What's your favorite slasher flick, Sup Forums?

What's your favorite slasher flick, Sup Forums?

> Halloween 4
> Cold Prey
> Cold Prey 2
> Halloween 2

And in 5th place...
> Friday the 13th Part 6 - Jason Lives

Got a consistent nag to marathon the Nigthtmare films.

bump

Carpenter's Halloween.
Nightmare on Elm Street 4.
Child's Play.
Saw.
Devil's Rejects.
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

This was surprisingly good

>Nightmare on Elm Street 4.
You mean 3 right?

1982's Alone in the Dark. It's surprisingly very well-made. Even kino-level in some aspects.

No, you read that right. I have a soft spot for the fourth. I can understand people liking the third best though.

yeah

also

Well I like 2 & 4 so I can't condemn.

I'm not really into slashers, but I think it must be the original TCM and its remake (I unironically think that the remake was kinda good, and I liked the prequel as well). I think that Leatherface is an interesting type of villain, but it's just, you know, my opinion.

>(I unironically think that the remake was kinda good,
No almost everyone agrees the 2003 remake was good to great.
VASTLY better then 2, 4 & the newest film.

Basically it goes like this...
TCM = Among the best slashers ever.
TCM2 = Ether a unholy horrific abomination or a brilliant parody.
TCM3 = Good but standard fair slasher.
TCM4 = Fucking awful aside from a fun turn by Mcconaughey
TCM2003 = Good to great
Beginning = meh
3D = Was meh until the horrible change in Daddario's character & them trying to make us sympathize with fucking cannibals.

a rare case of a remake being better than any of the official sequels, I suppose.

The Friday the 13th remake wasn't that bad either. I liked seeing Jason move faster. Had they put more care in the script they might have made something more remarkable.

>Beginning = meh
I think it was on par with TCM 2003 because it wasn't really different from it (apart from giving Leatherface some backstory). It's not really special but alright as a standalone slasher film.

I always thought that TCM2 was borderland satirical because it made fun of everything about the first film as well as of itself.

Sleepaway Camp 2 & 3. I know the original has THAT ending but I've a soft spot for the campy sequels.

Agreed, I was talking general public consensus.

I am so god damn salty they are doing another reboot instead of just doing a sequel to the 09 film.
Fuck.

Sorry this was meant as a response to...

>TCM2003 = Good to great
I'm never going to understand the pass this movie gets. It doesn't do anything interesting, it certainly doesn't hold a candle to the original and it looks and feels like every other modern horror to come out at the time. I'm convinced people only liked it because Jessica Biel is hot.

Yeah i hear you. Sad thing is the movie didn't bomb so much because it was bad (it was as good as every past Friday the 13th) it's just that this type of slashers were a product of their era, and nowadays, slasher films are not what most young adults enjoy watching in the theater. I really think the reboot will bomb again regardless of its quality.

>I'm convinced people only liked it because Jessica Biel is hot.

Could you provide some more evidence to your claim?

I didn't bomb tho, it was the 2nd highest grossing of the franchise.