Is it worth to upgrade to 4k for kino

Is it worth to upgrade to 4k for kino

Only if you are a good goy

No

nope.

why not?

I don't like 4K, it looks fucking weird and takes the atmosphere out of anything you watch. It makes everything look like someone filmed it on their phones or some shit and everything looks more obviously fake and acted out. This shits gay.

unless you have some really large screen you won't notice any difference from lets say 1080

???

a lot of the current 4K Blu-Rays aren't even 4K. they're 2K upscaled with an HDR filter.

I actually agree with user it irritates my eyes but that doesn't mean I don't love my 4k tv it still shows shit in 1080 just 4k isn't perfected yet

You are confusing it with 60fps

Large screen that you sit close to.

the 4K Blu-Rays with the black frame are in native 4K resolution, the upscaled ones have the same blue frame like normal blu-rays

great for games, less so for kino atm

although my 4k tv upscales plex really well desu

Only if you care about your kino viewing experience. If you're filthy pleb then don't bother.

And by the time 4k is perfected, half these assholes will have 8k TVs. Don't b waste your money now. A year or 2 and 4k will be super cheap

i thought he meant hfr or the nasty frame interpolation that some TVs have and was just being dumb, honestly. the idea of a higher pixel count somehow being a bad thing is a complete mystery to me. how do you watch movies at the cinema?

That image is a painfully obvious collage of an actual photo and actual game graphics nice try shill

turn off the motion interpolation on your set, some 4K TVs default with that shit on

it takes a 24fps signal and makes it 60fps which gives it that fake looking "soap opera effect" (which i can't believe a lot of people actually prefer)

Does anyone actually prefer it, though? I feel like most people are just too clueless to turn it off or even notice

>8k TVs
never

they will simply be too big for living rooms. even to get full use of a 4K tv, you need to get one 70+ inches diagonally and sit no farther than 5 ft. away from it

its GTA V redux, and I did use some filtering on it, but that is a straight screenshot

you need a huge screen to see the difference. and that still depends on how far you are sat from the screen.

here's a handy guide.,

this chart gives much closer distances, for "ideal viewing"

what a piss poor selection of movies.

No, it all degrades to 240p-tier blurry shit when you get to an action scene because idiots keep falling for the 24fps "film look" scam (unless they're going for the anime look with low shutter angle). 4K isn't worth the effort until the frame rate problem is fixed.

another pleb who doesnt know you can turn off the motion effect on the TV.

protip: read the fucking manual

faggot

60fps look like shit
>action scene
Oh, that explains it

WTF are you talking about? My comment has nothing to do with motion interpolation (which is merely a poor attempt at hiding the problem, not a true fix).

I said no such thing. Native 60fps is obviously better than 24fps.