Adventure Time

Actually good and smart or just "lol randumb"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NZ9KM1Zb6Q8?t=11s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's a children's show. It is not supposed to be good, or smart.

That's exactly what I think but I'm trying to understand its appeal in the more grown up audience.

Decent story in later seasons, somewhat interesting worldbuilding, great voices.

But mostly it's
> "lol randumb"?

Those people are not grownups, they are retarded.

I disagree. Comfy first 2 seasons before it becomes pandering to the Hot Topic crowd

I agree I want to fuck the Bubblegum Princess VA as long as she still speaks like her. Her voice is the nicest female voice I've heard.

More like "lol so quirky".

It was a decent children show for about three episodes before they decided to pander to the tumblr audience.

>inb4 Sup Forums or muh sjw boogeyman
I'm not saying anything about sjw or such, it's just that they literally listen to whatever tumblr has to say. If I'm not mistaken some staff had to quit because of their fans.

You guys should check CN's facebook page, pure cringe.

It's randumb, but there is nothing wrong with it. A great deal of the randomness is derived from the fact that the show, for most part, doesn't explain the world. What is normal for the characters, is chaotic and random for the viewer.

>in the more grown up audience.
It's a show created for my little pony fans that were a little bit ashamed of watching a multi-season, multi-episode commercial for little girls' toys.

It's good. Got shit is S6 redeemed in S7.

>It's a show created for my little pony fans
whoa dude, horsefuckers have more self respect than these rancid shipperfags

t. brony

Not really.
And I abandoned the Hasbro's wild ride at the end of Season 2.

>nicest female voice I've heard
Close your eyes after clicking this
youtu.be/NZ9KM1Zb6Q8?t=11s

First couple of seasons were decent.

Like Ice King's background was done okay and actually having Finn starting to grow up was a good ideal.

Though the show went down I think after s4 with the whole flame princess mess and every time the show tries to go deeper with the lore it backs off.

Also Bubbline was a mistake.

Actually good and smart.
And whatever some people may say it's not sjw or feminist propaganda shit, in fact it's both rather conservative in its ethics and unashamedly manly.

It's not Steven Universe and nothing like it.

both.

Seasons 1 and 2 are more kid oriented. Though like some people said it's more loose and fun. Actually about goofy adventures and one off stories.
But they were also more le xd random with wacky reaction faces.
As it continued it largely expanded the lore, character development, and continuity. Characters actually change and grow older. Granted it can be convulted and the flame princess shit was lame, but that didn't last long.

Much better than Steven universe and most "adult" shows desu.

the early seasons were engaging because everybody was talking about what the show would become

around s4, it had things figured out, and the show was consistently excellent.

but I was way more excited during the early years even though the show was not as good.

maybe "potential greatness" is more engaging than "consistent quality"

This shows builds characters, worlds, and mythos better than any other show I've seen in the past 5 years and if you cant see that then I feel bad for you

The first couple of series are fun, weird, colourful shorts that slowly build up a darker undertone through implication.

When said implication comes to the foreground however it kind of ruins it.

Started as lolrandom, then the writers tried to, you know, write. Then it got terrible.

Don't waste your time OP. It's almost as bad as Axe Cop.

it gets so much fucking better later on. no joke.