Question mainly for Russians and other former Soviet states, what are your thoughts on Gorbachev, looking back in 2017...

Question mainly for Russians and other former Soviet states, what are your thoughts on Gorbachev, looking back in 2017? The rest of you fags can weigh in too, of course.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fgm14D1jHUw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aardakh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what are your thoughts on Gorbachev, looking back in 2017
still the same

And that is?

he lost all polymers

Ok man. Only sane Soviet leader in its existence. Russians hate him because he didnt go full Kim Jong Un to stay in power.

It's funny, the Butthurt Belt and Western Europe/US consider Gorbachev and Yeltsin to be these champions of democracy and world peace or something while Russians think they should have been hung from a lamppost.

Margaret Thatcher talked of how much more gentlemanly and easy to work with Gorbachev and Foreign Minister Eduard Shevardnadze were compared with Chinese leaders.

Yeltsin yes, Gorbachev not really.
Yelstin fucked up so badly.

nice guy, tries hard ,loves the game

Horrible. Attempted to destroy the economy of the USSR and when people tried to stop him he destroyed the country.

He is a traitor that deserves to be shot.

Can you elaborate on this view? Why do you think so?

Because Deng literally threatened Britain with total war if they didn't hand hover Hong-Kong, triggering poor Maggie's sphincter and bladder.
Total mess, sad.

In 1989/90 the East German pro-democracy movement was trying to gauge the mood in Russia so they sent some people to listen to what people are saying in Moscow.

And the Russians were already saying things like "Stalin won us WWII, Gorbachev is going to make us lose it" which made those groups hurry up with reunification as soon as possible while friendly people were still in power

imagine how this feel
youtu.be/fgm14D1jHUw

My dad knew someone who visited the Soviet Union during perestroika and he said Gorbachev was _much_ less popular with his own countrymen than with Westerners.

Horrible person who deserve to be judged and imprisoned for his deeds.

Explain?

he is a dirty bastard son of a whore who sold our glorious Empire to our enemies. in my opinion he should be in prison right now

top fucking kek, that's got to be one of the humiliating things on a national level I've ever seen

no wonder Russians got angry at him

>And the Russians were already saying things like "Stalin won us WWII, Gorbachev is going to make us lose it" which made those groups hurry up with reunification as soon as possible while friendly people were still in power
Hardliners tried to regain power in the August 1991 coup, but it fell apart because the army had no desire to fight for them.

The Chinese leadership is still obsessed with the fall of the Soviet Union and have maintained that the August 91 coup failed because political indoctrination of the Red Army was allowed to lapse.

>Can you elaborate on this view?

For example he let the genocide of russians in the former Union Republics.

>in the former Union Republics.
Other than Chechnya, where did this happen?

I don't know anything about this. Fill me in.

Yes. Tajikistan, Azerbaijan.

the fall of the sovitic union was a disaster for the people, it's take years and years to recover and just for taht he deserve to be shot.

how is it funny? Due to Gorbachev, Soviet Union collapsed.
Obiviously ex-soviet states like that and russians dislike that.
Thats no rocket science

I remember seeing a plaque or something in Tallinn thanking Boris Yeltsin for the restoration of Estonia's independence.

>Tajikistan
A bit funny when you think about it.

>annex useless shithole
>invest tremendous ressources into educating the population, giving them infrastructure, healthcare, and trying to remove their retarded tribal islamic mentality
>they end up declaring independence, waging a civil war because of their retarded tribal islamic mentality, and removing the ethnic Russians present
>afterwards, forsake all of the infrastructure that was built for them
>continue being a retarded tribal islamic shithole, not so different from Afghanistan
>eventually send a huge portion of its population to work in Moscow and St. Petersburg

In hindsight, Russians probably would have been much better off by never touching that shithole.

They tried and failed to civilize Chechnya for 200 years.

Russia can't alllow itself to not touch these shitholes because if neglected they become nests fro spreading terrorism.

By having influence on them Russian goverment force local goverments to fight with terrorism and keep it on the borders of those countries, not on russian's.
Simple as that.

their masculine mentality prevent this.
To be quite honest I won't tell anything mean to chechen irl. I know what consequences it may lead to.
They are feared for a reason.

Would they literally kill you?

>they end up declaring independence

They didn't though, Gorbi and Yeltsin dissolved the USSR. The Baltics , Georgia and Moldavia wanted out of the USSR, the rest wanted to stay.

They easily could.
Or leave me with heavy fractured bones.

Basically, Russia couldn't break Chechnya through military force so Putin instead just had to give Kadyrov massive bribes to execute Wahabi propagandists, in addition all of the destroyed infrastructure in Grozny was rebuilt at great expense.

It's no different than Sinkiang. The Uighurs actually thought we were going to come and free them from China after the invasion of Iraq.

So you see, Sinkiang is another place that if a tight leash weren't kept on it (in this case by China) it would also turn into a terrorism breeding ground.

Why didn't the Russians just genocide them? I mean I'm not promoting genocide by any means but Russian leadership has always been ruthless.

Because he would be seen as literally Hitler

They did
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aardakh

But the cuck Krushchev allowed them to return( he also made the whole problem with Crimea)

Khrushchev cut Crimea off as a separate autonomous oblast, yes, however the Crimean Tatars had been exiled several years earlier for collaborating with the Germans and were not allowed back until perestroika.