Is there anything even remotely similar to Lost in Translation? Every time I watch it I'm left devastated and longing

Is there anything even remotely similar to Lost in Translation? Every time I watch it I'm left devastated and longing.

Any fish out of water rom-com.

Wong Kar Wai's In the Mood for Love.

Sofia Coppola's "somewhere"

MBV - loveless

Chungking Express is a non-shit version of Lost in Translation

Accurate

I ended up moving to Japan after watching this movie.

Just packed my bag and got on a flight alone.

Now married with a kid here

Inside llewyn davis

I'm in the process of finally arranging my passport to visit Japan. Watching this movie again made me fucking miserable that I'm stuck in a dead end job with nothing going for me where I currently live so fuck it, I'm travelling to Japan.

pretty much anything by antonioni

The characters in LiT didn't speak to me in any way, I couldn't relate to any of them. But anytime there was a shot of Tokyo, showing the streets, the buildings, the general hustle and bustle, it gave me a feeling that I had already been to Japan. Every single cityscape shot left me with an intense feeling of nostalgia, and not only have I never been to Japan, I've never even been to any big city comparable to Tokyo.

It left me unsettled for days afterward.

The city is basically a character as well. It's so brilliantly done.

Chungking Express is two little piles of shit the director tried to roll into one big ball.

This movie is how i fell in love with loveless (& with Roxy Music)

Besides the visual aspect this movie has got nothing good to offer

Which Roxy Music songs are in this movie?

Not him but I think "More Than This" is one of the songs they sing at the karaoke party iirc.

Bob sings More Than This in the karaoke scene

So just like Lost in Translation.

LiT is also the perfect tfw no gf film

what about bob?

The room by Tommy Wiseau.

People have mentioned WKW. The second big influence is Ozu.

Last Life in the Universe.

Practically the same premise as LiT. Man stuck in foreign country where he meets a lonely girl. Music is soothing ambient. Very comfy movie.

i hate these kinds of films. "im unhappy... im unhappy, because my life didnt turn out the way i thought it would" Join the fucking club

So what happened exactly

Sometimes you just wanna watch something you can relate with.