en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxana
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun
wired.com/2010/11/1110mars-climate-observer-report/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>thinking that anyone here actually watched the movie

>5 rupees were deposited to your account

WE WUZ SPACE N SHEET

this shit is getting more embarrassing by the second

what's next, the inspiring story about the forgotten black ladies that helped alexander conquer asia?

Why are you so upset, though?

>this shit is getting more embarrassing by the second
What is, your meme? "OH MASSA IT'S NASA" is way better and you're still using that old shit?

Some people dont like fiction

You do know Alexander married a mudslime lady, right?

They even covered this in the Alexander movie.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roxana

yeah but i don't think she designed his army's fucking chariots did she

It's as if showing how a bunch of negress can do advanced math will trigger any Sup Forumstard school drop outs who have trouble managing their debts.

Case in point

She was married to Alexander and had an influence on his military campaigns and political affairs. And why would a chariot need redesigning? If anything, the chariot was aleady being phased out by horseback riding: its why chariots were mainly used for races in later Antiquity.

And I know what you're getting at, but the point is, these three negresses were hired by NASA as mathematicians. And its documented. I know it triggers you, but it makes for an interesting story.

Why do whites get so mad when blacks get their own movies?

Fuck this movie. Sjw bullshit

well, i'm not mad but i'm a little concerned that this movie seemed to take more liberties then any "based on a true story" movie i have ever seen. Instead of some movie exec looking at "black lady gets hired at nasa 50 years ago, she does some math, the end" and saying well that's a boring as fuck story, next. they make these women out to be what they are not. It's almost a complete fabrication. The racism at NASA? (which to all accounts was pretty progressive for it's time) they made it up, may or may not have happened. probably not. black ladies BTFO all the cracker geniuses? ya that probably didn't happen, they made it up. them being critical to the mission? most likely they could have been replaced in a heartbeat like most employees there. In fact, the most likely reason they were hired is that they could be payed less. Some black ladies did some math for money, when racism against them was more out in the open. The end.

I just don't want this to be a trend, because i bet you most people walking out of that movie think that's exactly, or nearly exactly how it happened. I don't like people re-writing history because they are trying to be progressive or get brownie points, or any other reason.

also the scene where she's working with some jewish scientist and he's all like "dude i survived the 6 billion we're both oppressed by whitey"

that is just a 21st century SJW masturbatory fabrication of a dialogue that would NEVER have happened back then

>because most of them are DUDE BLACK PEOPLE DID STUFF YOU WHITE RACISTS DID - SOMETIMES EVEN BETTER

Because they're so fragile they can't even see a movie about black people existing without gettin triggered to pieces

This was the most garbage of 2016's movies and that wasn't an easy accomplishment.

did it for the pussy bud

really brave of you to say that here

>it makes for an interesting story
It does?

If you watched it you'd be able to greentext us the plot

You didn't watch it..

Again see Sure, (you) may not want to watch it. But its clear a lot of people do. Everyone loves a story of an underdog overcoming difficulty to get respect. Its just easier to do it with black people in a white dominated setting in the 50s and before.

Pic related is a more white centric protagonist trying to overcome difficulty in a setting. Richard Dreyfuss actually received the Academy nomination for best actor for this role. But the concept is the same - he was trying to promote a music teaching programme, against a school board that tried to shut it down (and they succeeded in doing so). But he at least got to ( a) perform his opus and ( b) inspire a whole generation of musicians

I smell BS

You didn't watch Hidden Figures, stop

Islam didn't even exist then moron

It's funny since the actual "hidden figures" that got man to the moon were literal Nazi German scientists.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun

I wasn't the guy you were first replying to. I'm just confused as to how this makes a compelling story. They were hired to solve math problems then went home. Was a white guy trying to fuck up the numbers they submitted because he thought they couldn't have found the answers? Were the data wrong to begin with because blackie doesn't deserve the right data?

They were--what three?--in an army of mathematicians NASA hired to do this shit? Why would their story be interesting?

I obviously didn't watch it and am not American so some cultural details is lost on me. Enlighten me, senpai.

muhammed was only a glitter in his grandrapist's eye at that point in history

That's for the sequel.

it was CUTE!

I plan to watch it.

> Was a white guy trying to fuck up the numbers they submitted because he thought they couldn't have found the answers? Were the data wrong to begin with because blackie doesn't deserve the right data?
Could have happened

wired.com/2010/11/1110mars-climate-observer-report/

>They were--what three?--in an army of mathematicians NASA hired to do this shit? Why would their story be interesting?
>army

You think NASA would have an army of mathematicians? Maybe they just happen to be the possible mathematicians, despite being black? Outperformed their white bethren.

The bigger question to ask would be - why would NASA still have a segregationist policy if they allowed Black mathematicians.

Well Armond White also liked it.

HAH

Sup Forums and Sup Forums BTFO

we wuz naza an shiet cuhh

never
listen
Sup Forums

You're on Sup Forums telling me it's good, therefore it's shit.

KINO
I
N
O

>Hidden Figures dramatizes a different social tragedy: the Jim Crow–era segregation that once was in effect at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. But Hidden Figures aims for a more conventional celebration. It honors the Southern black female mathematicians whose calculations were essential to readying the space program.

>Director Theodore Melfi sets up a parallel to the climactic shot in Philip Kaufman’s The Right Stuff , in which the Mercury astronauts walked abreast, with rhythmic deliberation, toward the camera and their own heroism. Here, Octavia Spencer, Taraji P. Henson, and Janelle Monáe lead their co-workers from the “Colored Computers” department through the hallway toward equality, and they march forward.

>No one had measured for progress as the NASA prepared for the computer age, and another good metaphor shows a doorway being enlarged for the mammoth in-coming IBM computers. Hidden Figures isn’t a ground-, ceiling-, door-, or wall-breaking movie, but it entertains through its cast’s charm. Spencer eases into the matriarch role with comic toughness. Henson, recently of the trashy TV series Empire, finally plays a human being who takes some personal responsibility. Monáe lends sass to social determination.

>While Hidden Figures doesn’t address the issues of intelligence and gender roles with the depth and ingenuity of Akeelah and the Bee, the filmmakers avoid sanctimony and show no sense of entitlement. Their approach to history is on a human scale, so that the scene where Henson enters the sanctum of white mathematicians and sits alone, with no one talking to her, becomes emblematic of “progress” among the enlightened class. (But the running gag of Henson’s trekking outside for lavatory breaks doesn’t work. The accompanying song “I don’t want a free ride / I’m just sick and tired of running” is pseudo-soulful grandstanding.)

Why are you so mad