Why did Irish and Italian immigrants in America hate each other?

Why did Irish and Italian immigrants in America hate each other?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2R9Qiej-Tqo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well think about it leaf

Irish immigrants
>Hard working
>Do things the right/legal way
>Win the Civil War for the Union
>Get Irish presidents 50 years later
>Maintain Irish pride without being obnoxious about it (don't bring up plastics)

Italian
>Mafia
>Lazy as fuck
>AYY I'M ITALIAN BADABING
>NA NEVER BEEN TO ITALY THO
>Never had a real Italian president
>Never won a war for the US

Easy to see desu

>Medigans ass on fire
Irish women are the sole possession of the Italian toro patrick

t. Conor mcgregor

Italians are far more superior

the both are burtthut cause their flags look the ssme and wich is cooler

/thread

Get a President wops

There will be an Italian American president in my lifetime

AYYY FAGETTA ABOUT IT!!

how does it feel knowing the number 1 white ethnic paring is Italian man/irish woman? Literally all East coast men are the product of Italian stallions fucking Irish women

when you both are at the bottom you try to push the other one beneath you

the same thing happened here with the wogs

Italians have better looks and food,
What do Irish eat?
boring stu and porridge

Because shitalians are not white

Then why do white women love them?

What are you talking about? Loads of families are irish/italian

Kek this

Yes paddy O Brian forgets that Italian bulls literally fuck his women six ways from Sunday

really strange how you think this makes irish mad.

Why wouldn't it?

the british have been fucking irish women for centuries

Meat and chunks of veg you big Mediterranean vagina

Nice Voltron flag, faggot

aunt married a wop and it doesn't bother me at all. nobody gives a single shit it's honestly really bizarre to me how much you seem to think it angers us.

chuckled

Also probably because Italians are loud and obnoxious and the Irish like punching things.

>Italian immigrants
Sicilians are Arabs not Italians.

>Irish "men"
Lmao
Inshallah

also irish women are unironically ugly and my cousin is handsome blonde probably thanks to his itallian side

It was mostly just gang warfare. Irish gangs ruled supreme in New York until the mafia arrived, with Italians pushing into Irish territory, there was bound to be tension. But the Irish don't have a mafia culture like the Italians so they lost. Honestly not a single Irish or Italian in Europe has any idea that there was a conflict between their two emigrant groups and wouldn't care anyway

Yeah, I guess I forgot about that too.
Irish eventually went from organized crime to all being a bunch of cops for some reason.

Irish don't have a passion for organised crime. They just wanted work, and policing is good work for a stocky Irishman straight off the boat with an empty belly

All this shit is in the past now. America is a black/Hispanic/Asian/mullato/muslim Country now

>Irish eventually went from organized crime
Are you just making this all up as you go along? Piecing together history of your shit 'country' from movie scenes. We all know American education is garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=2R9Qiej-Tqo

Don't care

He's right, there are no Irish crime organisations in the US. The closest you could come to it is IRA sympathisers but they're not in it solely for money and power and don't operate like a gang

in Italy we love Ireland

The Irish like Italy as well
t. Irishman working abroad who's been to Italy
Your young southern men are strange though, excessively groomed and fond of their own looks. Other than that i couldn't fault the country. Gorgeous and really welcoming in the small towns i visited

Best just to let sleeping dogs lie

What about all the non italian immigrants and refugees?

this, italian women are beautiful and classy. whereas irish genes are behind almost every white trash wal mart story to come out of the US.

>He's right
I'm saying there was never organised crime in the US on the level of inbred Arab-like tribal Sicilians.

I wish I had an Italian gf

>American muh heritagefags fighting each other like rabid niggers
I love this

>I'm saying there was never organised crime in the US on the level of inbred Arab-like tribal Sicilians.
*other than the said Sicilian organised crime.

The darkies are crafty and try to sell cheap shite but they do that everywhere. Actual Italians are great desu. Most of the older lads i spoke to aswell were quite aware of the foreign presence. And weren't fond of Muslims at all
Your bias is showing kid but yeah Italian women are beautiful
Yeah fair enough
lol

>kenya has had a president before italy
embarrassing tbqh

>yanks trying to pit fellow Catholics against each other
lol fuck off

being an annoying wop/mick is part of the fun of being catholic though

That's very good they feel that way. But feelings won't change anything

Because Catholics are retarded.

Both are useless good for nothing niggers in my book.

>coming from a monkey

wew

wtf I thought both are similar catholic people who love each other

Those people are white though.
>The United States Census Bureau defines White people as those "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East-North Africa."

Both want to suck anglo cock but there isn't enough room for two sluts

Wh*tes are so fucking racist that they still keep digging for ways to hate other people even when there are no uppity darkies in their way. Truly a disgusting faction of mankind.

kys paddy stop always sucking up to anglos and puting down all other euros

this honestly
every Italian I ever met was criminally prone in at least some way

I'm Italian.I'm white. Fight me asshole.

