army that outnumbered them 3:1. And their main force was about 100k and had huge wins. Historians explain that the contemporaries thought they were invading by the millions because they seems to be everywhere in the nation at once. They had a highly mobile horde but one of the reasons it's called the greatest army is because they consistently best armies that outnumbered them 2 or 3 to 1. Anyways they entered Europe with maybe 125k horsemen and soundly defeated everyone. Subutai was marching on Germany but was called back to Mongolia to elect the next khan.

Norway isn't a new nation by any means, it predates Sweden.

>Actually it was almost always the other way around.

Firstly I said cavalry forces not total numbers.

Secondly, those numbers are bullshit.
The Russian chronicle states only 10 000 at Kalka, Georgia could barely muster 5-10k in that time period, Poland was not even a kingdom at the time and half of the Hungarian army was not even at the battle.

For fuck sake they stated that Samarkan had a 40 000 man city garrison, it is all Mongol glorifying bullshit.

"Slav" means "related to Byzantine".
[en."word" = slav. "slovo"≈modern greek "λόγος" as in "In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God, and the WORD was God"]

Rus people are related to Byzantine (aka the genuine Roman Empire) by Christian culture and have scandinavian origins, it`s not a mix of anything.

Its pol tentacel reaching farther out to destabilize eu.

Thats all.

First ass kissing then raping.

>Russians and Poles do have feminine features.

Bullshit.
You are being mislead by their pretty green/blue eyes.

Their facial structure is little to no different than ours and our guys are bruttish as fuck.

Have you seen

Sure mongol

T. Inbreed mongolid the mongolian