What do you guys think of Chappie?

What do you guys think of Chappie?

It proved to me that the guy who made District 9 is only capable of making one type of movie.

Good visuals. That's about it

Die Antwoord were kinda fun, in their own stupid way, but everything techwise was pseudointellectual crap from someone that didn't even pass PHIL 101

>I've got terabytes of coding and compiling to do!
>herp derp it's cool, we did a backup of your brain, no need to actually address all the questions that raises

It was so silly and tonaly all over the place that I almost liked it. I never saw the matt damon one. District 9 is fine

I liked it, but only because I like Die Antwoord. As a movie, it was pretty terrible.

the second time ive ever walked out of a movie. literally insufferable.

Interesting concept but poorly done

Die Antwoord killed the tone. It would have been better to keep it grounded like District 9 but it couldn't decide if it wanted comedy or drama.

would have been better with some actual actors in it. no doubt yolandi offered her asshole to the director to cast them in it.

It was shit-tier faggotry produced by Sony Pictures.

>from the director of shitstrict 9

like that's a fucking medal. oh yeah, and chappie was backwash

Bunch of hipsters raise a toddler. It's like one of those 80's talking baby movies except filmed in a trash dump. Pretty visuals can't save that kind of garbage premise.

It's this genetation's Short Circuit.

Everyone was an idiot.
>Executive was an idiot for not wanting to do research on an extra product at no cost because the engineer was already doing the work in his off time and wanted to use scrap parts.
>The engineer for the Moose had no fucking clue how to market something to people he kept getting feedback from. When asked to reduce cost he added surface to air missile racks.
>The guy wanting to research AI decided to build criminals a robot they said they wanted to use for crime. Couldn't outsmart them and then somehow got upset when they made Chappie do crime and wouldn't let him teach him to paint
>The criminals for thinking they could use one of the scout drones for crime in the first place, since even if they had one then they would be out numbered
>Also for thinking that they could just find a master "off" switch by kidnapping one guy.

It felt a lot like District 9 where you have one character really out of their element or clueless and everyone in the world is a complete dick to them for no reason.

This had some of the best CGI I've ever seen tbqh

I love this movie. One of the most fun and original sci-fi flicks in the last decade. The music is brilliant, the setting compelling and has a really good climax.

I hope Blomkamp keeps making shit like this.

I'm a big Die Antwoord fan, so I loved it.

Comfy. I don't ask more about this movie.

I loved it, probably because I like die Antwoord and South Africa as a whole

It made me realize that there are people out there who like those two South African twats.

>"Oh this is cool"
>"Chappie is cute"
>"What the fuck?"
>"A supercomputer made of PS4's wired together? Really?"
>"What the fuck?!"
>"What the fucking fuck?"

It was weird, very.

I didn't know there was people who don't like them until reading these threads.

Proof that Blomfag can't write for shit.
District 9 was only good because it was refined over a period of years with multiple people injecting ideas into it.
That fucker needs to be told he ain't no Cameron.
Look at pic related, what a mess.

I find it hilarious that Mommys whole conscious can be stored on what seemingly is a 2GB flash drive. I guess there isn't much in her mind.

I like District 9 but I fucking hate South Africa, will I enjoy this movie?

It was a silly Disney lampoon with violence and gore. It wasn't great, but it was fun. I liked it.

No, it's shit.

that's the joke

No dont watch it. I went to see it in cinemas when it came out with my dad and once it was done I felt like I had to apologise to him

I actually liked it, Sharlto Copley as Chappie genuinely made me care, Hugh Jackman trying to DEUS VULT Chappie in his flying moosebot was fucking hilarious, nice visuals, but Die Antwoord were really fucking annoying

>what's up fuck mother

>how's shit

Not very good unfortunately

Yolandi Visser got robbed for best actress. Most convincing female committed to film in two decades.

Its silly, 6/10. Dont be retarded and take it seriously.

ninja surprised me with how good his acting was

It wasn't a great movie but I enjoyed it

It was basically "Die Antwoord: The movie"

It had some great moments, but the plot was a bit stupid. I liked how Chappies learning AI made him behave like the guys around him and how he was unable to understand that people lie.