What's this Jedi's name again?

What's this Jedi's name again?

OBI WANCUMBLOWME

Why do women pretend to like Star Wars?

Pretence Like

Darth Titless the lackluster

When I was a kid I had a Star Wars sticker book before I even saw the first movie. While I was putting all the stickers in poses I liked I remember my mom explaining to me who all the characters were. She explained how Han Solo was actually a more interesting character than Luke, which I didn't like at the time because I always liked main hero characters the best. But the way she explained everything made me really excited to see the actual movie.

>that navel

It makes them seem nerdy which they think is cool.

Master Darude - Sandstorm

Darth Brap of planet Ehgsahsmel

That looks like Nelani Din. She was an ex-pupil of Jacen Solo's, she went with him and his apprentice, Ben Skywalker, to capture the Dark Jedi Lumiya. But as she was about to kill Lumiya, Jacen had a vision of the future. He realized that, no matter what, if Nelani lived, then Luke died. Sometimes Luke died at the hands of mercenaries, other Jedi, Sith, even Jacen himself....but no matter what, Luke died. "Always in motion the future is", as Yoda once said, but in every possibility, Luke died if Nelani lived. And Luke lived if Nelani died.

So Jacen made a split second decision. He killed Nelani. To save his uncle. And in doing so, at least subconsciously, he doomed himself to failure. Why did he do this? Would any of you do the same?

I fucking love Lorefags.

Never make immoral decisions based on how it might effect the future. That's the reasoning evil people use to justify their actions, saying it'll someday pay off.

And I fucking love you, my friend. I am very drunk, I love everyone.

I also love the idea of taking the objectively bad Star Wars stories I loved as a child and adding meaning to them. For example, this storyline. Jacen knew that Luke was the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy. If he was truly committed to being a Sith, then why pursue a path where Luke survived? Because Jacen never actually wanted to succeed. He just wanted to unite the galaxy against him.

>Never make immoral decisions based on how it might effect the future. That's the reasoning evil people use to justify their actions, saying it'll someday pay off.

Yes, but remember that Jacen can literally see the future, or at least all the possibilities stemming from a certain action. If he did not kill Nelani, then Luke, the savior of the galaxy, the greatest Jedi, would die. If he killed Nelani, then Luke lived. There was literally no other choice. Nelani dies, Luke lives. Nelani lives, Luke dies.

Jacen may have become evil later. But in that moment, he was a good man. Luke's life mattered more than Jacen's soul. Jacen turning evil did not matter, because if Luke lived, then Luke could stop him. If Jacen was truly, 100% evil, then he would have let Nelani live. Because if Luke died, who could truly stop him?

>If he did not kill Nelani, then Luke, the savior of the galaxy, the greatest Jedi, would die.

An old man dies, a little girl lives. Fair trade.

An old man who can save the galaxy. An old man who is literally the only person more powerful than Jacen. The little girl dying saves the entire galaxy. If Jacen let Nelani live, and Luke died, who would stop Jacen? Nobody. Jaina has the raw power in the force, but none of the cleverness or experience. Nobody could have stopped him from making Ben into his new apprentice.

Jacen, deliberately, with his very first "dark side" act, set himself up for failure.

why is he wearing boys underwear? Doesn't he know that boipussy looks better in panties?

>An old man who can save the galaxy.

Galaxy needs to learn to stand on its own sooner or later.

He wouldn't live that much longer without dying of old age anyway.

>An old man dies, a little girl lives. Fair trade.

*also, this is something Jacen considered.

In Nelani's future, he saw a happy life, a useful life. He saw her saving people, doing good things, having a family, giving birth to kids who went on to become a Jedi and do more good. But none of them could have saved the galaxy, as Luke could. None of them could have stopped Jacen. Luke was his failsafe, his insurance, his guarantee that things wouldn't go too far.

Objectively, and on the shallowest level, he is measuring the life of a young woman and her potential children against one man. And pre-timeskip Jacen would saved her. But this is post Dark Nest Jacen, who understand the consequences these actions can have. It wasn't Nelani's life vs 1 man, it was Nelani's life vs tens of billions.

