I'm a 25 years old police officer and my wife here is a part time hairdresser...

>I'm a 25 years old police officer and my wife here is a part time hairdresser, we're looking to buy our first house with the budget of $1.3 million

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b33ez1oaTCk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's their credit, which they will pay for the whole life. It's not hard cash.

>I love this space

>I'm looking for an open concept with a kitchen island.

M A R B L E

C

O

U

N

T

E

R

T

O

P

>We want a 4,000 square foot house with a pool and a giant backyard
>Here's 3 options all under 200 thousand

I wish I lived in Texas.

> we're expecting our first child so we need at least 4 bedrooms

>Here are 3 apartments that are 400 square feet, no working hot water, a 90 minute commute from your work and rent is 2500 a month

>couple in their 40s
>we want something we can grow into

you fucks aren't having kids

>I wish I lived in Texas.

You could get the same thing in Mexico. Still doesn't make it a place worth living.

normalshits, man

they're a fucking mystery

>i want a small home and live off the grid
>wtf this house is too small :-/

shit comparison, tbdesu
top kek. U-S-A! U-S-A!

The smaller price for a huge home is a fair trade when you consider that it's harder to find a good paying job in the middle of buttfuck nowhere

>I want to live in an actual cuck shed with my life partner and our cat and I only have a budget of $250,000

this little house actually looks pretty dope to be quite honest with you my family member

>buying a wooden shed for a million dollars

In the meantime they divorce

>muh open floorplan

>We'd like a three bedroom apartment with a pool near the city center
>Our budget is $1,000 since she does not have a working visa

>it's a black guy moves to Africa with his white GF episode

>it's a beta male and his fat wife move to China episode

>Here's a house
Wow I hate everything in it, let's buy the $1million dollar home and renovate because I don't like the cabinets

>it's a realtor brings them to their perfect apartment/house that's also under budget but the wife doesn't like the color paint of a bathroom and this is a deal breaker to her episode

>5,000sq/ft mansion with 6 bedrooms and 3 pools
>$220,000

I occasionally marathon episodes of Property Brothers and never understand where all these young couples get their money.

They kind of explain it one the website, though. Some of these dipshits actually take out a second mortgage to pay for the house + renovations.

Some just have rich families.

I haven't seen that episode yet. Sounds fun user.

>We're looking for a 4 bedroom house btw we're both part time farmers
>Well here's one for $110,000

Fucking Waco man.

>Dallas, Houston, Austin
>buttfuck nowhere
>no jobs
Wew

>it's a kitchen doesn't have cabinets or appliances because Europeans take those with them when they move episode
WHAT THE FUCK

>Well it's in our budget, it's the perfect location, it needs little work, the back yard is great, there are schools nearby

>Wife: Ehh, I don't like how the sun shines in

>it's a all the copper in the house is gone but the realtor still claims it's a great neighborhood episode

>two gay guys moving to rural Italy
>budget around $500,000
>they end up buying the apartment that was ABOVE the first one they showed and that one as well
>had an extra $300,000 they didn't tell us about to completely renovate and connect the two together
pissed me off tbqh. complete curve ball.

The word they use is "developing" or "vibrant diverse neighborhood" It tells me that if anyone ever calls a neighborhood diverse,vibrant, up-and-coming, developing, or urban-chic it means you're gonna get raped and murdered.

Anyone else cringe at those husbands spending that amount of money on women that are that ugly?
Like for half the price they could make a 22 year old runaway twice as happy, but no, they'll work 20 years to give their leatherfaced wives a house they will both die in another 20 years.

I wish I knew where I could find 22 year old runaways. It gets annoying carrying around chloroform.

>we just got married yesterday
>woah lets make sure to find a house with room for a nursery and a big backyard for a playground

every episode

What's wrong with that? I doubt they decided that day that they would have children, they probably had both been talking about that even before they got married.

>Im a 21yo bartender & my wife of 4 years is a full time college student
>we have a budget of 500,000$

>It's perfect but I don't like the paint in the living room

>the guy sits down in the bath or stands in the shower

top lel

This.
I don't see how they do it.

>Go with the house that's 50 thousand above their budget because it's "perfect"
>Epilogue says they immediately then dumped another 30K on renovations anyway

>not wanting to be efficient with your living space
>thinking you actually need thousands of square feet
>not realizing that most peoples' houses have multiple rooms that go entirely unused

Wasteful assholes like you are destroying the world. I can understand a family wanting one bedroom per kid and stuff like that, but as a single person I live in a one bedroom apartment and STILL have an entire room (my living room) that goes completely unused 95% of the time.

