Yes
>Soundtrack
Yes
>Story
The story is good, but not kino.

no

Why do we have this thread 5 times a day lately

youtube.com/watch?v=450WwnXxspU

in fact it's anti art trash that turned real kino into lunchables tier hogwash for video game players

The story is absolute kino.

because eva is good.

Pleb babby from /r/movies just watched it and now thinks hes deep. Pretty simple stuff

how is the story not kino?

Some of its messages and characters interactions sure, but I swear to Christ they pull out some bullshit out of nowhere that was never mentioned or developed on before in the show. Like that giant egg that came out of nowhere.

Please, tell me more about anime discussion is somehow worse than capeshit, GoT, and Sup Forums-tier shitposting

>watch first episode
>it's sexy anime girls surrounding a schoolboy who has to pilot a giant mech to fight other mechs

I don't know what I expected from the reputation it has, but bog standard weeb shit wasn't it.

>giant egg that came out of nowhere
Wasn't that how the adam and lilith seed arrived in the first place?

Wow the shitposting spammer totally made me look like the bad guy now!!

you have to keep watching, user-kun.

Is FMA kino?

Tha "original" that is. Not Brotherhood, that shit is basic shonen trash

They never said anything about in the show before I think, as well as this Shinji dad states the reason he was so distant because he didn't want to bring him pain, which is kinda full of shit as he was the one who brought him into the whole nervous operation in the first place so he didn't care to a certain extent.

If you play a PS1 Evangelion game that was never translated you would know about the First Race , plebian

basically aliens who seed planets with either the black or white moon (Adam and Lilith seeds) One created man and one created angels

The ayylmaos fucking goofed it up and left two on earth

Lance of Longinus was a stopgap they gave us to shut down one of the moons

Sorry meant nerv fucking auto correct

brotherhood is
'original' is a dumpster fire

the og series subverts a lot of anime tropes
they are more than just 'sexy anime girls' try watching more than one episode before you cast judgement m8

k i n o

>giant egg that came out of nowhere
anta baka?

What was his endgame?

Considering he knew how to open doors, Understand human emotions. Read. Understand Nippon.
He's actually really intelligent, His IQ must be over Gendo's at this point.

Evangelion saved anime. It's more than just what's in the first episode. It's how it spawned so many clones and pushed the medium back from the brink.

It deconstructs the genre

Friendly reminder he pronounced Evangelion the right way and saying Gelion makes you look like a fucking weeaboo.

The manga adaption is better than the anime and EOE

not even memeing

Ritsuko literally tell Misato about the black moon of lilith, goddamn.

>spam has been up for 25 minutes
Noted swagshit and co

That's the thing, I've looked at reviews of the series deconstructing evangelion and explaining what it all really means but most of the time they've gone back to manga which goes in throughly of the whole back story explaining what the angels, adam, Lance and whatever really mean. I don't even think the show subtley stated what these things were and I think the only way you can find out is by reading the manga so it's a failure on the TV show that it couldn't get these plot points across. Though if I have missed something that subtley stated them in the series then whoooooops.

>Like that giant egg that came out of nowhere.

Half of the show is set inside the giant egg.

Did you not notice that the Geofront is a big hollowed-out sphere where Lilith was found?

She made her choice.

They all have one.

No you missed the point of the TV show

It was about the characters, not how the ayyliens got there. The origin of the angels was left out as it should have been because it doesnt really matter. You are supposed to focus on shinji and the rest of the characters as they interact

all the backstory about angels in other media was put in for the benefit of autists

Well I guess I gotta watch it again, but I swear some of the stuff in the show doesn't even give a hint as to what some major plot elements mean in the film. Or it could be it was all too subtle4me and I'm 2stupid.

it's not worse, it's the same.

>casting judgment after watching only the pilot
It's not even like they're cliched "sexy anime girls." They're pretty but they're just normal-looking girls, it's not like they have the ridiculously giant tits or anything

And this is explained to you in the television show ending. I'm surprised people don't get it. I really liked the original ending. It's pretty basic, everyone expected something like End of Evangelion to happen, but it was never about that, you weren't watching because you cared where the monsters came from, what mattered was Shinji and the rest.

