Kino. Better than Heat. Prove me wrong if u can, but u can't

Kino. Better than Heat. Prove me wrong if u can, but u can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zAHxAD6X-Ng
youtube.com/watch?v=4vumVGPaa3w
youtube.com/watch?v=QLNUIU7AzTg
youtube.com/watch?v=9WyiNS-dPrE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Better than Heat
that's not hard to achieve

I still don't get why people think Heat is all that good. It has to be just because Pacino and DeNiro are in the same movie. I saw it a long ass fucking goddamn time ago too when I could more easily like things.
But agreed, Collateral is better than Heat.

Kind of a meme film but alright for an action movie

Collateral was missing something. Maybe the action wasn't that great, or the dumb coincidence at the end.

The ending was retarded. There's no way a cab driver could take on a professional hit man and live to tell about it.

Collateral > Miami Vice > Heat

Heat is enormously overrated here and in popular culture. It's an ok film at best.

Collateral is indeed much better.

I usually say people's opinions aren't wrong. But you must be in your teens if you think what you believe. Fuck off.

Cruises one and only good movie.

Early 2000's movies aren't that old but they are really starting to show their age now. You see the flip phones and cab drivers haven't been replaced by uber yet and you can just sense the age of it.

>Nightclub scene where people are still dancing after shots have been fired numerous times

Not that user but probably older than you if we're playing this game.

That *was* the appeal, Pacino and DeNiro finally together, and it's a gimmick. Both have done much better work in a handful of films and that "iconic" diner scene isnt all it's cracked up to be as the duo are never in a two shot together. Only back and fourth like television direction, it's deflating. A couple cool operator scenes, the thin theme of 'we're both obsessed w this life to the detriment of our personal happiness,' does not in itself a good film make. There's very little critical purchase.

Who the fuck cares about uber? It appeared two year max and will go on bankruptcy soon.

last third is weak and predictable. still has a lot going for it, but the last act is basically just "hero saves some bitch from villain who chases them and then is foiled somehow"

Heat has better characters and plot IMO. Collateral has better cinematography IIRC, or at least more interesting.
Also heat had better acting too. Yes, Tom was great but Jamie was mediocre.

They are equal to me along with Thief too.
I still can't stand MV.

It's cause cruise's character was rigid to a fault. At the end he fires in the Mozambique drill method. 2 in the chest, 1 in the head. The problem was the door blocked off center mass and the head. So Jamie Foxx firing randomly was able to get a shot in while the door blocked cruise's bulleta

lol. No it wont. Uber is doing ok but even if they did go bankrupt another company will just step up and replace it.

Uber is even working with Chrysler on their self driving tech. Driving for a living is about to become a thing of the past.

Blackhat > Collateral > Miami Vice > Heat

Training day > Brookylns finest > Harsh times > street kings > everything else.

>who the fuck cares about uber

you must be under 18 and dont go out drinking on weekends literally kill yourself basement autist

saw Thief, Heat, The Insider, Collateral and Blackhat... loved most of them except i think Thief hasn't aged as good as Heat...
i'm missing his lesser known films like Manhunter, Last Mohican, Ali, Miami Vice and Public Enemy, how do they compare to Mann's classic films?

Thief needs a modern remake. Most of the burglary techniques they used just plain wouldn't cut it anymore. With the advent of cheap motion activated wireless cameras and advanced alarm systems; the modern thief has to be more high tech.

Last Mohican is fucking awesome if that's your jam.

brave opinion but i respect it. Blackhat doesn't deserve all the shit it got. it was really good, i just think people nowadays aren't used to Mann's restricted approach to make thrillers...
chris hemsworth as the worlds best hacker who is also trained in martial arts was a retarded casting choice though...

i'd love a modern remake but i just feel that they would cast Jason Statham in the lead and i don't need that...

They were doing OK until they fucked with the sjw's and the largely immigrant taxi force at jfk

I literally guarantee I'm older than you.

>Korean techno intensifies

youtube.com/watch?v=zAHxAD6X-Ng

>don't go drinking and driving

You must be a nu-male.

Whoever they cast it needs to be believable. Someone that looks like an ex-con.

Not even sjw's can stop the free market.

JIGBI JUGAI CHOO

Collateral had a tighter narrative since it's cast was smaller. Heat had the parralel character arcs between it's leads, and a stronger cast overall.

This

Plebs just don't understand Mann Kino

Godawful conclusion ruins an otherwise decent movie.

But the actual robbery is probably the best action scene in films ever.

please no more remakes

How should it have ended?

I'm thinking
>Final shootoout
>Vincent and Max shooting the shit out of each other
>Max dies
>Vincent is fine because operator
>Walks up to Annie
>Raises gun
>Shadow of the Sun starts playing

DA NA NA NA NA NAA
NA NA NA NA
NA NA NA NA
NA NA NA NA

The conclusion was obvious from the start lol

BASED.

Yeah rofl it's a hollywood movie lmao dude lol

HILD THE FUCK UP. SENPAI HOW DID I NEVER NOTCIE ILL REWATCH IT RIGHT NOW

Ali is shit. It isn't Mann type of film.
Public Enemy is good if you're into 30's gangsters
Miami Vice is good if Miami Vice was of your liking.
Last Mohican is good if you're into native american history and american history in general
If you liked collateral and Heat Miami Vice is a good bet because it doesn't stray far from the style. And Public Enemies is a lot like Heat but set in the 30s.