Jacen had Vader's blood, Vader's potential, and wisdom that Vader never had. Without Luke to stop him, he would have been invincible. Leaving Luke alive prevented him from going too far.

Girls objectively look better in men's tidy-whities.

>It wasn't Nelani's life vs 1 man, it was Nelani's life vs tens of billions.

A galaxy that requires the sacrifice of even one unwilling innocent life isn't a galaxy worth saving.

>the trolley problem on a galactic scale
Fuck outta here

>Galaxy needs to learn to stand on its own sooner or later.

Galaxy can't do it by itself. It's a common theme in Star Wars, for better or worse.

>He wouldn't live that much longer without dying of old age anyway.

I agree. This was the problem Mara faced, she was a fine as fuck MILF but her age slowed her down and let Jacen kill her in the book "Sacrifice". But Luke's son could have carried on the mission. But at the time that the Legacy series begins, Ben is too young, and Luke is getting old. It's a golden opportunity for a Sith Lord.

Luke had enough strength and enough time to fight the next Sith Lord until Ben was strong enough to do the same (or even Jaina, if she stopped obsessing over Imperial dick, which she never managed to do). Letting Luke die at that stage would have been a death sentence for the galaxy.

Ben was Jacen's little cousin, who idolized him. Had Jacen let Luke die, he would have had an incredibly powerful apprentice. He would have essentially achieved everything Palpatine once dreamed of.

I disagree. Sometimes you have to kill a few to save many. It's just the reality of the world. Some people, for better or worse, will always choose a path that will harm more people. Like Jacen told Nelani before he murdered her "you would send the future spinning into tragedy. And you're too weak to correct it".

Even people who seem good, sometimes they need to die. If you could go back in time and murder Yosef "Stalin" Dugashvili in 1919, wouldn't you do it?

Nope. Either your principles stand or they don't.

It's a galaxy of conscience or it's nothing.

Also SW history has proven that the bad guys never rule for long even when they do win.

Geek is chic, TEE HEE.

shut the fuck hippie faggot

>Nope. Either your principles stand or they don't.

They don't. The principles are a meme, they always have been. Jacen understood this.

>Also SW history has proven that the bad guys never rule for long even when they do win.

Yeah, fair enough. But a few centuries of peace? That's worth something, isn't it? All Jacen had known his entire life, roughly 33 years or so, was war and chaos. And before that, he knew there was another 30 years of war and chaos. He had no reason to believe in the Jedi and their ability to keep the peace. Something new had to be done.

Consisting Lucas time and again used the trope of people committing evil acts due to Force visions and having that consistently backfire/result in something worse, I'd probably try to break the cycle of stupid.

>Consisting

Considering*

>That looks like Nelani Din
is she a good friend?

Maybe. But was Jacen all that wrong? Remember, he started his descent to evil with no serious expectation of personal success. It began with the same vision that terrified Luke, the "Dark Man" standing behind Allana on her throne, manipulating her and ruling the galaxy. It was all to stop him. Maybe Jacen thought he himself was that Dark Man, after all, he was Allana's father, and wanted to take himself out of the equation while he could.

It's a different game in Legacy. The simple "cycle" of stupidity caused by force visions (which is literally 3 events in the movies, btw, Anakin going to save his mom, Anakin worrying about Padme, and Luke worrying about Leia/Han) isn't really in effect here. The Force can only show the different possibilities, and the powerful Jedi who can see into the future basically have to guess. But every future Jacen saw involved Luke dying if Nelani lived, with all the consequences that implied.

He was faced with a decision kind of unprecedented in Star Wars. There was no good choice. Either he committed murder right then and there, or he allowed a good man and billions of innocent people to die. One way or another, he was doing something evil.

She is a very good friend. Top qt, she's one of Jacen's ex-apprentices, was never a great jedi but she was really sweet and always did he rbest.

>But was Jacen all that wrong?

Yes.

darth yeast infection

"No"?

Looks like a Tracy to me.

Haha it was all a ruse.
Women hate Star Wars.

Vag Fisto

semen master