/trek/ - Star Trek Thread

Just marathoned all of TNG, what the fuck did I think of it? Moving on to DS9.

>first episode
>he's much different than Picard
>the writers are aware the audience won't be receptive
>scene where he appeases them
>"and I thought I wasn't going to like him"

I think I'm going to end up really liking this new captain.

Other urls found in this thread:

geek.com/geek-cetera/star-trek-deep-space-nine-condensed-how-to-watch-the-most-story-driven-trek-1613741/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nigger

Skip any episodes that don't involve the cardassians or dominion, you can thank me later

Nigger

>suggests skipping quark episodes

Bitch, my fav ep after in the pale moonlight is the one where quark and odo crashlands on the mountains

All ferengi episodes are garbage

Ferengi are magnificent and don't you forget it.

STD is going to be so awful it will make ENT look like kino.

The biggest mistake the show made was giving us six seasons of a washed out old whore and only giving us one season of her literal perfection successor.

>STD

Its slow at first, but definitely give it a chance. Once they get the Defiant, and the Dominion War starts up, it's GOAT Trek.

Check out this list if you want to stick to the story driven episodes.

geek.com/geek-cetera/star-trek-deep-space-nine-condensed-how-to-watch-the-most-story-driven-trek-1613741/

Jadzia>Ezri forever.

>season 2
>no "The Wire"
Um, that's a pretty essential episode since it introduces the Obsidian Order.

Maybe this list is shit, and you're shit for posting it.

Poof.

Call me crazy, but I didn't really like the long drawn out story like that. I just want a show with bro's going on random pulpy away missions.

DUDE DOMINION LMAO

DS9 is 2nd worst trek next to TOS

Skip it and just start watching Voyager.

>since it introduces the Obsidian Order.
It's also basically the only proof you have that Garak wasn't just a tailor until Improbable Cause, especially if you skip Profit And Loss which is my favourite Ferengi episode.

Terrible, terrible guide.

You are crazy. I thought the later series of DS9 had far too many monster-of-the-week episodes considering the entire quadrant of the galaxy was at war with another quadrant.

I guess it's a difference if you're bingewatching for the whole weekend or doing an episode every now and then. If you go for a binge then a reset every 45 minutes is a bit offputting.

Well see, that's the thing. I would rather not have a long drawn out war at all. I can see why people would want it, but it ain't my thing.