It's only wewuzing amerilards being retards as usual

>shitgentina

>I'm Italian

>Italians

Do you speak Italian or any other language native to the Italian peninsula fluently? Are your ancestors up the third generation Italians?

I took italian for all 3 years in middle school and 2 years in high school and didn't learn shit ;3;

Way back when it was a matter of class and stature. When the Italians first came to America, the Irish were fairly well established so they faced competition from these Italians who were willing to work for lower wages. This prompted the Irish to band together and form organizations and groups like political machines. Political machines generally get a bad reputation and are grouped with gangs or compared to the mafia, but the reality of the situation was that self enrichment was hardly a factor, figures like Boss Tweed were more help [for his lot] than harm (think: using influence to get the Irish jobs or using funds to bring coal to poor families in the winter.)

The Italians also carried themselves differently from the Irish and this turned the Irish off from them. While the Irish would go off to the pubs for the craic when it's the time, family and parish life was established in what they deemed a respectable manner and everyone would be expected to act proper and not working class, though not with any resentment towards working class because that's what the bulk of them were. Think like, knowing to use the correct knife and fork, table etiquette, sparkling water, Sunday best, and such. Italian culture was different of course and the Irish saw them as loud people who don't bathe or speak the language (just like people say today with the Latinos.) Then conversely, the Italians didn't like the Irish because they were seen as the elite and the powerful because, even though the vast majority were working class, the Irish were prominent in local government and overwhelmingly in control of the police force.

It's just a matter of old immigrants hating new ones. The english and germans did it to us Irish when we came. We did it to the Italians. The Italians do it to the POC. Everyone to the Jews.

Irish and Italians gradually cooled off after WWII, largely through Catholic school and parish communities. New exotic immigrants to 'take er jobs' also helped.

i love Ireland

Irish in Ireland are surprised to hear the animosity, even when today it's mostly just fake animosity and there's a ton of intermarrying. Thinking of Italians here we think more along the lines of "they have good food" rather than "cousin-fucking spaghetti niggers'

didn't all the immigrant groups hate each other as would be expected?

The pasty anglo faggots didn't like italians when they first showed up because they were roman catholics like the irish and poles.

ye fuck brits and anyone that speaks their language

B-but ;w;

It's not true, we respect each other

Do ye think it was a choice?

You'd be speaking English if France wasn't in the way, Persian if the Greeks weren't in the way, Arabic if the Slavs weren't in the way, Spanish if Spain didn't collapse on itself (Latin if you didn't collapse on yourself,) French if it weren't for the Prussians and Brits, and German if it weren't for the yanks.

I agree with the 'fuck the brits' part though of cource

>Irish
>hard working
HAHAHHAHAHA. Hard working at getting drunk and beating their wives maybe. the rest of your inane post isn't even worthy of response.

Nothing is wrong with Consanguinity.

nah. my dad was discriminated againt by the Irish growing up as a first generation Italian in NY during the 60s and 70s. The conflict was real.

>be a leaf
>pick two random flags
>start a why do X's hate Y's thread
works like a charm

I hate to tell you Muhammed but the Italian gov offers duel citizenship to anyone who can trace at least one direct descendent living in Italy from after 1910. All the diaspora on Sup Forums have the legal definition to be considered Italian. meanwhile you (who came off a raft like a cockroach from Libya) are not italian.

>citizenship = being Italian
Getting a hearthy kek out of this retarded burger

Because they're both nigger and niggers hate and kill each other.

average american language-learning experience

I don't know about immigration history but here in Italy we actually love ireland.
A LOT more than Britain.

An Italian discovered your shithole country you ungrateful cocksucker.

shut up moor

What would you know about heritagefags? Go look at Jersey Shore, that's your spawn Giuseppe.

I'd argue with you, but my great grandfather ran a speak easy in Chicago, and I do sketchy shit on my own.
Just glad I'm not a dumb mick tbqhwyfam

>Irish
>elite and powerful
my great grandfather told me he'd rather my aunt bring home a nigger than an Irish man. He said he'd never dealt with such a loud or slobbish people in his life. They never paid at his bar, and the Irish mob was the Italians sole competition (albeit a weak one). Irish never were "upper class" only Anglos and Scots-Irish that settled the country in the beginning get that title. Not the fuck useless micks you are.

>tfw Italian and Irish mongrel

average american damage control

BOSTON
O
S
T
O
N

>t. Jorge Garibaldi

cause of Catholicism? or cause of British arrogance?

Because every American with Italian heritage acts/looks like that. Fuckin dumbass nigger.

not wrong

What mix? Mate of mine in Boston has Irish dad/Terrona mom

>tfw when Italian/german/dutch/polish mongrel

Shitalian father I presume?

My mother's side is all Irish, and my father is a mix of Anglos living in Cambridge and Irish living in North Boston.
feels bad man