Exactly, that's what I loved about evangelion the most, the interactions between characters and it's deep, insightful messages about communication between people and all that jazz. Even then I still enjoy how fucking weird all the alien shit is I just I think most people are fucking lying when they knew exactly what was happening when I think some of it most of the time its all really, disconnected surreal symbolism.

Not even Anno knew what everything meant, he literally just threw shit in there "because it looked cool"

Beyond kino

You know swap the hair around with any of the characters and you probably couldn't tell who they were with their same face.

wow what a pleb tier comment

you are pathetic

Either way at least the film clearly stated what was happening with earth and with its inahabbitens being turned into tang and how shinji was the one to decide it all. The other stuff that leads onto that event to cause it can be taken one way or the other.

Oi I said hair not hair colour you fucking piece of shit.

who is the best angel and why is it Leliel?

Still here, pleb?

People who prefer the 'original' are walking, talking proof of nostalgia bias.

You're unnecessary.

right off the bat al's voice actor suited (no pun) the character better in the original, got too old so it sounded weird in bh

right off the bat, that is a very minor detail.

Have you ever had a grown up kiss Sup Forums? Be honest, you are anonymous after all.

I don't understand guys, you're proving my point.
Ok to an extent swapping hair with certain nge characters you would definitely tell that's someone else, buts just that Shinji and asuka almost look identical as well as some other characters

I'm almost certain she only did that and said those things to motivate him. Otherwise prove me wrong.

Shouldn't those headset things be white like the plugsuit, not blue like her hair?

no shit, anyone who thinks she meant any of that stuff missed the point of the show.

I'm still right werether you keep posting this weebshit.

Which is Asuka's?

>robots jumping around on the decks of ships.

Ya, your masterpiece is chink cartoon tier.

The most obvious one of all, as she wears it constantly, and yet the one most people have the trouble seeing.

BUT ITS ABOUT THE CHARACTERS DILEMMAS WHEN THEY PILOT THOSE ROBOTS TO JUMP AROUND ON SHIP DECKS YOU PLEB.

Quite the contrary.

>series set in japan
>all characters look white
????

She wears her headset/hairclips most of the time. But how are they a memento?

>tfw no doujin of Shinji being forced feminised by asuka aswell as brainwashed to get pegged by her and every other women in nerv

They symbolize the most important thing to her, just like the rest of the items. Asuka's whole identity is about being a pilot, so she wears her pilot dongles 24/7 to show everyone that she has value. When she loses her cat ears, she loses the will to live.

Misato's cross also goes away from her when she dies, which symbolizes her hope for humanity, that she passes on to Shinji.

;^)

ngrfgt

Shouldve been black and set in Detroit.

Never seen Evangelion and the only animes I likes were Cowboy Bepop, Akira, and Ninja Scroll.

Should I watch it?

Watch the rebuilds instead user, they're way better

Yes
Everyone should watch eva regardless of if they like anime or not

Where should I start the show?

Kek

Watch Code Geass

Beginning works for most people.

Why can't you faggots contain yourselves to Sup Forums?

It's simple really

>MANDATORY
The 26 episode series and EoE
>OPTIONAL
Rebuild trilogy

For sureIs it on Hulu or Netflix? I don't have a computer atm

Because anime discussion on Sup Forums is objectively better than anime discussion on Sup Forums

Jesus I where did you get that? This is the proper one.

what's the title of this, friendo?

Actually, you can skip the last two episodes of Evangelion because they were pure shit and the only reason why EoE was made.

I miss Rei.

>Angel's Egg
Damn son I don't think you're wrong

Nah user, just pick up the platinum collection on eBay, they're pretty cheap.

>Why can't you faggots contain yourselves to Sup Forums?
it's like this isn't an anime website first