I was watching the TV show "muh heritage" today and one of the americans said that her grandparents had to leave Norway...

I was watching the TV show "muh heritage" today and one of the americans said that her grandparents had to leave Norway because they couldn't buy land or pay house rent.

Back in the old days Norway was occupied by Denmark and Sweden. There were danish and swedish lords who thought they owned the land and did what they pleased but we kicked them out in the end.

Now this doesn't mean that all Norway-americans can get a green card and come back to Norway now but you guys can sue Denmark and Sweden.

>Back in the old days Norway was occupied by Denmark and Sweden.
"Occupied" implies a breach of sovereignty, which Norway did not have.

we didn't occupy shit you cunt, it was a personal union

Do the 'mericlaps cry all the time and act overly dramatic in the norwegian show too? I kind of like watching this but it gets too awkward sometimes

Always the white devil doing his oppresion on POC, I see

>muh pure aryan blood

New worlders have no right to a "heritage".
They left their country behind during harsh times and might as well be traitors.
Besides, considering that the vast majority don't even have 50% of their respective country of origin's blood left in them.

They didn't start mixing until recently. Midwestern towns where Scandis tended to settle were relatively insular. Up until World War II, you could find towns in Minnesota where English wasn't commonly spoken.

to add to this, the whole "muh heritage" thing is in many ways a relatively recent trend. The proportion of Americans identifying as having English ancestry has been going downwards, way more so than it should, while the proportion of retarded "muh heritage" answers has gone up. This means that people just decided that, because they found out they have one distant ancestor who was from Italy or whatever, they're suddenly "Italian American". It's a complete joke, Americans are completely incapable of building a proper identity it would seem.

>Up until World War II
Yeah, and up until a thousand years ago Anatolia was mostly Greek. "Up until" doesn't mean jack shit today. The reality of today is that there isn't any semblance of real Scandinavian culture anywhere in Minnesota. You're Amerifats, just the same as the rest.

this is fucking retarded, there's a ton of people that are completely italian, polish, greek, w/e. probably not german but it wouldn't surprise me.
my stepfather is fully italian and speaks italian, his parents are second generation.

>my stepfather
So fucking what, you retard?

Do you really think 17 million """""English Americans""""" all died or emigrated in the span of 10 years? The answer is clearly no, it's simply Amerifats thinking that being """""English American""""" isn't cool anymore, and discovering that "muh stepfather speaks Italian, that means I'm Italian American! muh heritage!".

>this fucking mad

>so what
so what is that I just explained why it's relevant and why you're wrong.
you act like everyone that immigrates to the US is lobotomized, goes through amnesia, or is forced to unlearn their language and every aspect of their culture. all I'm saying is that it's not a completely unheard of occurrence for people to retain their language or interbreed among people of their country of origin, there's millions of people so it's almost impossible to avoid.
canadians are exactly the same as americans so I especially don't know what you're on about.

>so what is that I just explained why it's relevant and why you're wrong.
yeah, with useless anecdotal evidence

>all I'm saying is that it's not a completely unheard of occurrence for people to retain their language or interbreed among people of their country of origin,
Sure, but those are the exception, not the norm. The average Amerifat isn't even slightly """""Italian""""", """""German""""", """""French""""", """""Scandinavian""""" or anything of the sort, despite being so very deluded as to claim so.

at least I have evidence, you have """"""""""""Zero"""""""""""" evidence that people making the claim to an ethnic group are as far removed from said group as you claim.

I just posted the evidence you fuckwit. See the figure: >at least I have evidence
An anecdotal claim on a Chinese cartoon discussion forum is not evidence. Try again, Amerifat.

that's not evidence, the census has been through several changes. it could just refer to anyone who's first language was english, not necessarily implying a genetic relation to people from england.

>it could just refer to anyone who's first language was english
except it doesn't, nor does it have anything to do with "genetic relation", it refers to self-reported ethnicity

>that's not evidence
I suppose in Hamburger University it wouldn't count as evidence, but in the real world it does.

it counts as evidence that roughly 20 percent of people filling out a census form in 1980 self identified as "english"'
that doesn't have anything to due with your claim that people are lying about being different ethnicities

It does, because, if people were truthful about their real "heritage", the proportion of English Americans wouldn't gone so low in such a small timespan.

eh, not entirely accurate. here in eastern south dakota we were settled by mostly germans and norwegians. no one considers that mixing, except for superior pure blooded euros (how can we even compete), so you end up with people like me who have a norwegian surname but only one norwegian great-grandparent with the rest being german. norwegian surnames are super common around here, but most people have more german ancestors than norwegian ancestors
nuh uh, I can go to the grocery store and pick up lefse :^) checkmate leaf

gib reparations, denmark

it could have been more trendy at the time to self identify as english despite not actually being a direct unbroken lineage from the pilgrims, as I said someone could just report english because it's their birth langauge and not put any more thought in to it.
the census is handled differently now and doesn't specify ethnicity anyway.

I'm more Norwegian than you'll ever be

>self identify as english despite not actually being a direct unbroken lineage from the pilgrims,
You do understand that there were other English immigrants other than the pilgrims, right?

yeah obviously, but "american" is a nebulous concept that has changed throughout time and means different things to different people.
if you ask a redneck from alabama from america what an american is he'd probably say me, I'm an american, white people that jesus gave the land too. god bless.
if you asked a professor of history he'd give you a slightly more intricate answer.
this leaf seems mad that people are free to define themselves and their own reality for some reason.

>let me explain to you something about another country