Member the 80s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zKbrJv7Ga6E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Where's Will?

That's gay. Give me new IT content.

who loves stranger things
>people who were not alive during the 80s

One of the things that made S1 great was how the 80s references were all background, it didn't shove them in your face.

With one still released I am starting to think this won't be the case with season 2.

I do!

*purchases Eggo™ Waffles*

So it's getting a teaser during the super bowl, nice.

member when this was /ourseries/ before normies got a hold of it

My mom loved it and she was born in 72

But the 80's were full of references to the 80's.

shes got shit taste and how old are you?

I'm not a fanatic. What is there to look forward to? The one kid hallucinates the underverse and the skinhead chick is trapped there. So what?

I'm right here

What difference does my age make? I could be anywhere between 18-28 and it still changes nothing

this. i need to be reaffirmed about how i know it's gonna suck

>NOBODY WHO WAS ALIVE IN THE 80S LOVES STRANGER THINGS
>Yes there are
>YEAH WELL THEY HAVE SHIT TASTE

Okay buddy

>What difference does my age make? I could be anywhere between 18-28 and it still changes nothing
underage confirmed

nobody fucking cared about the ghostbusters in the 80s. people wouldn't dress up like this when it came out. it didn't become a cult hit until the 90s. this makes no sense.

It only lasted about a day. The day it came out, Sup Forums loved it, then everybody else started loving it too, so naturally Sup Forums changed their minds and decided it was shit.

If that's what you want to believe

what else should 80's dress as for Halloween in the 80's?

That's gay, why would they do that

t. person who wasn't alive when ghostbusters came out and wants to be as contrarian as possible

but do you member the 80s

It became popular in the late 80s after the cartoon and toys came out.

Nah man, think about it. Is it really so unreasonable that 4 kids in the 80's wouldn't dress up as the ghostbusters for halloween? Way better than TMNT or Freddy, Jason, Micheal Myers and Blacula. Look at it like this, what does the image tell us?
>The season will take place around halloween
>The adorable toothy kid but less so cuz he's older is disgusted with something
>none of the other kids are wearing costumes
>Will probably has a slug feasting on his brain and came to school without his costume.
And I bet you dollars to donuts that that this season will have a more ghost story like quality to it.

who cares about these details goyim? just buy netflix and watch the show, the 80's are so cool because we were born in the wrong generation

There are a few really in your face references, and they were the worst bits.

Y-yes sir.

>it didn't shove them in your face.

youtube.com/watch?v=zKbrJv7Ga6E
>tfw you binged Stranger Things and didn't recognize the characters in the trailer

>glorification of outsiders
>chads are always jerks
>skinhead girl
>dungeons and dragons
>kids think they can behave like adults
>token black kid
>small town that is not in the south
>synthetizers
>MUH GOVERNMENT IS FUCKING EVIL, MAN!!!!!
>the fucking clash

How can one show suck so much!?

you gotta remember these are the nerds who like things that arent as popular back then. they are the D&D nerds. they werent normies. they are kids fascinated by long distance radio transmissions and high school science crap. Ghostbusters would be their thing.

How how were you when Ghostbusters came out?

except the skinhead girl becomes pic related later on and everyone thinks it's an improvement

How how was I? You a fucking moron? Stupid sack of shit? Fucking jackass dumb shit motherfucker? Idiotic piece of literal shit garbage waste of space? You make me physically angry with how retarded you are you are so goddamn lucky I don't know you because I'd beat your face to a pulp in an instant and make sure everyone knew what kind of shit sipper you really were.

I don't understand why anyone thinks this show is great?
To me it does not live up to the popular acclaim. So it seems that it is just a nostalgia fuel for older millennial.
>"Member ET?"
>"Member dungeons and dragons?"

Nothing in the plot is original. Together with its critical acclaim this creates a jarring effect (much like Rick and morty for example). One can't watch this without being reminded of the parochialism of the average millennial.

Well then it's a good thing they got individually tailored Ghostbusters jumpsuits and packs that are screen accurate.

>halloween or costume party
>where an outfit referencing a popular film or tv show of the era
>"shoving it in your face!"

Your mommy never made you a Ghostbusters jumpsuit?

>it didn't shove them in your face
They kinda did.

To be fair "chad" wasn't always a jerk. And he got the girl just as in reality.
Although I think that was an intentional "just because you are a good guy doesn't mean you are entitled to a girl" angle.

because brown janitor jumpsuits are hard to find. And in the 80's there were literally millions of Iron on patches. Ghostbuster patches were not hard to come by.

>chads are always jerks
But they make it a point to show that chad was more complex then just a jerk???

>kids think they can behave like adults
Autism.

No

most of us weren't born then

How old were you when Ghostbusters came out?

Nice quads. Agree on you about chad keeping the girl. Best part of the show. But he'll lose her meanwhile

There was more than one Chad

ghostbusters is the 34th highest grossing film of all time when adjusted for inflation.

the only movie that made more money than it domestically that year is beverly hills cop.

>it didnt show them in your face

>But he'll lose her meanwhile
What country are you from?

Why is he so fucking ugly? Does he not have teeth? Why does he look like a neanderthal frog?

Jesus christ someone just put this ugly asshole out of his misery.

