Gandalf the WHITE is a main hero

>Gandalf the WHITE is a main hero
>Saruman of MANY COLORS is a main villain

What did Tolkien mean by this?

He was a huge liberal

>Tolkien had Saruman choose to move from White to Many-Coloured because it is what white can be broken down into. Saruman thinks this choice reveals his wisdom, but Gandalf explains the reaction as Tolkien, disliker of modernity and machinery (as described in Letter 154, "I am not a 'reformer' (by exercise of power) since it seems doomed to Sarumanism."), would have it - it signifies that Saruman "has left the path of wisdom".

Classical liberalism is nothing like this anti white abomination we have now that passes for "liberalism"

tolkien and his works are white aggrandizing garbage

no surprise from a british imperialist cunt

sauron is actually the good guy

orcs don't even have their own capital

He was a huge liberal

He would hardly be considered a liberal today. He was a catholic and a pretty reactionary one at that.

He was also a deeply religious and conservative man

Found the Jew.

They literally had all of Mordor and Minas Morgul

bump

>They literally had all of a desolate wasteland and a city ruled by dead faggots
Gee Gorbag, how come the Eye lets you have two shiny shirts?

If they made LOTR today people would be bitching about the lack of PoC as role models

When they remake it, I guarantee Legolas, Aragorn or Boromir/Faramir will be black.

not an argument

Gimli would be a man who identifies as a woman.
Legolas would be Idris Elba.
Aragorn would be gay for Arwen who would be another black man because all Elves are black now.
Boromir would be an openly misogynist cis scum just like patriarchal father while Faramir would be a stronk independent womyn who don't need no man.

Just love to trigger Sup Forumstards, that's all

It's funny because Saruman wore a rainbow cloak witch constantly changed colours and looked as the most faggot thing you can imagine

spbp

of course, Sup Forums will ignore this and try to turn it into a race thing so it fits their agenda

It's just a meme thread lad, no need to get butthurt

no one in here is serious m8 relax

not an argument

haha you got me, friend

i'm not even a Sup Forumsfag but these short cuts really stood out when i watched the movie in the theater. i'm not saying there aren't black or asian people in middle-earth but the way they were put to the forefront of the crowds and focused on really rustled my jimmies

really stimulates the ol' grey matter huh

For You

Be that as it may, he was still a huge liberal.

Present the evidence

>Forgive me, my brother, my captain, my king
>lol no I don't associate with toxic cis nazis

>Villian is called Sauron
>Villian's sidekick is called Sauron man

BRAVO HACKSON!

>called Sauron
only by sauron's enemies

He acted like a huge liberal.
He talked like a huge liberal.

He was a huge liberal.

Insufficient evidence