Sadly, it's not economical in my area to get an apartment any smaller than this because it'd be the same price for less space and also further from work, otherwise I definitely would.

I think tiny houses make a lot of sense, though. If I wasn't the renting type I'd much rather buy a tiny house than some gigantic 4-bedroom suburban monster where I'll only end up making real use of 20% of the floorspace.

We need those threads more often

I like property brothers very much. Buy abd Sell sometimes I take a watch too.
>its clear that I'm more intelligent than you XD
>no you dont
>little punch

>we want a few spare rooms, for when we have friends over
>well here's a 5 bedroom house
>we just feel as if it would seem a bit empty when it's just us
Bitch, you can't have it both ways

Tiny homes are overpriced as fuck. They're as expensive as apartments without any of the space.

Because they don't spend $500,000 cash, they get a LOAN for that money and pay it off over a 30-40 year period.

EWWWW CARPET

IS THAT REAL WOOD FLOORS?

MARBLE COUNTERTOP

HIS AND HER SINK

ISLAND

EWWW NO STAINLESS STEEL APPLIANCES EVEN THOUGH IT WOULD BE CHEAPER TO JUST BUY THEM OURSELVES

BIG BACK YARD EVEN THOUGH WE WILL NEVER USE IT AND THE HUSBAND WILL HAVE TO MOW THAT FUCKER EVERY WEEK

DUDE WE MAKE 100K A YEAR LETS BUY A 1.5MIL HOUSE, NOT LIKE WE WILL EVER DIVORCE, OR LOSE OUR JOBS, OR HAVE SOMETHING ELSE HAPPEN

DUDE WE WANT TO LIVE IN THE COUNTRYSIDE BUT THEN COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW LONG THE COMUTE WOULD BE

cash from parents or grandparents probably

Not to mention awfully stinky

>it's perfect but I don't really like the color of the livingroom walls

Still. For a young adults

That's why you build your own. It's much cheaper that way.

>Art lawyer has failing business in Venice, decides to move to more populated Florence
>First two places.. perfect location, can double as office, perfect everything
>last place 40 minutes outside the city, but comes with horses
>had to be talked out of the last place by his eastern European assistant

If she wasn't there this dumb fuck would have brought a house just for horses

>BIG BACK YARD EVEN THOUGH WE WILL NEVER USE IT AND THE HUSBAND WILL HAVE TO MOW THAT FUCKER EVERY WEEK
That's why you hire Mexicans.

>Or your parents gave you a 20% down payment.

Honestly, I think this is probably the case most of the time on shows like this.

>dude just build your own house, it's easy
God damn you're retarded. They'll still cost at least 200k if you hire contractors etc to build one for you.

>thinks a cop and a hairdresser could get a million dollar mortgage

>That's why you build your own
I looked into it. In many places it's more expensive than property values.

That's why my house is insured for about $25k over the purchase price to consider in rebuilding costs.

Most individuals move every 10years. Factoring in PMI, if initial 20% wasn't provided as a down payment and initial interest based payments, they will have little equity to roll into another place.
Which is really fucking stupid.

>Which is really fucking stupid.

like all americans are

Isn't the rule of thumb that moving after less than 5 years in a house means you are losing money on closing costs and loan origination?

>It's a we want a place that's centrally located and a close commute but also in a quiet neighborhood that's nice and cozy but has room for our future 10 children episode

I didn't say it was smart, I just said it was possible. I agree that's it's fucking stupid and people are exceedingly ignorant about basic personal finance and generally very wasteful for no reason.

Unfortunately, tiny houses aren't actually all that cheap unless you really are living in a shed or one of those ones mounted on a trailer.

Mate, living in Austin suburbs is cheap as hell and you'll be getting mansion sized houses for pennies.
No matter what city you live it, there is zero chance you have more jobs than fucking austin or even dallas.

It's a gamble, if you survive and the civilized run the uncivilized out you sell the place for 10x what you paid in a few years.

These house shows are surprisingly comfy.

It still makes sense to spend the money on a space you'll utilize 100% of than on a space you'll utilize 60% or less of. Plus, even if the price of the house is equivalent to that of a larger one you'll still be saving a ton of money on your monthly bills for things like heating and cooling because of how much smaller the space is. So once you pay the house off the maintenance cost of the tiny house will be much less than that of a traditional 3-4 bedroom house.

It's pretty funny that every renovation begins with: "we're going to knock down this wall, and this wall, and this wall, that's a load-bearing wall so we can't knock it down, which sucks" etc etc etc

Do Americans not build their houses?

