Who is the best character in Boardwalk Empire and why is it Season One Jimmy?

Who is the best character in Boardwalk Empire and why is it Season One Jimmy?

youtube.com/watch?v=e-mDAM8Q-ME

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YYHxOdqepl8
youtube.com/watch?v=vw5pYWb-Ppc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mickey was the best character.

season two richard is better

>unironically liking a character so edgy it cut off half his face

Season Two wasn't even the best season for his character.

>Season Two wasn't even the best season for his character.
>being this much of a pleb
kys my dude. I bet you unironically like the harrowing.

>jimmyfags

The Harrowing was a good scene, but I felt the choice of having synthpop music playing in the background was a little weird and anachronistic

>implying

Season Four is when his character really shone, pleb.

The difference between a Jimmyfag and a Jimmybro is that a Jimmybro recognizes that Jimmy's arc was brilliantly done and came to a proper conclusion, while Jimmyfags mistakenly thought he was the real main character and are in denial about his death and therefore write off the rest of this great show

Richard Harrow. Is this even an argument?

youtube.com/watch?v=YYHxOdqepl8

OP here. Yeah, this. Brightest candles and all that. I mean, I like Jimmy so much that I almost wish they wrote the show different to let him survive another season, but nah.

so you are a pleb, no surprised.

>not posting the real version
youtube.com/watch?v=vw5pYWb-Ppc

But only patricians know the final truth - that Jimmy was the main character, but got written off because Pitt was an addict and a royal cunt, and thus his arc in the end has no real meaning.

Nice argument, faggot.

Let's face it. Buscemi was always going to be the main character, no matter what.

No Jimmyfag. He was always meant to die. His arc was him trying to find a meaning and purpose to go on with his life, wether it was through creating a proper family or taking over Atlantic City (which he deluded himself into thinking was his by birthright since the Commodore was his father), but then in the end he realized that he did not actually want any of it and that he really died in the trench

>Nice argument, faggot.
Nice argument, faggot.

The more time goes by since it ended the more I realize that this is probably is my favorite show. Sopranos is a close runner up, but this had more of a dramatic flair that appealed to me. Fuck I need to rewatch this

I really don't understand that. Boardwalk just felt like a soulless rehash of Sopranos to me.

They are incredibly different though

He was a literal motherfucker.

>Boardwalk just felt like a soulless rehash of Sopranos to me.
I don't get how you could ever get that.

For me, I think a lot of the appeal compared to Sopranos is how carelessly violent criminals can be since there aren't forensics and RICO and all that. It's a simpler time. And yet you've got Nucky being more powerful and involved at a higher level than Tony because of all his connections.

Tony kinda blows Nucky out of the water, though.

>yfw you rewatch it and the first time they meet after Jimmy comes home, she hugs him while she's practically naked, after dancing.

Michael Pitt literally one of the most underrated actors. Maybe it's because of his personality.