Muh..muh silmarils muthafucka

Muh..muh silmarils muthafucka

Weekly /LOTR/ thread dedicated to meming a new movie based on The Unfinished Tales or The Silmarilion.

Movie based on the First Age and the fall of Morgoth when?

I don't think it should be made, at least not yet while our CGI is still primitive. If it focused on Beren and Luthien it might be good though. Same with Children of Hurin.

Feanor was a fucking faggot reject who filmed his race over a bunch of shiny gems like the magpie he is

The Silmarillion is just a collection of ripoffs of actual Greek/Norse/Finnish mythology, and stars a bunch of boring, interchangeable elves who are very difficult to keep track of or remember. It would make a shitty movie.

noldor in general were fucking dumb. teleri at least had reasons for what they did beyond muh silmarils

vanyar op

t. Morgoth

Na just go back to costumes like lotr and use cgi for the stuff you cant costume

Why the fuck would you ever want this, it'd be trash made to appeal to cunts like this

>Every 5 seconds some narrator stops to explain some shit that doesnt need to be explained because the average moviegoer can't figure shit out for themselves

Why can't it be told in narrator style though? Have it told by elrond to another character and boom, you got the attachment to the main series and the hobbit if you include Ancalagon that will draw in both normies and fans. Dont be a negative nigger

beren was mary sue desu senpai

beren utterly failed though and had to be saved by luthien, who singlehandedly defeated sauron

All I'm saying is that if they make it now, it'll look like The Hobbit.

I don't want any of Tolkien's works to be made into movies anymore. Anything done will be WE WUZ KANGZ'D to shit.

It's "[...] indicates a Noldo's confusion [...]" and [...] Noldor mumble [...]" you fag.

>Why can't it be told in narrator style though?

Did I say it couldnt be told in narrator style? The fellowship of the ring had some narration in it and then it stopped to allow the focus to shift to the characters themselves. I think too much narration would make it seem boring or too much like a documentary.

a musical focusing on Eru or whatever that was singing the world into creation

>Goes to war over a bunch of stones

Valinor must have been boring as fuck

This. Do you really want nigger elves running around?

Imagine a Silmarillion opera man

Soooo you're basically saying you have no issue with a silmarilion movie...?

No bigger elves included thus far, don't think there will be any in a silmarilion movie. Chris "living off dadies money" Tolkien wouldn't let them do it

Never, faggot.

The Tolkien estate will never allow it, and rightfully so.

Also Tolkien threads Sup Forums are only ever filled with people who learned everything they know about the material from poorly edited wiki articles so fuck off all of you.

I will never understand love for this.
The movies were fine. The books, not so much.

>Chris "living off dadies money" Tolkien

He's tenured at Oxford you fucking moron.

>>Chris "living off dadies money" Tolkien
He's a very well respected literary scholar in his own right. I know you might not realize because you're completely devoid of ability yourself, but he compiled The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales into readable, coherent stories from scraps and unfinished writings of his father's, which is no mean feat.

fuk off chris

>Still mad because his Denethor sperg got BTFO

>I watched the movies when I was 11 so I think they're perfect

Alternatively fuck OFF Peter.

I could insult you, but I'll give you the honest answer: it's one of those things for many, but not for everyone. What stops most people from reading it is the slow pacing, and admttedly it doesn't always flow well, but I think this is mostly due to Tolkien's inspirational sources, such as epic tale, which often had a lot of deviations completely unrelated to the main plot.

Fun fact: Don Quixote's fist part is so full of said deviations that the introduction to the second one actually aknowledges how fucking annoyed everyone got with them and guarantees the next part will be more straightfoward.

A downfall of Numenor movie/tv series could be pretty cool

>silmarilion documentary
that would be actually pretty cool

>finnish

Typo much? I think you ment

>mongolian