I marathoned the first six episodes in January, when does this shit get interesting?

I marathoned the first six episodes in January, when does this shit get interesting?

Also why the fuck is the CGI worse than an early 2000s RTS video game intro cinematic when better stuff was available at the time (ST:DS9 for example)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mYq-XJ5XfkI?t=2m6s
youtube.com/watch?v=YZfgWdsppVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>when does this shit get interesting?

After those six episodes, the first season really only works as an intro establishing the world that they inhabit.

It's like saying, I watched the first 10 minutes of an old James Bond movie, when does shit get interesting?
well.. once you're past the introduction where its peaceful.

>Also why the fuck is the CGI worse than an early 2000s RTS video game intro cinematic when better stuff was available at the time (ST:DS9 for example)

It's early 90s CGI and their budgets were always shit, it gets better though

Cgi was made in early 90's and used Amiga software. Hang on the first series and rest will be awesome.

Also the actor who played Sinclair turned out to be mentally ill so he had to resign the part.
that's why in season 2 there's a different captain introduced, damn shame cause it really created a weird storyline where they quickly had to rewrite Sinclair stuff to work for the new captain.

So if it comes across as strange, realize that originally the story was pretty solid.

It gets good, really good and by the time it ends you may even cry.

Ohh okay, I had that spoiled for me accidentally before. I thought it was actually part of the story but now that I know it was something changed I feel better.

Wow. That really blows.

Man I know mosy people mock it but I still love those graphics, there's nothing else like it is there?

And if anything it was supported by some awesome sound design

>that scream

youtu.be/mYq-XJ5XfkI?t=2m6s

>ST:DS9 for example
It had 3x the budget per episode than B5 did, and still looked like shit and had the writing of a playground of schoolkids in comparison. B5 was superior in every respect except for available money.

the CGI is pretty bad but I love the space battles. How the Star Furies maneuver is great and more realistic than most sci-fi

>can't praise one without attaacking the other
This is why nobody takes our fandom seriously, you dumb Drazi.

not before s3, but it pays off

the first season is pretty boring

but if you actually go back and watch the first season after watching the rest of the show its really good

I have noticed already how many other franchises ripped it off blatantly and got away with it because its so unknown compared to other mainstream scifi. I get a lot of DS9 vibes (I know about the disputes), and also a LOT of Mass Effect vibes.

Please don't spoil anything but to my understanding and feeling the plot will have a similar structure to Mass Effect

There is also a little BSG thrown in there too. This Garibaldi guy is like a less drunk colonel Tigh sometimes

mass effect is basically a rip off of babylon 5 or at least heavily influenced. apart from the shit game.

Did you watch the first movie?

Yes. Why did they get rid of that sassy ass asian bitch?

I'm trying to pick up on the small details, there was some talk about some shadow council shit, I think that will connect on to why the war suddenly ended

Also I just saw the episode with telepath Chevok and those secret powerful god-like aliens that the Narn know about but don't understand or something.

It's a pretty comfy show so far, but I was just concerned it wouldn't pay off but this thread has reassured me and now I'm pretty stoked.

Just remember it's not like Star Trek in that when something comes up in one episode, they won't just forget about it.

That's a good episode, it shows that G'Kar is kind and decent at times.

Also, there are a bunch of those God-like aliens in B5. Some of them refuse to interfere with other races, but some of them love to interfere.

Watch DS9.

>Yes. Why did they get rid of that sassy ass asian bitch?

There had been a year between filming the pilot and the rest of the series and the actress had moved on.

They forget about a ton of stuff in DS9.

See - THE DOMINION because they were way too powerful to make a war arc out of so they nerfed the shit out of them.

G'Kar and Londo have the best story arc. You really get invested in them.

youtube.com/watch?v=YZfgWdsppVM

.....there was a war arc

but I know what you mean by nerfed..IIRC they just said federation scientists had studied dominion shields and weapons and figured out how to effectively combat them since the Odysseys first encounter.

Londo and anyone is great, especially when he goes gambling with Lennier

>my face when he told Lennier what he was using to cheat

Do you think Babylon 5 would've just hand waved one of their characters spending 20 years in a prison? Or make one of the main characters a changeling even though none of the previous episodes hinted at it?

>Do you think Babylon 5 would've just hand waved one of their characters spending 20 years in a prison?
Yes. Many characters on B5 are tortured, but only Garibaldi and G'Kar have any ill aftereffects.

>Or make one of the main characters a changeling even though none of the previous episodes hinted at it?
If you mean Bashir, they explicitly told us in earlier episodes that he had secrets (even though the writers hadn't decided which secrets in particular yet).

That O'brien prison shit was THE WORST

I'm talking about changeling Bashir who in the previous episode performed fucking brain surgery.

How is that a problem? Why do you say that changelings can't learn how to do brain surgery?

bad example. beginning of james bond movies are usually epic.

But the main point is it wasn't planned, B5 plans seasons ahead even small stuff.

It wasn't as bad as the one where Molly became a ferral teenager.

>But the main point is it wasn't planned
False. Your main point was that Star Trek forgets stuff and B5 remembers stuff (see ). This new point about planning ahead is just a smokescreen.

I guess you forgot.

But since B5 forgets stuff too, "Watch DS9" is a valid counter to that complaint about Star Trek.