Were it not for nostalgia, direct or inherited, no one would like this boring piece of garbage

Were it not for nostalgia, direct or inherited, no one would like this boring piece of garbage

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/c8N72t7aScY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Dude hating popular things LMAO

>it's an user proudly displays his plebness for all to see episode

>it's le supposed to be boring

honestly my first attempt I turned off after 15 minutes of monkeys

second try I only got an hour in until the classical music space shit bored me to tears

>le
fuck off to r.eddit

Holy fuck you're a pleb. People like you are killing cinema

Yep. It's capeshit.

The cinematography is terrible. Framing is all over the place and hurts the eyes. Only visual effects are good. For its time of course. And what is that sequence with melted colors out of nowhere?

Barry Lyndon is far more engaging and well made and one of my favorite movies though.

Good thing you didn't mention the plot problems. Imagine the triggering ...

Faux patricians love it, gives them a film to feel superior over others about

>Barry Lyndon is far more engaging and well made and one of my favorite movies though.
This. It may be a cliche to say it, but you can literally frame any scene in BL and hang it on your wall like a painting.

I'm reading the book and so far is a blast. Gotta watch this movie

>reading

wrong board idiot

I put this movie on around my cousins and some of their friends awhile back and they kept texting and scrolling trough their phone and they would only look up and laugh when the monkeys would do something silly. They kept making fun of the movie and I finally got so frustrated I told them I had to go the bathroom and I just went and took a nap upstairs

Wasn't a fan of this the first couple of times I watched it, but I watched it again last night and it was great.

>he reads books

Is it 1800 A.D. or something?

I enjoyed the parts where things happened, not really the hugely sparse parts that were basically empty space.

Man children cannot appreciate greatness...unless it has explosions 'n' shit.

It's slow paced, sure, and the space scenes with the music feel out of place to modern eyes, but everything from he moon discovery onwards is interesting suspenseful scifi

Go back to your lightsaber fights, kiddo.

youtu.be/c8N72t7aScY

Pure fucking kino

I'm too dumb to understand it

Well thank god you're here to let us know whether this movie from 1968 is any good op, we've all been wondering what you thought of it. Now we can sleep at night.

no problem buddy

>doesn't know how to use >le correctly
>>>/9gag/
>>>/reddit/

>uses boring as a criticism
>>>/reddit/

t.lowiqfag

You might be looking too hard for something to understand.

>aliens leave easter egg for humans, inviting them out to Jupiter
>human passes through space-warp near Jupiter, and arrives at alien world
>human is sent back to earth as aliens' herald/ambassador

That's it. You might notice something about a berserk computer, but that's just filler.

So literally the whole computer subplot was literally for no reaso connected to the plot?

They made an excuse for that in 2010, which is really a better movie than 2001. But yes, the HAL 9000 plotline is just something to keep you amused until the space voyage is over ...

Who was the baby at the end? Why did the aliens have greek statuettes?

>Who was the baby at the end?
The "reborn" astronaut.
>Why did the aliens have greek statuettes?
To try to make their human guest feel at home. Although they seemed to think he came from 18th century France ...

I don't get it, they invite him to a place, age him, then reborn him? Is there some clever point about this, or is it just wankery

Wankery, I suppose. But it was in the original novel (by Arthur C. Clarke), so it wasn't Kubrick's wankery as such.

You didn't get the film.

The monolith is more than just an easter egg, it's what drives progress on Earth, from the apes learning how to use tools to humans exploring space.

The Hal 9000 bit might seem cliche now but it's about the dangers of technology and how they might turn on us if if they're advanced enough

>make most advanced computer ever
>literally faultless track record
>give it programmed human emotions to be more friendly and welcoming
>makes one mistake
>humans decide to turn it off for being pretty sus about the whole situation
>freaks out and kills everyone out of shame
What the fuck was his problem?

You shut you're whore mouth.

its not supposed to be boring
It also isn't boring

Pretty great movie, in my top 20

They don't age him, he is in a world where time isn't linear, that's what turns him into the star child

By allowing him to control a 4th dimension, he transcends humanity

The original script explains it better

2001 isnt even that good tho

He has witnessed the next stage, like when the monkey's witnessed the first thing alien to them, they ceased to be monkey's and became human, he ceased to be human and went to the next stage, it was rebirth.

>le
Dropped. I want you to go back.