Pakistan

I don't see the appeal of this show. Same goes for everything else on Netflix

>make an effort to improve yourself
>try to treat her properly
>she still goes around with a guy around his back and lets him sleep in his room
>"oh shit they might still be rooting for this guy, quick, make him do something out of character!!!"

I think it was more self serving than pure plot point. Get those 30 year old women who read twilight obsessing over a love triangle between some high school kids, one of whom really needs to eat a sandwich, to watch season 2 and 3 and 4...

Out of curiosity, What do Pakistanis think of Arabs?

pakis are arabs.

He has a cleft palette or something. Eitherway it lets them do the whole "geeks groups have to have someone with a lisp" cliche.

Also, they uglied him up

Disgusting sandniggers that exploit us to make skywrappers in the desert

Hmm, well good on him for not looking like the fucking troglodyte the show makes him out to be.

I've absolutely zero interest in this "muh 80's" show but this kid always stuck out to me as just extraordinarily ugly.

Not him but..

Pakistanis hate everyone that doesn't follow their distinct brand of Islam, let alone Sikhs.

Nobody had a fucking thing poster when it was still new, it was a massive flop and was panned, it only gained traction with advent of internet and rise of home video.

Are you badmouthing the people of the Last Prophet?
What would your parents say?

this

and fuck white people

Oh look! It's That 80's show!

Who said I am a muslim, or that my familly was muslim, nigger?

It was actually about three days. Those generals were so nice too. And then it got normie popularity and a few days later, Sup Forums called it shit and reddit.

I hate this board.

At least this is appropiate, unlike that blasted The Thing poster.

Is it bad that I just liked the show for the simple plot and feel good moments? Although I'm sure the second season will be garbage, the first season was a neat little one-off thing.

what an embarrassing post
why are you so embarrassed about not being born when it came out?

Gotta disagreee a bit. 80's was the era of awesome horror posters/vhs covers, lots of people had posters of B-movies because they looked neat.

Remember loads of posters of Fright Night for example.

Nothing bad about being a pleb as long as you are ok with that.

Just because I said I enjoyed it doesn't mean I said it was great or anything. There's a difference in a Netflix mini-series with C-list actors and a big budget HBO drama.

Fright Night was a smash hit though topped with quite the 80s soundtrack.

these are halloween costumes, who cares? They're not dressing up like this on a normal day because
>muh 80s reference
It's entirely likely that nerdy kids in the late 80s would have dressed up like the ghost busters for halloween

Yeah no muslims and niggers knew their place

gee, sorry

Suffered a bit from losing its mystery in the last few episodes and stuff like the fairy lights seemed too tryhard 'look how magically indie I am' but overall I'd say it was the best TV series last year (Westworld lost too many points from the terrible, stupid, whorehouse woman subplot).

netflix marketing team is really effective

Wait, how did they have a Thing poster? It didn't come out until 2011

lmao wtf is going on
this is a stranger things thread

I love Ghostbusters, sure why not, keep the 80's references coming.
and if you didn't dress up like Ghostbuster at some point as a kid you were a faggot.

Calm down RLM, it's just a sci fi show. Didn't they complain about the Evil Dead poster too?

Only grossed $5m more than The Thing

Hellraiser did far worse than both and had an iconic poster

PUNCH
SOME PEOPLE
IN
THE FACE

>nobody fucking cared about the ghostbusters in the 80s. people wouldn't dress up like this when it came out. it didn't become a cult hit until the 90s. this makes no sense.
>this fucking guy

so many mouthbreathers ITT

because he literally doesnt have a collarbone or teeth.
its an actual disease

netflix interns #19999877 through #24444555 shill that shit daily and hourly here since it dropped

see: this thread

it was a huge fucking hit that defined the 80's blockbuster era

it was everywhere for that era you dimwit

Fuck Stranger Things! Stupid show full of all the crappy thing from the 80s. The 80s had great stuff, like Reagan, Thatcher, the end of communism, films like Blade Runner, The Terminator, Die Hard, Wall Street, Platoon, Predator, Lethal Weapon, the 4th Dirty Harry, Kiss of the Spider Woman, Eaging Bull. It had great series like Cheers, Allo Allo and the Granada Veraion of Sherlock Holmes. It had great music, like The Cure, Queen, Peter Gabriel, INXS, even Duran fucking Duran! But no, Stranger Things had to be an elogy for the 80s, BUT WITH ALL THE SHITTY THINGS FROM THE 80S! The show is basically raping a decade, man!

This

>allo allo

I saw that live at a theatre when I was a kid and it had the original cast.

met Arthur Bostrom afterwards, he's fucking tall...

underaged gtfo
oh wait

banging 11

>tearing down the wall was good

I'd rather take totalitarians like Ceausescu then mudslimes and other disgusting western "values"

contrarians were a mistake

>Gained traction due to the internet and rise of home video.
Home video came first really, but go on.

I watched it on HBO one night.

80's reference's are so kewl! Can't wait for more yoda quotes and DON'T YOU! FORGET ABOUT ME! to start playing when main kid and El kiss!!

I love this show i'm such a le nerd!

>The 80s had great stuff, like Reagan, Thatcher
>list of films that are good but have no appeal to children
>list of bands that are good but have no appeal to children
>show is literally a cast of children