Why is this such a beloved movie?

Somebody please explain it to me. I've been trying to understand this movie for 10 years. I don't get the love outside of the visuals and imagery for the time period.

Name a modern movie that does what it does better

>questions human existence
>best representation of cyberpunk for its time
>considered garbage until the directors cut was released to the public

What does it do?

>name a movie that's blade runner that isn't blade runner
????????????

Which cut did you watch?

What does it do that any other noir movie from classic hollywood hasn't already done?

If you think a movie isn't good, then it fails some type of criteria
If does so, then there must be another sort that establishes a higher standard for the same criteria

So what does Blade Runner try to do but another movie does better?

That's the beauty and irony of blade runner.
It only fits for its time and place. A blade runner debut today would be dull and boring considering our advancements. Contemplating what to consider a human life and feeling empathy for our own creations is no longer such a foreign concept.

Time is a relevant factor

>rewords things to make no sense
>"you're the reason I'm retarded!"

The concept, the aesthetics, and the atmosphere, pretty much. Also the (ad-libbed) monologue at the end. I do think it has pacing problems and most of the dialogue falls flat. I hope that Villeneuve can keep what made Bladerunner work while improving on the scene-to-scene plot. And hopefully he can get a half-decent performance out of that cynical old fart Harrison Ford.

overrated as fuck

>pacing problems

aka ADHD

cyber punk
questions what is humanity

it's fine if you "dont get it" Kino isn't for everybody, kid. Perhaps you should try a movie or a flick. Have you seen the new Doctor Strange from Disney's Marvel? That's more your speed, sorry to say.

No one cares, asshole, just fucking die.

forget the movie, but in the book what was the point of their religion? the whole walking guy thing and the scene at the very end

>OP asks dumb question
>several anons answer dumb question
>OP abandons thread

Because it makes you feel sorry for an android

Roy Batty is the true star of Blade Runner not Deckard

2 ezy

OP here, I read all the comments

I don't even know what doctor strange is. I don't watch comic book movies, kid. Why don't you explain why it's kino? Is it because somebody told you so on reddit?

better re read them
pre much cyberpunk done right. Lets see another cyberpunk movie better than blade runner?

This. Blade Runner succeeds in what Westworld fails

In Blade Runner you actually forget that Riy is a replicant. You forget that he is but a machine, and you root for him to get more time of life. That is because Roy is a well buildt character, that creates empathy on the audience

Whereas in Westworld every character acts like it is the intelectual alpha, that it is the smartest character of them all. All of them are arrogant, and that pushes the audience away. The audience doesn't feel sympathy for the abuses the robots suffer, and is forever reminded on their condition. This is what that show fails

>outside of the visuals and imagery
you answered your own question

As of right now, my only interest in blade runner, is how the blade runner sequel turns out, because that will be a hint at how the Dune remake might turn out.

Also, Hopkins was the only one with above average acting skills. The Dolores and Maude actors were like wooden boards and not in a way that makes them seem robotic.