>what is edge of tomorrow
>what is mission impossible

Well the turn of events in the movie adhere better to Mann's ideas I think.
I can't find the vid, but Mann explains why De Niro's character went down, because of his rules. This and user's explanation above about the Mozambique drill fit.

If someone can find the vid I would appreciate it, it must be from the movies extras or something.

literally coordinated IRC contrarianism and baiting

SHUT IT DOWN HE IS ON TO US

>mfw I never realised this
>mfw somebody occasionally says something insightful on Sup Forums and makes me go wew

Kino

What is with this meme? It's not that interesting.

>It's not that interesting.
It really isnt. This film does not deserve its hype. It felt fresh at the time, for a time and maybe people's memory of it is inflated? A recent rewatch has me ranking it below a number of other Mann films.

Collateral is a great movie but I have 2 complaints about it. First, the tone of the movie changes to a horror-esque tone after Cruise gets shot in the head. It felt like they were being chased by Michael Myers. Second, I hate how Cruise tells the story of the dead guy on the train and then dies in the exact same manner. They should have made the story a parallel of how he died (e.g. a dead man on a park bench). Having him die the exact same way felt kinda cheesy. Otherwise it's a great movie.

I think it's ending shot is beautiful, but not worthy of like 3 hours.

KINO AS FUCK

>First, the tone of the movie changes to a horror-esque tone after Cruise gets shot in the head

u wot m8

>Thief needs a modern remake
Ahem

>the tone of the movie changes to a horror-esque tone after Cruise gets shot in the head. It felt like they were being chased by Michael Myers.

>Otherwise it's a great movie.

This is a valid complaint, tense, well directed sequence but agreed it went full action ridiculousness after being more intimate.

>manhunter
literally kino

I agree

He was a professional wheel man. He wasn't a burglar.

movie has lots of themes of fate/coincidence/nihilism/existentialism tho

DUDE GREY SUITS AND WHITE SHIRTS WITHOUT TIES SOMETIMES WITH SUNGLASSES TOO LMAO

Tom Cruise was really fucking great in this. He should have played badguys more often.

awesome film

irc was a mistake

manhunter is crap
last mohican is crap
ali is decent
miami vice is decent
public enemy is shit

is it better than minority report?

ali and miami vice are great. insider is my favourite movie

Totally different beasts there is noway to compare the two but both are good.

I can't because I agree with you.

It's way more stylish. No one shoots a city at night like Mann.

>Better than Heat
Nothing is better than Heat. Nothing.

>Better than Heat

>the window getting shot out
They really did put a lot of effort into it, damn.

anything tom makes is guaranteed to be kino

dude's been straight killing it for over 3 decades
youtube.com/watch?v=4vumVGPaa3w

everyone that's ever worked with him says he's super nice guy with a crazy work ethnic/insatiable energy

one of the few actors/producers in hollywood i legitimately respect

this movie exemplifies kino to me..its the first movie I saw that had scenes that i could watch separately and analyze

>wew
wew is bad

wew means bad stuff

have a nice saturday night, newkid

That was a remake of The Driver.

Or, well, a rip-off.

>i made up shit to make sense of the stupid ending

>rigid
Are you retarded? His whole schtick was "iching, Darwin, adapt, just roll with it." He's methodical, but not robotic.
Please go back to /r/eddit and youtube with your meme "analysis."

>the first movie he could ever sit down and analyze is an action crime movie

really makes the noggin rattle

Heat had better sound design, and the moral of Heat wasn't slam-dunked into your fucking esophagus like Collateral

I like both but Heat is better.

who would out operate the other?

Fails because of that lame ass ending. Well trained hit man loses to cabby? No thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=QLNUIU7AzTg
>the shot at the end literally transitions to the quintessential MI opening
>that was the intro
>k i n o

>daily reminder MI:III is the best MI

>JJ Abrams
>Better than de palma

plebs dont know who de palma is

fuck man i hate jj

>JJ Abrams
>Better then Woo

you can tell that they called an expert for these gunfight scenes. The double tap things and that position in your pic are all pro stuff. A friend of mine who used to be a policeman told me about that position, they call it here the ''american" for some reason. It prevents you getting shot on your vital organs by protecting them with your legs.

>both the target and the hitman were picked up by the same cab driver in LA
>lawyer hits on cab driver
>tom cruise
better than heat

Lmao. Is this b8? You split your legs so you don't shoot yourself. Try it. Does it cover any vitals? Doesn't even cover your balls.

youtube.com/watch?v=9WyiNS-dPrE
>main char flashback of friend when at funeral cliche
>K i n o

also MI:III was stacked with qt's:
>michelle monaghan
>maggie q
>keri russell

It has that Django nigger in it.
A movie with a nigger in it can never be kino. It can be a flick, a movie or a film, but it will never be kino.

>will smiff

hahahahaha hes literally a gay nigger from outter space

t. Hugh Pleb

thats not even will smiff

and im not bashing blacks

im bashing will smiff

you are obviously a niggerfaggot from outter space

ps. inside man is a flick

Inside Man is cinema.