>it still makes sense to pay the same amount of money for less space

>I looked into it. In many places it's more expensive than property values.
NYC here. Building costs around $400 sqft. The land is much more.

completely depends. I've owned my home for 9 years and it's doubled in value.

>It's two gay guys from Canada move to bumfuck nowhere Australia so that one of them can lecture at the local uni.

Also

>Wife: the house is perfect but I hate the counter tops.
>husband : we can always just replace them
>wife : but you hate renovating
>husband: OK we won't get that house then.

>you'll still be saving a ton of money on your monthly bills for things like heating and cooling because of how much smaller the space is
You wont though. Tiny homefags are retarded. These spaces would be cute to spend a weekend in but it will get old quick cooking, relaxing and sleeping in the same closet.

Why do you think 2008 happened.

>young couple with a budget of 200k
>"wahh this property is smaller than I thought it would be in our budget"

it was intentional. It was done to economically depress the country to generate enthusiasm for the coming Obama campaign.

Yes, because you'll actually USE the space. If the house is still worth the same dollar amount, then that means you still have the same amount of equity despite the smaller space, so who cares? If you sell it you'll get the same amount of money either way. It's just that in the bigger house you'll spend an extra $50 per month climate-controlling the 2-3 rooms you never go into and ultimately have to spend time and money performing maintenance related to those rooms, too.

So you spend the same amount on the house itself, but you cut costs on utilities and various maintenance costs (roofs need to be replaced about every 10 years, and a tiny roof is a lot cheaper than a full sized one) throughout the lifetime of the property. And then when you sell it, it sells for the same amount as the bigger house so all that money you saved on monthly bills and maintenance means you came out financially ahead of the person in the equally-valued bigger house.

cop and hairdresser could never get a loan like that. not before 2008 and not after.

>You wont though.

It literally costs less money to control the climate of a smaller space, because the heater or air conditioner doesn't have to run as long or as often to maintain the same temperature. This isn't even debatable, it's just a fact of how heating and cooling work.

>most reasonably priced home with the best living space and safest neighborhood gets rejected because the wife doesn't like the carpet floors

>wife/girlfriend does THE SAME FUCKING JOKE EACH EPISODE

youtube.com/watch?v=b33ez1oaTCk

>>most reasonably priced home with the best living space and safest neighborhood gets rejected because the wife doesn't like the carpet floors
and in doing so, DID NOTHING WRONG

>shown patio space
>immediately mentions drinking coffee/wine

every fucking time

>it's an interracial couple episode
>it's a gay couple episode

You still have to either buy or rent the land you put the tiny home on. You're also essentially building and living in a fancy trailer. Tiny homes are popular memes now, but we have no idea how long this will go on for. There isn't a reason to believe that their property value will increase at the same rate as an apartment also considering the fact that the area around the apartment will most likely develop further while tiny homes are built out in the country.

>Aaand, here's the living room
>Woow, we can do missionary on here, I could bend her over on this and- oh my god, we could hang our harness right here

Hate that shit.

I'm comparing tiny houses to regular houses, not to apartments. Comparing them to apartments doesn't even make sense. Apartments are rented, not purchased, so ANY purchased home automatically beats them in terms of long-term financial gain because your rent is just money spent while a mortgage payment is money put into equity of a property you own and can sell or refinance to obtain the money again.

>Apartments are rented, not purchased
Ok so you are dumb.

>Watch House Hunters with my parents when I was a kid.
>They still watch it.
>Sometimes watch it with them after I get home from work.

Is this truly the comfiest show?

>Apartments are rented, not purchased
They can be

Are you referring to condominiums? It's still a bad comparison, because the reasons behind buying a tiny house are more similar to the reasons behind buying a regular house (privacy, yard space, not sharing walls with people, living away from noise, etc) just for people who want a smaller living space.

Condominiums are bought by people who like living in apartments and don't mind things like less privacy, sharing walls, or being near businesses but who want to still own something and acquire equity.

Apartments that are purchased are called condos.

>I can understand a family wanting one bedroom per kid and stuff like that, but as a single person I live in a one bedroom apartment and STILL have an entire room (my living room) that goes completely unused 95% of the time.
>
>Sadly, it's not economical in my area to get an apartment any smaller than this because it'd be the same price for less space and also further from work, otherwise I definitely would.

you literally started this whole argument out by comparing them to apartments.

Oh I ignored that distinction; it's the same word for both in my language. Thanks for clearing that up.